Big Salmon Lake i remember the make-up running down your face
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
umph my heart is torn

Finn had always been a runner.
Running seemed to be the only thing that was able to blur away the heavy sense of regret lying upon his shoulders. Should he have gone with her? Should he have at least asked her to reconsider? Their 'goodbye' hadn't even been a goodbye, since the only thing exchanged between them a long glance filled with dispair.
That's why he ran.
The feeling of the wind brushing over his skin was therapeutic somehow.
He had ran away from his home, from his feelings and from his fears, but no matter how fast he had tried to run he had not been able to outrun the disaster. The clock had beaten him now, leaving him to arrive awfully late to a scene he had been intended to be in long ago. I know I'm late he breathed, feeling the hardness of her eyes on him.

But it had not been only him who had kept quiet.
She hadn't said anything either -- not when he had took her shivering body out of the cave, or when she was about to leave. She could've told him she wanted him there in the Caldera with her, but she didn't just like he didn't tell her he wanted her to stay.
She had done just about as much as he had to let him know how she felt.

Yet he didn't care to point that out. Their lack of communications skills was not the issue he wanted to dicuss. Though he too sensed their conversation would not be an easy one, he still held on to the possibility that this would not be the last time they saw each other.

Just hear me out, please he barked, dipping his muzzle in awknowledgement of her higher rank. To be honest he wouldn't have blamed her for wanting to murder him -- he probably deserved it, but he also deserved a chance to be heard.

Then, with his lips parting slowly and his eyes beginning to glaze he began to stip himself of the armor he had wore for so long. He then stood there, completely exposed and vulnerable to her -- as he had always been. Finn did no longer want to live in a lie he didn't even believe.
He needed to be honest now, and she was his truth.
Messages In This Thread
i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 05, 2014, 08:18 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 07, 2014, 09:07 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 08, 2014, 01:50 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 08, 2014, 05:37 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 11, 2014, 07:01 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 13, 2014, 08:05 PM
RE: i remember the make-up running down your face - by Finn - December 18, 2014, 09:19 PM