Swiftcurrent Creek Say something, I'm giving up on you.
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel

It took several days to complete the trip to Swiftcurrent Creek, and fear that her former mate would send messengers to retrieve her kept her from resting for too long. Shadow had been a loving, doting partner to her when they were alone together; what worried her was how quickly he could snap when someone went behind his back to wrong him. Paarthurnax had done just that. Instead of going to him with her issues, the need to be broken free of her troubles had forced her away without even a hint of her decision.

It was this that she felt great guilt for. She had loved him fiercely, defended him no matter Scimitar or Bazi's concerns, but in the end they'd been right. Shadow had hurt her in ways he might not know, and with her father's recent visit to press her into returning to Samarkand with him, she was tired of not having the space and freedom that she desired. Someone always seemed to want something of her; she was either too soft, or too cowardly, or simply not good enough. It was in Swiftcurrent Creek that Paarthurnax had truly felt like she belonged, so it was to there that she returned.

But not without a heavy heart. It felt wrong to keep her secret pregnancy from Shadow, who had as much right to their pups as she did. And to bring her unborn family right to Scimitar's doorstep despite having left the Creek months ago in favour of a life with Shadow, it was a great concern. And what of their previous, awkward encounter? Could he forgive her? Nervous, exhausted and drained completely, the bi-coloured Frostfur slumped heavily to the ground when she was mere feet from a fresh line of scent marks, and canted her muzzle skyward to request the presence of her former comrade before lowering her crown to prop her pale chin atop an outstretched forelimb.
Messages In This Thread
Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Paarthurnax - November 09, 2014, 09:56 AM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Scimitar - November 09, 2014, 10:06 AM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Paarthurnax - November 09, 2014, 01:02 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Scimitar - November 09, 2014, 02:15 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Paarthurnax - November 09, 2014, 03:23 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Scimitar - November 09, 2014, 03:39 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Paarthurnax - November 09, 2014, 04:09 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Scimitar - November 09, 2014, 04:59 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Paarthurnax - November 09, 2014, 05:58 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Scimitar - November 09, 2014, 06:13 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Paarthurnax - November 10, 2014, 06:43 AM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Scimitar - November 10, 2014, 07:46 AM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Paarthurnax - November 10, 2014, 01:04 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Scimitar - November 10, 2014, 01:39 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Paarthurnax - November 10, 2014, 01:59 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Scimitar - November 10, 2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Say something, I'm giving up on you. - by Paarthurnax - November 10, 2014, 02:29 PM