Stavanger Bay The poison in my soul
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Wrap this up soon? :-)

Perhaps the relationship of the Viking and his converted Queen had not been perfect, certainly not smooth and without it's flaws but Thistle knew the heathen that she was marrying, just as he knew the spirit of fire that burned brighter than any sun within her. If there was a god that Thistle had ever resembled to him it was Frigga, Odinn's own wife. Queen of the Valkyries and Shieldmaidens. The whole mistake with Nerian had tested the very seams of their relationship but still their love for one another saw them through it. He had been mistaken with the Priestess, lured by the decadent temptation of her body and Christian ways, playing with Ragnar's natural curiosity only to run with her tail tucked at the real thought of children, never mind the fact that she had practically thrown herself at him during her first real heat season. It did not matter now. Nerian did no matter to him any longer, though Ragnar wondered if she had stolen Gyda away with her. Filled the young and secluded girl's mind with lies about the Norse culture. Others feared what they didn't understand, and while the Northmen were harsh and unforgiving, they were still capable of love, and sorrow, still bled like every one else, and they were still canines.

“He has tested me enough, all my life I have proven myself to him. That I am worthy of him and of Valhalla,” But of course it was never that easy with the Gods. “I think I need to make them alone.” This was between Odinn and Ragnar, and he really didn't wish to drag Thistle into it when he didn't need too. “The Gods smile on brave women, my mother used to tell me, so you do not have to worry about their favor.” Ragnar assured her. Ragnar stared grimly at the stretch of the ancient forest before him, understanding that his unwillingness to search for bodies further than his initial search might lose him favor. But he needed to worry about the living, not the dead. “The living concern me much more than the deceased.” He could not afford to waste the time and energy it would take to have a hunting party for either bodies or, if they were extremely lucky, to find them alive.

Messages In This Thread
The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 16, 2014, 01:45 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 16, 2014, 04:22 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 16, 2014, 08:37 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 17, 2014, 08:27 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 17, 2014, 12:09 PM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 21, 2014, 08:17 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 21, 2014, 08:52 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 23, 2014, 07:18 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 23, 2014, 07:37 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Ragnar - October 25, 2014, 08:28 AM
RE: The poison in my soul - by Thistle Cloud - October 25, 2014, 11:50 AM