The Heartwood imperfection's glow
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Night had fallen, casting the Wilds into darkness— the tapestry of stars above cast an eerie glow across the land, the sliver of a moon offering only slightly more light. She found the stillness unsettling, perhaps because the sleepy world left her alone with her thoughts and feelings. It was worse out in the open, where no other creatures were awake and moving, and so she had turned north from the lake that had been her first distraction. The fact that north was further away from the caldera was only coincidence; it was simply the closest forest, a place that would provide shelter and keep her from feeling so exposed and alone. At least, that's what she told herself.

The rustle of nocturnal creatures that greeted her instantly put the yearling at ease, and she moved silently through the trees, simply absorbing her surroundings. Magpie pointedly avoided thinking about Fox and Peregrine; every time her mind wandered there, she felt a sick and panicked feeling in her stomach. She didn't like being wrong. She liked admitting to being wrong even less.

Her ears perked at a noise ahead; the sound of something larger than a raccoon moving rapidly through the brush. For a moment she considered going towards it— perhaps it was a wolf, someone she could talk to— but thought better of it and altered her course. It was unintentional, but it was the way that the other beast had gone. After a few minutes, Magpie stumbled upon the stranger's form, only a silhouette in the shadows. The heady scent of blood enveloped the space, and the yearling mumble— "Oh... sorry..."
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
imperfection's glow - by Echelon - January 22, 2015, 12:31 AM
RE: imperfection's glow - by OG Magpie - January 22, 2015, 11:18 PM
RE: imperfection's glow - by Echelon - January 23, 2015, 12:11 AM
RE: imperfection's glow - by OG Magpie - January 24, 2015, 10:13 PM
RE: imperfection's glow - by Echelon - January 26, 2015, 02:59 AM
RE: imperfection's glow - by OG Magpie - February 17, 2015, 08:19 PM
RE: imperfection's glow - by Echelon - February 19, 2015, 12:21 AM
RE: imperfection's glow - by OG Magpie - February 19, 2015, 11:25 PM
RE: imperfection's glow - by Echelon - March 02, 2015, 10:21 PM
RE: imperfection's glow - by OG Magpie - March 17, 2015, 12:43 PM
RE: imperfection's glow - by Echelon - March 17, 2015, 01:15 PM