Blacktail Deer Plateau PACK HUNT — Let nothing come between this and me
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I power played a bit toward the end. I hope no one minds. :)

The three larger wolves lay in wait. In Peregrine's case, his every muscle twitched with anticipation as he waited for Blue Willow and Ariston to play their part, pushing the herd toward the ambushers. He panted, shifting restlessly, his eyes, ears and nose all tuned to the finest pitch.

Finally, they came in a thunder of hooves and frantic bleats. Peregrine heard them before he saw them, though the deer quickly fled within visual range. He waited until just the right moment, then sprang out of the brush, launching himself at a doe that had veered in between himself and Hawkeye's position.

Go get her! his eyes said as the mated pair briefly made eye contact before they crashed into her from either side. Peregrine's jaws sank deep into the deer's shoulders and he went limp, his body weight dragging downward to slow her forward momentum. This would allow Hawkeye, Kuno and the others to overtake their prey and bring her down to the ground.
Messages In This Thread
RE: PACK HUNT — Let nothing come between this and me - by Peregrine Redhawk - February 10, 2014, 07:01 PM