Big Salmon Lake And I Ran
17 Posts
Ooc —

After her near fatal encounter with the resident wolves of Blackfeather Woods, Meeka had run until she put their territory far behind her. Her first important lesson about life in the wild had been a harsh one, and had earned her a few minor battle scars. Now she paid closer attention to her surroundings, and stayed far away from signs of wolf activity. She had escaped death to the cruel jaws of a wolf this time, but next time she might not be so lucky.

Her wandering paws had led her to the shore of a great lake. There were no signs of wolves nearby, so Meeka felt safe enough to stop and rest for the first time all day. She waded a few steps into the lake, the cool water soothing her aching paws. She peered down into the water, her reflection gazed up at her. The girl almost didn't recognize herself. Her fur was a mess, full of dirt and knots. The wounds on her neck and chest were still healing, becoming ugly scars. And her bright pink collar, her last physical link to her former life, was gone. Mere days in the wild were already starting to transform her into a feral beast.

Meeka remembered the days when she'd been frustrated with her parents. It had seemed to her like they were always trying to hold her back and stop her from having fun. "No Meeka! Bad dog!" They had scolded when she tried to eat out of the garbage. She had become so sick of brown pebbles, and the alluring scents wafting from the garbage were too powerful to resist. The wolfdog always thought her parents were selfish; eating all the good food themselves, and not even letting her eat the scraps. But after her first meal in the wild, a long dead half-eaten rabbit, suddenly dog food was looking a whole lot better.

A tear slid down her muzzle and dripped into the lake, distorting her reflection.
Messages In This Thread
And I Ran - by Meeka - October 29, 2014, 04:42 PM
RE: And I Ran - by Fang - October 29, 2014, 10:34 PM
RE: And I Ran - by Meeka - October 30, 2014, 05:50 PM
RE: And I Ran - by Fang - October 30, 2014, 08:10 PM
RE: And I Ran - by Meeka - October 31, 2014, 05:59 PM
RE: And I Ran - by Fang - October 31, 2014, 07:42 PM
RE: And I Ran - by Fang - October 31, 2014, 10:50 PM
RE: And I Ran - by Meeka - October 31, 2014, 10:35 PM
RE: And I Ran - by Meeka - November 01, 2014, 11:00 PM
RE: And I Ran - by Fang - November 01, 2014, 11:22 PM
RE: And I Ran - by Meeka - November 02, 2014, 11:30 AM