Stavanger Bay The poison in my soul
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I feel really bad about Ragnar's cruel thoughts. T-T

“I am used to tossing aside what I no longer want,” He'd done it three time previous to Nerian. Ragnar understood, from Thistle's perspective, how harsh his words sounded but it was the truth. He'd had many wives before he took Thistle as his wife, and before he'd taken Nerian as one too. He was not unaccustomed to this whole ordeal, though, admittedly, it was the first time that one of them left him before he could tell them he was no longer interested. Thistle knew what he was when she agreed to be his wife, knew that he was cruel and cold. He was a product of his harsh culture and he had warned her to never expect him to change because he wouldn't. He wouldn't change for anyone. Except, perhaps Odinn but that was a vastly different spectrum as far as Ragnar was concerned because Odinn controlled whether he went to Valhalla or not when he died and Ragnar did not work so hard and put so much faith into the All-Father to screw it all up.

“I will see what kind of shape the Bay is in when it comes close to your next heat season,” Ragnar spoke softly. In truth, he did not want to have to sacrifice his chance as his own flesh and blood litter when obviously no one else had sacrificed anything for them. Now they had one missing child, one AWOL and one presumably dead parent, and three infant foster children to take care of now. Ragnar wasn't that noble, and angry that the Seer had told him he would have many sons only to know that of his own flesh and blood he'd had one. He hated the idea of being the bigger man if it meant giving up something that he really wanted but he was the Jarl and as the Jarl he had no choice. “If it is bad then we will not have children.” It killed him to say that but the Bay was always his priority — just as the lives of those who were his subordinates were presently more important that the hypothetical lives of children yet to be born.

“Exactly what I said. His trail vanishes into the sea.” But as far as placing the blame went Ragnar didn't place it upon himself or Thistle. Had it happened after the fact of their parents departure that would have been a different tale entirely.

Messages In This Thread
The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 16, 2014, 01:45 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 16, 2014, 04:22 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 16, 2014, 08:37 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 17, 2014, 08:27 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 17, 2014, 12:09 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 21, 2014, 08:17 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 21, 2014, 08:52 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 23, 2014, 07:18 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 23, 2014, 07:37 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 25, 2014, 08:28 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 25, 2014, 11:50 AM