Firestone Hot Springs i live for the applause
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: Oh, my bad for misunderstanding!
Also sorry for this abrupt departure, Jinx is... An unreasonable character, lol. I'd love if in a future thread they could work things out and teach each other and be Sos wolves together! I do love this turn in development for Hawkeye though, and hope they can play it out more when Jinx isn't being so butthurt about it!
And oh I misread that part, but that's okay, Jinx is opinionated anyway, she has selective hearing so we'll pretend she selectively chose to think Hawkeye was saying something she wasn't so that it makes sense! Sorry!

IC: Had she been a less composed wolf, her jaw probably would have unhinged and fallen into the hot water beneath her chest, and she would have drowned in it. Instead, she remained in shocked silence as Hawkeye dared — yes, dared — to suddenly change her tune. Just moments ago, the woman had claimed to no longer be invested in Sos (could anybody but Jinx, so full of her religion and so certain of her claims, blame her?) and had claimed that Jinx was delusional, and now all of a sudden she expected Jinx to believe she heard his voice?

She heard his voice too, from time to time, as Siku once had and as Lecter had and as Koios and all fervent followers of his had, but to believe this heathen who had moments ago made very clear she had no time for Sos and his ways heard him? It was absolutely asinine of Hawkeye to even suggest such a thing, and the Kesuk felt she ought to rise up out of the water and remove the vocal cords that dared to offend Jinx with such mockery of her god, as she incorrectly believed it to be nothing but good old-fashioned making fun of her.

However, she did not move toward Hawkeye, even as the dark Alpha came toward her with what seemed to be a solution to their strife, hinging on Sos himself. Instead, the woman moved back, hauled herself from the waters, shook out her coat lightly so as not to douse the Blacktail wolf in it, and then openly scoffed at Hawkeye, as if to say, you expect me to believe that? Sos' right-hand servant was Lecter, but even Lecter would not have been told who else Sos whispered to; the god was self-serving, and as such, was crafty enough to make all wolves believe they were his right-hand wolf. It therefore was not strange for Jinx to not have heard that Hawkeye was also a Child of Sos, since Sos kept that information to himself, as far as she knew.

Deciding that this was no longer worth her time, she lifted her lip and her body in a full-on display of outrage, and spoke once more. You sit there, call me delusional, say my god's commands for me are not acceptable to you, then expect me to help you learn about Sos to serve him? You have some nerve, Hawkeye. With a sneer, the Horizon Ridge Kappa turned her back in haughty disregard, shooting one last remark over her shoulder as she began trotting back toward the coast, where she would have a much-needed reprieve from the Blacktail Alpha: maybe when you learn some respect then you will be ready to learn of him.

Jinx, of course, had no way of saying whether what Hawkeye said was true or not. For all the white-coated Kesuk wolf knew, Hawkeye was telling the honest truth. For all she knew, it had been a sudden revelation. Either way, the Kesuk refused to teach a wolf arrogant enough to approach her and discredit her beliefs as delusion, and the very thought of such a wolf suddenly claiming to hear Sos set her blood boiling so badly that she thought her heart might erupt volcanically with outrage. Perhaps in the future the females would be brought together again by Sos' designs, and would be useful to one another... But for now, the Kesuk was deeply offended, and would sleep well if she never saw Hawkeye of Blacktail Deer Plateau again. If Sos designed for Jinx to remain there on this day, then he would instruct her to return, but he did not; she could only conclude that Hawkeye was therefore making fun of her, without knowing whether Sos would bring them together again in the future to bring Hawkeye's truth to light.

Messages In This Thread
i live for the applause - by Jinx - December 18, 2013, 02:21 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Hawkeye - December 18, 2013, 02:36 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Jinx - December 18, 2013, 03:35 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Hawkeye - December 18, 2013, 03:58 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Jinx - December 18, 2013, 04:53 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Hawkeye - December 19, 2013, 10:22 AM
RE: i live for the applause - by Jinx - December 19, 2013, 12:01 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Hawkeye - December 19, 2013, 01:55 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Jinx - December 19, 2013, 02:26 PM
RE: i live for the applause - by Hawkeye - December 19, 2013, 02:42 PM