Redhawk Caldera the old bridge is on fire and i’m the one to blame
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
She winced as the dark form of Peregrine stormed off, and for a moment she debated turning and running away (again)— she had Summer, after all, the dark boy with bright yellow eyes that had taken care of her when she had been held hostage by his pack. But perhaps that could come later, after she had explained everything to Fox, after Peregrine had calmed down enough to hear her apologies. Then she could leave, if that's what he still wanted— her return here wasn't an attempt to cause trouble, but rather smooth over past wrongs.

Fox dropped the haunch to urge the black-and-white girl to continue explaining, though Magpie missed the subtle change in the fiery woman's posture— not even realizing that she had grown fatter since the last they had seen each other. "My birth pack travels," she continued, explaining, "and I guess my father was from a pack near one of the rendezvous sites of the Corvidae. My mom— well, she and the rest of the pack aren't very traditional. She had a fling with him, and I guess when he came back to his senses, he realized that he already had a mate. He wanted to erase his mistake," Magpie said angrily. "But that wasn't mom's fault, or mine, or my littermates'. How could anyone do that?"

She sighed, but the question had evidently been rhetorical, for she barreled on in her monologue. "Anyway... I realized that Peregrine was a better dad to me than my actual dad, and I felt like I needed to come back here to apologize and tell him that. But now Peregrine must feel the same way my father does— maybe he should go off to Crestwood so they can both talk about how much they want to kill me."

So much for her teenage angst being gone.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
RE: the old bridge is on fire and i’m the one to blame - by OG Magpie - January 25, 2015, 06:04 PM