peace will win and fear will lose
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: I don't think the gods ever take possession, necessarily - I think loa could though - but I wasn't the one who made them up so I'm not sure! We'll roll with it! Jinx is just stubborn cause she was born with it and wants nothing to do with someone who made fun of her for it. :P

IC: Whatever Hawkeye's smirk was for, Jinx ignored it. She was a female of the Kesuk family - a family of powerful wolves, to be sure - and would not stoop to pettiness about that smirk, not even to this deranged wolf that thought to have her teach her the ways of Sos. Part of her selfishly held onto her religion, unwilling to part with it, for Bon Dye had been her first and last attempt to teach pathetic heathens of the bear gods that ruled over all of them, and part of her fervently believed what she said. A wolf so new to the gods could not know a fraction of what a wolf born knowingly into their embrace knew, and that was fact.

She was content to turn around and ignore Hawkeye unless the female laid fang to her - a move that would have assured Hawkeye's permanent shame and potentially her death, depending on the degree of the motion - but before she could dismiss herself, the black female began a violent shuddering. Her body undulated like waves, raising a snicker from Jinx, who knew it was not Sos, but a mischievous (and dutiful to Sos, it would seem) loa, causing it. Nonetheless, a loa choosing to accept Hawkeye as a vessel was confirmation enough, though the Kesuk woman would forever refuse to acknowledge the arrogant opinion that they were even remotely equal in it. In matters of Sos, Koios was Lecter's superior, Lecter was Jinx's superior, and Jinx was Hawkeye's, forever and ever.

"That was a loa," she pointed out when Hawkeye regained her soul, dropping the aggression she had shown before. "But the loa are Sos' lessers as well, so his sign will suffice. Do not fancy yourself my equal," she warned, and the crash of the sea confirmed Sos' agreement in this (at least she believed this to be true), for Jinx was born to it, and would not settle for a wolf newly learned of him to consider herself equally regarded. "He is a god who takes as he will. If you do not obey, he will consume you; you cannot hope to overcome him if he grows tired of you. All sin in the world begins with him, and he consumes sinners. He deceives, and we must do as he does." There was a story in Seahawk of one Thetis Nereides who had been taken by Sos, who had grown tired of the Nereides' foolish belief in Atka, represented by the sea, and their disregard for him, Lord of Souls. Atka was weakened, chased away from her realm by Sos' power, so she could not help a wolf who defied Sos.

"What you come to learn I cannot teach you," she rumbled, still clearly displeased by Hawkeye's presence; they would never be friends, that much was assured. Hawkeye had wronged Jinx and offended her grievously, and there was no coming back from wronging a Kesuk. "There is no set of rules."
Messages In This Thread
peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 22, 2013, 07:53 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 23, 2013, 10:05 AM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 24, 2013, 02:45 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 10:15 AM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 26, 2013, 11:25 AM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 11:54 AM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 26, 2013, 12:57 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 01:25 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 26, 2013, 02:55 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 03:51 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 26, 2013, 04:33 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 04:51 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 26, 2013, 05:14 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - December 26, 2013, 05:23 PM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Jinx - December 28, 2013, 08:20 AM
RE: peace will win and fear will lose - by Hawkeye - January 02, 2014, 06:22 PM