Redhawk Caldera the old bridge is on fire and i’m the one to blame
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Her body tensed in the silence that fell over the pair, one darkness and the other fire— but after several breaths, in which Magpie's heart felt like it might burst, in which she was calculating escape plans if Fox decided to give chase— the words that Fox expelled made the yearling laugh through her snot. "Our dad can suck a dick," she agreed, though somehow all of this still felt raw and painful and confusing as hell. Still, Magpie leaned into her sister's— her sister's!— embrace when Fox drew close, and loosed a shuddering breath that was half-sob and half a relieved exhale.

When they parted, Fox seemed to brush the chaos aside— she seemed to have a knack for that, something Magpie usually had, but this time was different. The yearling was experiencing information overload, and despite the fact that chaos and surprise seemed to rule her entire life, this particular chaos was difficult to swallow. "Fox," she said finally, slowly, "I think I need some time... to think. This is... a lot," this she struggled to get out, wincing like Fox would suddenly explode. All Magpie wanted was to run to Summer, to lean into his fur, to stare into his golden eyes— her Summer, her bright light in darkness.

"Is that okay?" she finally asked, wanting permission. Desperately needing it, for the last thing she wanted was to make matters worse by disappearing again. "I'll come back, I swear it— and maybe you'll have a chance to talk to Peregrine, to tell him..." she was rambling now, all disjointed, but her mind was still going a mile per minute. "And then when I come back, everything will be okay. Just a few days, I promise— I just... I just want to see someone. I need to tell him that I'm staying here... I have to," still, she kept going, working herself into a kind of panic.

"I'm going to be an aunt?!"
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
RE: the old bridge is on fire and i’m the one to blame - by OG Magpie - January 26, 2015, 12:09 AM