Kintla Flatlands Gone Fishin'
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
My pleasure! :D

The boy did not seem to notice her, but Kaihra did not take confidence in this. Confidence brought foolhardiness, and foolhardiness was something she could not afford in the presence of strangers. The dark woman made no movement toward or away from the river, instead lowering herself in place. The less chance the boy could see her, the better. She hoped to draw away when he began to busy himself again.

But if one thing brought more trouble than overconfidence, it was curiosity. And as much as Kaihra struggled to destroy her questioning nature, it surged as strong as ever. Her natural inclination to question held her now as she watched the boy overturn rocks and wood, only to withdraw with something in his mouth - she still stood at a healthy distance from him, and couldn't see what he carried so delicately in his jaws - and move to stand in the river, waiting in a held climax, as if something more was supposed to happen.

His actions perplexed the woman and she watched on, confused more than worried by the boy's strange antics. She considered he could be insane and she made a small movement away from where he stood. But she froze when he plunged his head into the water, sending river spray flying high into the air before he reemerged with a slick fish wriggling between his jaws. Her eyes lighted on the slippery creature and felt a gentle surprise at the boy's catch.

Kaihra would have lied if she said she wasn't impressed. She considered herself a decent fisher, but worked far better on land than in water. Intrigued by his tactics, and not entirely sure how he'd lured a trout to come so close, Kaihra waited to see if the boy would move again. But he remained by the rock, eyes simply boring into the fish he'd placed so proudly on the stone. She waited a moment longer before slipping from the tree cover into the visibility of the river bank. The lack of cover unnerved her and she retained her distance, studying him through a skeptical gaze. "Impressive catch."
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
Gone Fishin' - by Koda - October 28, 2014, 05:11 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Kaihra - October 31, 2014, 12:44 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Koda - October 31, 2014, 04:52 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Kaihra - October 31, 2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Koda - October 31, 2014, 10:18 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Kaihra - November 01, 2014, 03:20 PM
RE: Gone Fishin' - by Koda - November 01, 2014, 10:47 PM