Swiftcurrent Creek Only hate the road when you're missing home.
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Her father had believed in Gods. Several of her siblings had too, but religion was not something that had been forced upon her while she was growing up. Much like her mother before her, Paarthurnax opted to believe in reality: she followed her instinct, and did not let anything else sway her. She focused on learning from her elder medic, not the teachings of her religious kin. If she had been born to a sire and dam of the same background, perhaps her outlook on life would have been very different, but Paar was thankful for Nita's wish to let her children seek and find their own paths rather than allowing even Xerxes to force his religion down their throats.

Throughout her relationship with Shadow, she'd opted to steer clear of bearing his traditions and beliefs. She expressed interest in those he followed, of course, for she was curious and wanted to respect his choices. Paar did not take his surname as he probably desired her to, deciding at once upon their official mate-ship that she would continue to call herself a Frostfur.

Nefarious' surprise in response to her comment regarding the dragons brought none to her, and she regarded the younger wolf with quiet contemplation. She knew that religion was a touchy subject for many, having faced awkwardness often among her former pack-mates in Samarkand, but she knew how to approach the situation gracefully. "Apologies," the crimson sandflower offered with a gentle smile, "I opt to believe in only what I can see. I meant no offense. But you are right - those are possibilities to consider."

Content to keep from delving deeper into rocky waters, the mother-to-be moved once more onto the topic of Nefarious' family's own ways of naming their pups. He said that his siblings had been named for notable relatives, something Paar herself had never quite understood - surely new life deserved a new name, not one borrowed from another? "Your given name? What might that be?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: Only hate the road when you're missing home. - by Paarthurnax - November 19, 2014, 04:18 PM