Great Bear Wilderness since the darkness covered us
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Appears that I did, so thanks for catching that!

Her statement, however offhandedly, only furthered his thought that she had been jealous. But of what exactly, Mordecai did not entertain the thoughts of. He had never questioned why Harlyn had come along and more than likely never would. In the same vein, he would not dangle the fact that she had come along over Cara's head either. But the fact that she seemed insistent that Harlyn had been fond of him told him more than enough what she thought his plans were. And they could not have been anything further from the truth; Mordecai had never much thought into settling.

As that topic was laid to rest beneath so many others of their sordid past, his baiting became effective. He hadn't expected her interest to be captured so easily, instead of the belief she would have questioned him further about what it was he had done or where he had gone. What he intended to do. But now that her interest was obtained, their conversation would take a more neutral direction.

"It would appear a pack has taken up residence on Silvertip," he said, sparing but a moment to explain. "Normally I would have come from the path leading from there, but their borders contain a part of it. It piqued my interest, hence why I came here." If she knew about it, then he had wasted the time in a manner of speaking. Aside from his curiosity, that news was the only thing he had brought along. But other than the existence of that pack there, Mordecai knew nothing about it. Nothing of who led it or what they were like. Eventually he would find out, though.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
since the darkness covered us - by Mordecai - February 08, 2015, 09:29 PM
RE: since the darkness covered us - by Cara - February 11, 2015, 09:34 PM
RE: since the darkness covered us - by Mordecai - February 11, 2015, 10:25 PM
RE: since the darkness covered us - by Cara - February 15, 2015, 05:03 PM
RE: since the darkness covered us - by Mordecai - February 15, 2015, 05:22 PM
RE: since the darkness covered us - by Cara - February 17, 2015, 09:49 PM
RE: since the darkness covered us - by Mordecai - February 18, 2015, 02:02 AM
RE: since the darkness covered us - by Cara - March 02, 2015, 01:33 AM
RE: since the darkness covered us - by Mordecai - March 02, 2015, 02:37 PM
RE: since the darkness covered us - by Cara - March 09, 2015, 07:05 PM