Redhawk Caldera wind in the willows
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Ignoring her sister's "I don't want to know," Fox replied without missing a beat. “A little like being nauseous for two turns of the moon.” That was really the worst of it. She had to eat smaller meals, and her belly had become tender to the touch, but for the most part, it wasn't bad at all. Besides, all the extra attention she was getting from her pack-mates was an added bonus. The real challenge would come when she was looking after a dozen little squirming bodies all trying their hardest to get into trouble.

“Now that,” Fox began, when Dove asked about Redhawk Caldera and Peregrine, “is a long story. But I’m always happy to spill the deets to a sister!” Settling onto her rump, Fox scratched at her ear before she began the tale.

“I joined a pack called Swiftcurrent Creek shortly after I left home. I met Perry pretty soon after that… when I peed on his pack’s borders. As you can imagine, he wasn’t terribly pleased. And he was already hitched to some other bitch.” But Fox wasn't about to go into detail with that part of Perry's life. “Anyway, the Alpha of Swiftcurrent drowned herself, and I became the new head honcho. Peregrine and I were frenemies, I guess. We happened to run into one another a few times, but it was nothing serious. Then one day he just blurts out that he’s going to leave his lady. I still don’t even know why he told me.” Probably because he was in the presence of an irresistably sexy lady.

“Neither one of us were going to leave our post, though. He was the Alpha of Blacktail Deer Plateau, and I was heading up the creek, still. Some shit went down a month or two later—that’s a whole other story—and Perry took me in as Beta of the plateau. We did the deed, and that pretty much sealed the deal.” Truth be told, Fox had done it for less than moral reasons. She'd owed him a debt, and that had been an easy way to pay it.

“Nobody at the plateau ever really took to me, though. I never felt like it was my home. I told Perry, and we found this place together.” And Fox had no intentions of ever leaving Redhawk Caldera. It, and the wolves who lived here, were everything to her.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Messages In This Thread
wind in the willows - by RIP Dove - February 11, 2015, 08:09 PM
RE: wind in the willows - by RIP Fox - February 12, 2015, 03:43 PM
RE: wind in the willows - by RIP Dove - February 13, 2015, 05:18 PM
RE: wind in the willows - by RIP Fox - February 14, 2015, 11:38 AM
RE: wind in the willows - by RIP Dove - February 14, 2015, 08:37 PM
RE: wind in the willows - by RIP Fox - February 17, 2015, 01:28 PM
RE: wind in the willows - by RIP Dove - February 17, 2015, 06:35 PM
RE: wind in the willows - by RIP Fox - February 17, 2015, 06:45 PM
RE: wind in the willows - by RIP Dove - February 17, 2015, 07:46 PM
RE: wind in the willows - by RIP Fox - February 17, 2015, 08:16 PM