Sea Lion Shores From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
Jinx admitted that she didn't know the proper name for these enormous creatures who threw themselves onto the shore and dragged sea lions back into the sea. "Blackfish," Pied muttered under her breath. She didn't know the difference between fish and mammals, so to her, this label seemed quite apt. Jinx's remark prompted her to wonder what they tasted like, yet Pied couldn't imagine trying to eat one of those sleekly magnificent beasts.

Jinx steered their conversation away from the marvel at hand and back to Atka. Pied struggled to tear her eyes away from the black fins and focus her attention on her pack mate's words. Only when the words when I left fell from Jinx's lips did Pied manage to fully and successfully shift her focus, the words triggering a bolt of anger which simmered quickly.

Her lips parted slightly, yet Pied pressed them together again, choosing not to comment. Jinx went on to mention her relationship with Hawkeye. Something about Jinx's surety irritated Pied; how did she know what was bothering Hawkeye and whether it was a loa, a god or something else entirely? Although she appreciated Jinx's ambition on some level—the Kesuk evidently wanted to prevent Hawkeye from being possessed by this disembodied voice—Pied felt almost... usurped, somehow.

"You know, I see the dead," she blurted rather softly and matter-of-factly. "You're not the only one who can help her or the only one who knows anything of the supernatural." Her head cocked. "I've seen a specter with Hawkeye before. It could just be him whispering to her, pretending to be Sos. He seemed to have a sick sense of humor, in fact." Pied didn't know that she necessarily believed this was the case, she just wanted Jinx to realize she wasn't the only paranormal authority on the matter.
Messages In This Thread
RE: From my mouth I could sing you another brick that I laid - by Pied - January 10, 2014, 10:49 AM