Sea Lion Shores Saw you there and I thought
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Charon seemed excited at the prospect of telling the weather, which in turn made Saena excited. When she was his age, she would've scoffed at the mention of watching the sky—how boring, she might've said—but now that she was older, she saw the value in it. It helped her Gamekeeping immensely to know when it might rain and when the deer and elk might go into hiding from an incoming storm. Of course, she had yet to accurately predict a storm, probably because they rarely happened in the winter.

"Well," she said, turning her head up to the sky and observing the clouds. It was a thin layer of high-flying cirrostratus, translucent and sheet-like. "I find it easiest to tell based on the clouds. Like those clouds," she pointed out, gesturing that Charon should look at them too, "mean humidity. It'll probably drizzle or lightly snow tomorrow if they hang around for the rest of the day." She wasn't always good at Naturalism, though. It was very possible that these clouds would be the exception to her usual predictions—they happened more than she would like to admit.

When Charon went on about his dream and then mentioned his mother, Saena felt her heart plummet a little. "I bet your mom wanted to tell you the stories, and that's why she called you outside to look at them in your dream, but maybe she just couldn't say them loud enough. I'm sure you'll know them, soon, maybe even sooner than I will!" she said, though who could truly know what someone's dream meant? Saena knew her "prophetic" dreams from her normal ones by the presence of the simorgh; maybe stars were the sign that Charon was having a "prophetic" dream, too. "My mom's with the stars, too," she said, although she didn't really believe that wolves went to the stars when they died.
Messages In This Thread
Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - December 28, 2014, 11:44 PM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Charon - December 29, 2014, 04:18 AM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - December 29, 2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Charon - December 29, 2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - January 02, 2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Charon - January 05, 2015, 04:40 PM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - January 12, 2015, 11:20 PM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Charon - January 13, 2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - January 18, 2015, 10:00 AM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Charon - January 19, 2015, 05:57 AM
RE: Saw you there and I thought - by Saēna - January 25, 2015, 03:07 PM