Ouroboros Spine Stop telling Lies about Me, and I'll Stop telling the Truth about You
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
There it was again, he thought. That strange, foreign word. Mordecai found it distracting, perhaps more than he should have. He considered for a moment ignoring the information given him to wave the title away, but ultimately thought better of it. Perhaps it was meant to be endearing, respectful. A trace of the heritage behind the yearling that he had no concept of. Either way, it seemed Lucius had quite a detailed understanding of where the herds were going. It bested Mordecai's ability by far, though the Ostrega was wont to admit it, even to himself.

"Good," he said, thankful that they did have their time to gather what they could. "Let's move on." He had exhausted his interest in what the herds were doing, and the borders were lengthy at their minimum. They deserved his attention, but they often took the majority of it. An ingrained behavior he had picked up without realizing it and one that had come from Jinx and the way she had kept them vigilant of their original claim. Though the Spine really had little to fear, at least in that moment, their sordid past had kept them beyond aware.

And it was tiresome. Leading Lucius on, Mordecai let silent lapse between them once again.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop telling Lies about Me, and I'll Stop telling the Truth about You - by Mordecai - February 08, 2015, 07:20 PM