Blacktail Deer Plateau I was left to my own devices (joining)
13 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Rhodri wasn't sure exactly what sort of reception he had expected from the Alpha, but he was surprised by his blunt words. His brow furrowed ever so slightly. Having come from such an open and welcoming pack, he had simply assumed that others ruled with the same nature as his parents. Chakra and Youmi would never have said to a stranger, "we don't need you" or "you're gonna need to run along."

There was no response from the yearling for a few beats as he considered his options. Did he really want to join a pack where he felt as though he wouldn't be valued, simply because he would be adding to the male population? He was skillful, but in an average sense of the word; there was nothing particularly outstanding about Rhodri Ostrega's abilities. He was an honest and hard worker, but he doubted that would be enough for this haughty Alpha.

The boy licked his lips, then responded carefully. "I can prove myself to be an asset to your pack. I have experience in hunting as well as storing and keeping food." He thought briefly of his father, the quartermaster, who had instructed him from an early age. "I am willing to dedicate myself to the good of the pack, but if you do not think there is a place for me here, I will move on." He would never admit this out loud -- especially not to the still-nameless male -- but the possibility of rejection was a blow to his spirit. The young and naive Rhodri had many hard lessons to learn about life outside of Sterrenvuur, and this was potentially the first.
Messages In This Thread
I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - January 31, 2014, 11:34 AM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 01, 2014, 10:35 AM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 03, 2014, 12:58 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 03, 2014, 07:22 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 04, 2014, 08:59 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 06, 2014, 08:36 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 06, 2014, 10:02 PM
RE: I was left to my own devices (joining) - by Rhodri - February 10, 2014, 08:08 PM