Swiftcurrent Creek Only hate the road when you're missing home.
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Paarthurnax couldn't dismiss the young male's obvious curiosity as he eyed her subtly swollen flanks, and she managed to smile a little with her heavy exhale in amusement. She blinked over a shoulder at the gentle curve of her side to briefly observe her body's most recent physical change, and could have sworn her heart was set aflutter. With all the drama and chaos that her disappearance from Noctisardor Bypass had attracted, Paar's attention had been mostly directed elsewhere; soon she would bring her children into the world and no matter what, she would see to it that they had the very best start in life.

"I suspect I have about five weeks to go," she announced, turning her head to look upon the features of her two-toned companion once again. He avoided her gaze, much the same way as she made an effort not to meet his, and so decided to remain entirely neutral. Rank was not something she had to flaunt around and, presently, she was in no position to be demanding submission from anybody. She was a burden and an outsider to several wolves of Swiftcurrent, no doubt, and had a lot of work to do to earn their trust.

He provided for her his unusual name, and the crimson healer pricked a lobe curiously. Paar dipped her muzzle politely. "I am Paarthurnax," she said, not offering her surname - they were pack-mates, and she did not wish to build such formal relationships with her fellow Creekers.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Only hate the road when you're missing home. - by Paarthurnax - November 12, 2014, 05:57 PM