in some sad way i already know
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
It really is terrible and I hate it, haha. Just wished I wasn't commuting so much otherwise that mifi would be completely affordable. But alas, monies go into gasoline purchases. :(

It came as a bit of a surprise that the coast was cold. But had he actually put some thought into it, he would have realized that it was always cold. Having followed the coastline north into the Wilds, he should have recalled it. Instead his expression piqued with interest at that note and remained as Caiaphas shared a brief summary of what her home was. Following that came the trials of being there, and he soon found himself thankful that they had not had to deal with their kin trying to steal food. It wasn't to say that the vagrants who had gone astray of the Spine hadn't done that, however convoluted of a thought it was.

“Sounds charming,” he stated, referencing their sound. For the same reason, he supposed he liked the Spine as well. “And I've been busy… doing this, I guess you could say. Keeping the caches full, maintaining our borders. Trying to keep everyone settled.” He smiled weakly at the mention, but did not voice the question if they had their own deserters or not. Perhaps it was a seasonal thing, where some wolves felt it was better to venture out and gamble against the oncoming winter. Before the Spine, Mordecai had never really paid attention to the bodies that came and went.

It was her question past that though that gave him a moment's pause. Given how far away the Spine was from the coast (or at least the perceived distance; again, he had never given it thought), Mordecai hadn't consider the impact of their neighbors. They had left Silvertip because of the proximity of others, and the Spine gave them natural distance and cover to keep them away. “I don't see why we would be bothered, but then again I'm only half of the alphaship here. I can't speak for her, but it doesn't bother me.” He paused, mouth opening to speak a question that evaded him momentarily. “Why do you ask?” Did Caiaphas know something that they didn't?
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 07, 2014, 07:35 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 08, 2014, 03:26 AM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 09, 2014, 07:51 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 13, 2014, 12:03 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 14, 2014, 07:07 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 16, 2014, 09:23 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 18, 2014, 09:41 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 23, 2014, 11:57 AM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 27, 2014, 05:57 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 28, 2014, 12:30 AM