Whitefish River i can see a dog, i can see a frog
4 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
<style type="text/css">q {font:13px Georgia; color:#618da1;}</style>The ground shifted suddenly underfoot as the bank rose into the base of what could only be a rise. The change was unexpected, and pain jolted through Chandra's paw as she placed it down too heavily for the distance it had to close. Wincing, she drew up short at this point, unwilling to go much further lest she step into a badger's burrow and harm herself beyond the point of recovery. She was new to her home, and wouldn't have the slightest idea who to go to for medical aid... Or how to reach them.

The sound of crunching snow was the only alert Chandra had to another's approach. Her ears thrust in the direction of the constant sound of approaching steps—crrrnchsqueak, crrrnchsqueak—but depth perception did not belong to ears. The sound could be carrying for miles, or it could be a hundred feet in front of her. The Ostrega stood rigidly, unable to locate the wolf or animal that was inevitably going to reach her... And though she stood defensively, she knew (and so would they) that she could not defend herself at all.

Galena's chuff confirmed the animal's type and location, prompting Chandra to shift into sloppy submission. Through instinct, she knew the lowering of her ears and the bending of her limbs to bring her closer to the earth was mandatory in the presence of higher ranked wolves, of which all wolves had always been... But to say hers was a graceful submission would be wrong. Her head was angled somewhere away from Galena, to her right or left but certainly not directed at her face, so that the subject of her submission was somewhat uncertain. Of course, Chandra was surrounded by the other wolf's scent, and could not have known that she never truly looked at them.

Hello, she greeted quietly, uncertain of the other's demands, but confident that if they had meant to attack her, they would have done so without the sound of greeting. She pressed closer to Galena suddenly, moving with slow and gentle steps until her forearm brushed lightly against... Well, some part of Galena. Here, Chandra stopped, unaware that her new companion was also in submission mode. All she knew was that Galena was warm—a good sign, she thought—and smelled of Chakra, the Neverwinter Forest Alpha.
<center><font style="font:9px Georgia; color:#aaa;">AVATAR BY HILLI (NANUQ)</font></center>
Messages In This Thread
i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by Poet III - January 10, 2014, 12:14 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 13, 2014, 11:01 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 15, 2014, 10:51 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 16, 2014, 05:50 PM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 17, 2014, 09:37 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by RIP Galena - January 18, 2014, 12:45 AM
RE: i can see a dog, i can see a frog - by ZC33 - January 20, 2014, 02:12 PM