the story of my life
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: Works fine for me!

IC: She had thought spotting the herd would be made easier by the height, but Jinx hadn't accounted for the rainforest. It spilled out from the ridge's southern and western sides, thick and overgrown and remarkably humid. It reminded her of Shearwater Bay so greatly that her eyes closed of their own accord and she drew in a deep breath, forgetting her desire for a hunt to calm her nerves and take the edge of hunger off. Besides, she decided it would be too difficult to find the prey if they were hiding in the shadows of the trees, where even a wolf's keen eyes could not find them.

She rose and turned about as if to head elsewhere, and came face to face with a wolf coloured in the same hue and pattern of the porpoise totem she had once been acquainted with. The fur in her ruff and withers rose uncertainly as shock at his abrupt appearance, and his almost ghost-like silence in approaching. She had no idea who he was: he was no Kisu, and the howls aside from his and hers had been minimal. It could only mean...

She need not think more on it, for Akhlut instantly claimed right of rank with his posture, to which Jinx conceded after only half a heartbeat of tense uncertainty. The pack had an Alpha, and if she was not mistaken, this wolf was he, and he seemed more than able to maintain that rank if necessary. For that reason, Jinx ducked her head and laid flat her lifted fur, and her ears tilted down and to the sides of her head in a comfortable position of respect and ease. Her posture said, you must be Alpha.

But their first meeting required verbal verification, of course. "Akhlut," she identified, summoning the name from memory of when Kisu had said it. "I am Jinx Kesuk." If she was aware that he might already have a bone to pick with her of any kind, then she certainly didn't give it away.
Messages In This Thread
the story of my life - by Jinx - December 19, 2013, 08:57 PM
RE: the story of my life - by Akhlut - December 23, 2013, 09:43 PM
RE: the story of my life - by Jinx - December 24, 2013, 10:45 AM
RE: the story of my life - by Akhlut - January 10, 2014, 08:34 PM
RE: the story of my life - by Jinx - January 12, 2014, 10:12 AM
RE: the story of my life - by Akhlut - January 16, 2014, 10:14 PM
RE: the story of my life - by Jinx - January 18, 2014, 09:15 AM