Firestone Hot Springs ashes against the grain
she painted fire across the skyline
60 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Sorry for ze wait!

Steam rose into the air around her, clouding her view of the surrounding landscape. It was uncomfortably warm, and breathing was more difficult with so much heat and moisture in the air. It was rumored that many came here for the soothing qualities of these hot springs, but Chakra couldn't understand what was so soothing about it. If anything, it made her feel lethargic and smothered. Shaking her fur to remove some of the fine droplets of moisture that had condensed at the tips of her guard hairs, she turned to leave and was suddenly startled by the appearance of a very large black wolf nearby.

It was unnerving that this stranger had been able to sneak up on her with seemingly little effort. But then again, it wasn't surprising. The damp, heavy air stifled any scents and weighted them down. The wind wouldn't carry them through this mist, and the gurgling waters nearby drowned out the faint sound of footfalls. Fortunately, the black she-wolf didn't seem to be a threat at the moment, so Chakra allowed herself to relax. A little. "I was just looking for signs of game. I'm pretty sure I've found a hot trail, but this steam makes it difficult to scent."
Messages In This Thread
ashes against the grain - by Chakra - January 29, 2014, 05:56 PM
RE: ashes against the grain - by Hawkeye - January 31, 2014, 11:53 AM
RE: ashes against the grain - by Chakra - February 06, 2014, 10:21 PM
RE: ashes against the grain - by Hawkeye - February 10, 2014, 04:24 PM