Stavanger Bay It's the truth of the game
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I hope you don't mind that I upped this thread to take place after the kids find out about their parentage. It makes more sense to me. :P

Ragnar watched as his second born frowned at the words and heavy burden that he was placing upon the young child's shoulders — because that was what Gunnar and Mercury were. Children. Even if they held the bodies of young adults they were still children and this kind of responsibility was a heavy one for those so young. “This isn't a decision that I make lightly, Gunnar, and I am sorry that I have to force you to recognize that this might be something you have to do, that I may not come back from this. “If you can get Mercury to come around then I am sure he will gladly step up too.” Mercury might not have wanted to be a Viking, and the two of them might not have been on good footing these days with the truth having came about regarding their parentage but there wasn't anyone that Ragnar trusted more than his sons with it, even if at the end of the day they wished to shed the Lodbrok name in favor of DiSarinno. In Ragnar's mind they would never truly be Crete's sons. He had no right to call himself their father when he'd never been there to begin with. “This is a delicate mission, not something I am very good at it. I hold no presumptions about how it may or may not go.” Ragnar was confident but he wasn't stupid — far from it, despite what his quietness might initially let on to those who did not know him.

Messages In This Thread
It's the truth of the game - by Gunnar - October 08, 2014, 10:10 AM
RE: It's the truth of the game - by Ragnar - October 09, 2014, 06:44 AM
RE: It's the truth of the game - by Gunnar - October 11, 2014, 02:12 PM
RE: It's the truth of the game - by Ragnar - October 12, 2014, 08:40 AM
RE: It's the truth of the game - by Gunnar - October 13, 2014, 12:19 PM
RE: It's the truth of the game - by Ragnar - October 14, 2014, 07:02 AM
RE: It's the truth of the game - by Gunnar - October 15, 2014, 10:49 AM
RE: It's the truth of the game - by Ragnar - October 23, 2014, 06:50 AM
RE: It's the truth of the game - by Gunnar - October 23, 2014, 12:52 PM
RE: It's the truth of the game - by Ragnar - October 31, 2014, 07:46 AM
RE: It's the truth of the game - by Gunnar - October 31, 2014, 10:13 AM