in some sad way i already know
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
I find it hilarious that compared to Leviathan, Mordecai is all "I really have no idea what I'm doing but here, let me pretend I do!"

In regards to his own promotion, all Mordecai could offer up was a single statement — “Of a sort.” — and leave it at that. Not in a dismissive way, but because what Caiaphas went on to say brought him introspection. He supposed on some level, all the packs affected everything around them. No doubt the prey, which in that moment, Mordecai didn't see them having too much of a problem with. There was of course, Meldresi's pack near to them, but it was still far enough away that he hoped it wouldn't pose a threat to their livelihood. Or benefit greatly from whatever opportunities they chose to pass up.

It was however, the following queries that caused him to falter; his mouth opened uncertainly, wondering how he could patch up his own choice of bad words. He wasn't exactly fond of mentioning that the Spine had certainly seen better days. “It is,” he said finally, “it's just the restlessness that comes before winter. Even I find myself wanting to venture out for a bit, but I know it's best if we keep our focus here. Not all of us are seasoned scouts, you know?” He offered her a smile, though it felt weak. He tried to amend it further. “The last thing I want is someone to venture out and get snowed in somewhere. Every wolf counts, which I'm sure your pack has done its fair share of recruiting as well.”
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 07, 2014, 07:35 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 08, 2014, 03:26 AM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 09, 2014, 07:51 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 13, 2014, 12:03 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 14, 2014, 07:07 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 16, 2014, 09:23 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 18, 2014, 09:41 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 23, 2014, 11:57 AM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Caiaphas - October 27, 2014, 05:57 PM
RE: in some sad way i already know - by Mordecai - October 28, 2014, 12:30 AM