The Heartwood i had seen the submarine.
563 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
This is all I keep thinking of here...
[Image: colors-of-the-wind-o.gif]

A smile curled across the woman's lips as the white wolf requested that she show him. It was not the first time she'd come across one so skeptical of her beliefs, nor would it be the last. But she had made believers before, so she felt perfectly comfortable as she gestured for this one to follow her back towards the trees.

Harlyn's gaze trailed across the trunks as they walked, searching for the perfect candidate to show the pale ghost of her ways. Finally, she stopped before a great giant of a tree--its trunk nearly the width of her entire body. Wordlessly, she pointed with her muzzle towards it before stepping up herself and pressing an ear to the cool bark. Echoed upon the tree was the sound of the tiny footsteps of insects. The sound of limbs, reaching high towards the sky, swaying in the wind and the rustle of the leaves that still clung to them. Somewhere in the high branches, birds were bouncing from limb to limb, collecting tiny twigs and leaves to line their nests with extra bedding for winter. Squirrels skittered across the same branches, collecting acorns and other seeds to fill up their own caches for the coming cold months.

Her eyes had closed as she listened, but opened then to look upon the skeptic, waiting for him to hear what it was she heard; The sounds of life and survival echoed upon the tree, telling of a healthy and thriving forest. To her, this was the heartbeat.
Messages In This Thread
i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - October 30, 2014, 06:45 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 07:20 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - October 30, 2014, 07:31 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 07:51 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - October 30, 2014, 08:07 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 08:15 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - October 30, 2014, 08:27 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 08:41 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - October 30, 2014, 08:55 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Kierkegaard - October 30, 2014, 09:14 PM
RE: i had seen the submarine. - by Harlyn - November 06, 2014, 09:06 AM