Duskfire Glacier Joining Thread
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Malachi steadied himself at the sight of her bristling fur, but made no advance toward the woman who prickled before him. He would not attack unless she lunged first, and his decision to remain unprovoked soon payed off. He did not allow himself to waver as the woman told her story, but his heart twisted with her words and he felt compassion and indignation stir within. That wolves would treat their own with such contempt revolted him, and he felt a sting of shame he'd made this young woman live through the horrors of her past again. Though she remained stoic, he felt the sorrow that leeched from her fur, and he lowered his gaze. He knew the pain she suffered - indirectly, of course; he would never fully know a mother's pain - but had witnessed the loss of child affect his mother, and now Tuwawi, to know there was little he could do to ease this woman's pain. Though Malachi wished to tell her words of comfort, he knew they would be futile and chose to remain silent. He let some seconds pass before speaking again. He found himself careful now with his words.

"When I first met our Alpha Tuwawi, she offered me a family, and that's what we have here. I swear on my life we will not allow any wolf to be abused. That's not how a family works." He closed his eyes for a heartbeat, nostalgia hitting him as he thought back on his blood kin, then set his gaze on the woman again. "We all contribute here, for the good of each other. We often give up our rest and our health for the sake of every wolf. If you are willing to work with us, then I am confident Tuwawi will accept you into our ranks." He did not know if they could offer a sanctuary, but he knew they could offer her a home, and one in which this young woman could learn how pack life really worked.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
Joining Thread - by Alexandria - October 09, 2014, 07:58 PM
RE: Joining Thread - by Malachi - October 10, 2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Joining Thread - by Alexandria - October 11, 2014, 07:53 AM
RE: Joining Thread - by Malachi - October 13, 2014, 10:33 PM
RE: Joining Thread - by Alexandria - October 13, 2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Joining Thread - by Malachi - October 14, 2014, 11:08 PM
RE: Joining Thread - by Alexandria - October 15, 2014, 04:40 PM
RE: Joining Thread - by Malachi - October 19, 2014, 11:42 AM
RE: Joining Thread - by Alexandria - October 19, 2014, 12:00 PM