Blacktail Deer Plateau come with me now, i'm gonna show you how.
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
:D Those pictures so far are gorgeous <3 Pictures do always help to visualize. All I've imagined so far are rocks. And crevices. And more rocks. xD

Kaihra tried to forget the storm. She turned her focus on the rugged terrain instead and trained her eyes on the ground a number of steps beyond her own four feet. She spared no talk, for that would only stifle her concentration, and the journey remained wordless as the two wolves ventured further up the mountainside.

Whether the sky darkened from the fall of the sun or from the thickening clouds, Kaihra knew they needed to find shelter soon. So she led their caravan further into the rocks, in search for a crevice between cliffs, a cave, perhaps, to rest in for the night and wait out the rain.

But Finley's voice broke her thoughts, and Kaihra turned with a furrow to her brow. Water? At this height? Kaihra pricked her ears. Impossible. But she didn't have time to search out the sound. Grey fur flashed by, and the dark woman staggered aside as Finley pushed on past. "Finley!" She felt her voice come out as a hiss and she leapt after the girl with paw steps still too cautious to keep time with the grey girl's pace. She took small relief in the direction they ran - deeper into the mountains, and further from the cliffside - but cursed herself as the ashen girl disappeared between the mountainous rocks.

Kaihra plunged into the musky crevice with a tremor of apprehension. The air hung damp about them, and she strained to see through the dimly lit light. She could hear the water now, and soon found Finley by way of plumy tail in her face. Kaihra gave a grunt, but otherwise slipped beside the girl without a word. As the moved along, the sound of water grew, and Kaihra felt a growing curiosity take hold of her mind.

The discomfort of the tunnel lasted only a short while, and soon they reached their unknown destination - and Kaihra felt her eyes widen at the sprawling land before them. It was like a whole other world squashed right between their mountain peaks, and the dark woman fell stunned at the sight. Finley was right: it was "one hell of a find". But the initial wonder quickly wore off, and the dark woman turned to observe the dangers of the area instead - the rocks that would prove slippery from the light drizzle that began to wet the land, the plunging drop as the river fell into a towering fall -

A whine rose from her companion and Kaihra turned to see Finley tearing down into the clearing below. Kaihra felt her shoulders sag. Finley was a whirlwind, and one she wished she could keep up with. But the dark woman could not overlook her caution, and Kaihra followed at a timid pace, picking her way across the rocks with growing apprehension. While she trusted Finley enough not to get killed, she trained her eye on the grey girl anyway and felt her stomach churn as her companion drew closer and closer to the plunging falls. "Just don't get too close!" Kaihra warned, and picked up her pace until she drew up behind her tireless friend. The dusk made it difficult to see the edge of the cliff, and Kaihra stopped on an outcropping rock a good distance away from where the river plunged off the edge of the earth. She flashed her eyes to Finley and felt her stomach churn. "And be careful." The rain and the darkness didn't help the situation at all, and she knew with one wrong step either one of them could be plunging toward whatever lay at the waterfall's base.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - August 31, 2014, 05:03 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 01, 2014, 12:44 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 02, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 07, 2014, 03:31 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 07, 2014, 10:34 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 14, 2014, 11:11 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 14, 2014, 03:58 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 14, 2014, 05:44 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 15, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 21, 2014, 05:11 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 24, 2014, 07:45 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - September 28, 2014, 01:21 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - September 29, 2014, 08:04 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 03, 2014, 06:02 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 04, 2014, 05:42 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 10, 2014, 11:37 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 12, 2014, 08:32 AM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 19, 2014, 05:59 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Kaihra - October 25, 2014, 05:47 PM
RE: come with me now, i'm gonna show you how. - by Finley - October 25, 2014, 06:08 PM