Ankyra Sound The Wanderer and the Water [Joining]
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
OOC: That works fine for me. Intruding on a strange pack's territory would be a deathwish. Reek may be a reckless little twat, but he's no idiot.

Reek darted under the water. The saline water burned his eyes and tasted foul, but despite the massive river's oddities, this had been the most fun he had had in ages. He quickly emerged from the water with a splash to take a quick gasp of air, and then he was back under again. This time, trying to take a bite out of a fish, but he had missed by a mile. He burst forth from the water and the salt cleared his nose; a strange new smell had piqued his interest.

No. No no no. How could he be so stupid? He wasn't alone, the howl must have alerted every wolf for miles of his location! He swore under his breath. Reek's mind was racing a mile a minute. Two hostile wolves were staring him down, hackles raised, and they clearly had the terrain to their advantage. He was boxed in.

The angle, what's the angle? How could he talk himself out? The tension could be cut with a knife at that very moment. Should he feign ignorance? No. Ignorance wouldn't get him this far. Should he make himself look tough? No. His size already betrays him, and he was already outnumbered, and outmatched. Then the gears began to turn... the lovable rogue. In his travels, Reek had created a new persona. Like an actor playing a roll. And the lovable rogue was his favorite to portray. Respectful, yet snarky and sarcastic. Playful, and a tinge of confidence. They had already seen him be the fool... this could be believable.

"Beautiful night for a swim!" He shouted over the water with a toothy grin, toward the two wolves on the shore. "I don't mean to impose upon you're territory, and I mean no harm. Trust me, I'll explain everything when I make it to dry land! I swear on my life. But bare with me," he continued. "It's going to be a rather long story."

And with that, he began his swim back to to the shore.
Messages In This Thread
The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Reek - February 23, 2015, 02:55 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Caiaphas - February 23, 2015, 07:20 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Wynter Wolf - February 23, 2015, 07:58 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Reek - February 23, 2015, 11:54 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Leucothoë - February 24, 2015, 09:57 AM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Caiaphas - February 24, 2015, 03:49 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Wynter Wolf - February 24, 2015, 04:04 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Reek - February 24, 2015, 07:51 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Leucothoë - February 25, 2015, 10:45 AM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Caiaphas - February 25, 2015, 02:35 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Wynter Wolf - February 25, 2015, 02:45 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Reek - February 25, 2015, 03:39 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Leucothoë - February 25, 2015, 04:32 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Caiaphas - February 25, 2015, 07:24 PM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Wynter Wolf - February 26, 2015, 10:51 AM
RE: The Wanderer and the Water [Joining] - by Reek - February 26, 2015, 02:13 PM