Horizon Ridge chasing the sun · pack meeting
now known as<br><strong>OBSIDIAN KESUK,</strong><bR>amnesiac
59 Posts
Ooc — Sophie
This is Round 3 and the final round of the pack meeting. It is a brief explanation of co-ranks, and then the joining ritual for @Kisu and @Pied . If either of you want something about the ritual changed, just let me know, I wasn't certain what to do with it without it being too much like a wedding, LOL. The meeting is then concluded by a pack howl to spread the news of Kisu and Pied's mateship far and wide.

Akhlut frowned as none of his wolves came forth with information, or questions; he supposed he was pleased they voiced no concerns, but nevertheless he felt more than a bit foolish as they all sat silently and waited for someone to say something. Hastily, he took over the reins again and steered them all in a different direction. "As you all begin to settle into the pack, it will be up to everyone to fill the caches, mark the borders, and generally keep busy, but some of you may find yourselves drawn to a particular calling. Those with a particular skill in hunting and tracking the herds may request the role of Gamekeeper. The Naturalist may predict the weather that could drive away prey and make good hunting hard to find. Wardens will guard the borders and keep things secure at home, while Warriors go on the offensive, when we need to fight for our home. Outriders leave the packlands to serve as ambassadors and to scout out the lands. Healers keep the pack healthy and whole in body, while Counselors keep it healthy and whole in mind and spirit. When we have pups or elders among us, the Caretaker will look after them and see that their needs are met. Seek me out once you've realized a particular calling, and arrangements will be made."

Akhlut turned his attention fully, then, to Kisu and Pied, whose morning this truly was and who, he hoped, would remember it fondly. He'd seen a few mateship ceremonies before, mostly in the Nereides tradition, and he knew his own meager words would fall short of anything either of his mothers could have composed. Yet he persevered and hoped that it would be adequate, for he hated to disappoint Pied, particularly, who had come to his pack seeking this mateship and had turned out to be a loyal follower. "With all pack business addressed, we look to Kisu and Pied, a couple who has found great care and fondness for each other in these past weeks." He didn't even sound dubious that a few weeks was enough time for their relationship to blossom; whether it was due to love or simply determination to make things work, Akhlut could see they were intent upon their mateship. "I thank you for your gifts to them this morning, and I hope that we may join them in celebration of the bond they will create this day."

Fittingly, the clouds that had been intermittently shading them from the sun's rays parted, and obligingly illuminated the Ridge in morning light. "By the Sea may they dwell and in the Light may they walk, today at Horizon Ridge I do bind Pied to Kisu, Kisu to Pied, in enduring mateship." Perhaps in a stereotypical fashion, he might say something about kissing the bride, but that was all too cliche, and so instead Akhlut lifted his head in a howl. Pied and Kisu would be bade by the message in his song to join the howl first, in acknowledgement and agreement that they would become mates this day. Then the rest of the pack might join in a chorus to usher in the day, and to celebrate Horizon Ridge's first mated pair.
Messages In This Thread
chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Akhlut - January 11, 2014, 08:23 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Pied - January 11, 2014, 10:00 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Jinx - January 12, 2014, 11:48 AM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Kisu - January 12, 2014, 04:40 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Tulok Kesuk - January 19, 2014, 06:57 AM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Pump - January 19, 2014, 02:59 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Cidra - January 20, 2014, 12:35 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Akhlut - January 30, 2014, 06:29 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Jinx - January 30, 2014, 07:11 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Pied - January 30, 2014, 09:06 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Pump - January 31, 2014, 03:39 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Akhlut - February 10, 2014, 09:48 AM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Jinx - February 10, 2014, 11:52 AM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Pied - February 10, 2014, 12:22 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Kisu - February 10, 2014, 04:41 PM
RE: chasing the sun · pack meeting - by Pump - February 12, 2014, 04:24 PM