Swiftcurrent Creek beckoning of the heart · claim thread
3 Posts
Ooc — Riven
I'm not sure how this will fit in with my other thread, but I really wanted to IC join as well. Can I say this is after my other thread? Not sure Sparrow would help solidify a claim unless she knew the wolf..

Sparrow knew nothing of gods; only of nature and instinct. She knew the brutish slap of cold wind, the whispers of falling snow as flakes nestled into her coat, the burn of thirst, and the ache of hunger. She could not continue to survive in the way she had, living like a pathetic coyote—eating carrion left over by bears and other predators, squabbling with crows as though they were her pack mates. It was an insult to her brethren. It was also a death sentence.

Flatlands would not have been her first choice of home, but wolves were clever and they would find a way to hide themselves if danger demanded it. There was plenty of water, to be sure, and Sparrow imagined that in the spring and summer the herds would pass close by. And, regardless of how rough or how pleasant their first encounter had been, Sparrow had felt a flicker of kinship with the she-wolf that would be her leader. Come what may, the yearling would prove herself worthy.

When Lethe's claim-song rose over the valley, Sparrow lifted her nose to the sky. Ears pressed against her head, eyes closing, a harmony worked its way up from deep within her chest. It came forth, soft and low in its beginning, to crescendo steadily until it intertwined with Lethe's own.
Messages In This Thread
beckoning of the heart · claim thread - by Lethe - January 26, 2014, 09:46 AM
RE: beckoning of the heart · claim thread - by Sparrow Wolf - January 26, 2014, 11:34 AM
RE: beckoning of the heart · claim thread - by RIP Njal - January 26, 2014, 02:57 PM
RE: beckoning of the heart · claim thread - by RIP Fox - January 27, 2014, 06:07 PM
RE: beckoning of the heart · claim thread - by Lethe - February 04, 2014, 01:08 PM