Swiftcurrent Creek a baby sleeps in all our bones [join]
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
When Aethon spoke his piece, Jinx nearly laughed aloud at his impression of a child. It reminded her of her sister, who had spoken with that childish lisp for much, much too long in their youth. She had once thought Kaskae had had a speech impediment, but it had changed nearly overnight, so it had outruled her theory. Lethe seemed less amused by the child's antics, for her words reprimanded him. The Mambo glanced at her little prince in wonder; if she knew the kid at all, he was not wont to take kindly to her warning.

Attention went back to her, and she pressed her head into the ground, sighing as her body settled. "They are fools," she grit out into the dirt, "but I do not know why they didn't follow. I did not summon them to do so... And none of those wolves would dispute my contribution. Any who say otherwise would be sorely mistaken." She paused, huffing softly, before adding, "the one who would have aided me most strongly got herself attacked by an orca." Little did Jinx know Pied actually would have completely opposed her rule.

Lethe suggested she call for the shaman, and Jinx's frustration mounted to a level it had yet to reach in her life... The buttery lead bitch was toying with her, that much she believed. "I am not here to take the shaman back," she said through her teeth, irritated that Lethe could assume anything but appeasement from her posture. "He has told me the Gods came to you. I... Was wrong about you." Lethe had not, it seemed, forsaken her Gods. Maybe all along she was taken from Shearwater to, in some way, aid the whelps who claimed it... It had never entered her mind. "But," she added, deadly quiet, "you scorned me. I was an Adept. Claim Kaskae was inept and unworthy and I will agree, but I was an Adept." She did not wish to drudge up this shit again... But at her core was an insecure girl who had been stung by someone's lack of faith in her, and this part was suddenly laid bare for Lethe to see, raw as could be.
Messages In This Thread
a baby sleeps in all our bones [join] - by Jinx - February 03, 2014, 01:20 PM
RE: a baby sleeps in all our bones [join] - by Ira Nox - February 03, 2014, 03:09 PM
RE: a baby sleeps in all our bones [join] - by Lethe - February 04, 2014, 12:21 PM
RE: a baby sleeps in all our bones [join] - by Jinx - February 04, 2014, 03:03 PM
RE: a baby sleeps in all our bones [join] - by Ira Nox - February 05, 2014, 07:46 AM
RE: a baby sleeps in all our bones [join] - by Lethe - February 06, 2014, 12:29 PM
RE: a baby sleeps in all our bones [join] - by Jinx - February 06, 2014, 12:54 PM
RE: a baby sleeps in all our bones [join] - by Ira Nox - February 11, 2014, 07:48 AM
RE: a baby sleeps in all our bones [join] - by Lethe - February 22, 2014, 10:05 AM
RE: a baby sleeps in all our bones [join] - by Jinx - February 23, 2014, 09:35 AM