Rainy Season
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
For a moment Malachi wondered if he could do anything to cheer the girl's downtrodden mood. Nothing he said seemed to cheer her, and she still peered at him through eyes shadowed with despair he couldn't fix. So he offered her a simple shrug, in a way of excusing himself from offering further advice, if one could call it that.

But when Scarlett observed what he'd just considered, he felt a pang of offense at her words, though she meant none. So he wasn't the greatest with her, but did that make him less a man because of it? He shook the thought, and instead cracked his lips into a grin and laughed, coming back with, "Don't worry, I'm not looking." Because he wasn't.

She stood and he stepped aside, nose twitching at the strong scent again, but he tried to ignore it for her sake. "We all have our days." Though he was grateful that as a man he would never go through this himself, if this was a typical cycle for all women to enter. He imagined he would find out soon enough - with the dominance of females in the pack, perhaps he would grow used to dealing with women in these states - and maybe next time, he would check the air before approaching anyone sitting alone on a desolate cliff.

He let Scarlett pass with a wide girth. "Alright. See you some other time." The scent on the cliff made him nauseous, and he wouldn't be staying here. He'd search out a different peak, or maybe return to the forest altogether and take his leave to the plains around Duskfire instead.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
Rainy Season - by Scarlett - January 14, 2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Rainy Season - by Malachi - January 16, 2015, 11:30 PM
RE: Rainy Season - by Scarlett - January 17, 2015, 05:42 AM
RE: Rainy Season - by Malachi - January 17, 2015, 04:11 PM
RE: Rainy Season - by Scarlett - January 17, 2015, 06:53 PM
RE: Rainy Season - by Malachi - January 18, 2015, 12:10 PM
RE: Rainy Season - by Scarlett - January 18, 2015, 03:55 PM
RE: Rainy Season - by Malachi - January 22, 2015, 12:43 AM
RE: Rainy Season - by Scarlett - January 22, 2015, 11:51 AM