Blacktail Deer Plateau if i could, i would dare
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
OOC: @Peregrine
Edit: I give up 'cause remembering to tag is hard and tagging seems to hate edits. >:

IC: She moved swiftly, her pelt brightly illuminated under the light of the full moon, aiding in her secrecy; it was hard to pick her out against the snow from a higher vantage point. This suited Jinx perfectly, for she had every intent of skulking along Blacktail Deer Plateau's base until she located the path they used to reach the top. Should war ever spring up amidst the packs, Jinx would be sure that Akhlut and his associates knew the surest way to contain these wolves, until starvation forced them to cede their claim. To her, the only way to win a war was to win the land... All wolves knew that, or so Jinx thought.

Nevertheless, she abandoned her haughty arrogance at the fringe of Ravensblood. There, she held rank over all the wolves save her Alpha, and had full intentions of maintaining her position indefinitely, if only to keep Pied from getting too smart with her. In truth, Jinx cared little about the opinions of others in her pack, and would brutalize them all to come out on top. That she served Akhlut was simply a matter of convenience: unseating an Alpha among his subordinates, and coming out true victor, was infinitely harder than being the greatest of those subordinates, particularly when heathen wolves dismissed the old ways in favour of emotion.

Her eyes flashed as she ducked into the shadow of the Plateau, working her way on fleet paws around its northern edge in search of the footpath the wolves used to ascend its sheer walls. The height from there was likely spectacular, but even Jinx recognized its danger. A wolf could sit out a war up there and never need to worry about wolves coming from his back... But they were isolated there, with limited resources, and would eventually need to come down. These things she thought as she merged her shadow with the stony wall, pressing close so those up top would not notice her, devising strategies should Hawkeye ever sound the horns of war against Horizon Ridge (unlikely, but she could dream).
Messages In This Thread
if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 15, 2014, 11:52 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 16, 2014, 12:17 AM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 16, 2014, 10:33 AM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 16, 2014, 02:56 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 18, 2014, 11:21 AM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 18, 2014, 08:14 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 01:07 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 01:17 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 02:29 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 02:48 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 03:09 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 04:26 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 04:50 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 05:09 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 05:31 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 06:07 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 06:30 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 07:29 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Jinx - January 19, 2014, 08:24 PM
RE: if i could, i would dare - by Peregrine Redhawk - January 19, 2014, 08:37 PM