Whitefish River Homegrown Honey
44 Posts
Ooc —
Well, I officially feel bad for Muirgen now.

When the comment about her watery eyes was made, an annoyed pout appeared across her face. She might try to act like an adult at times, but she was still very much a child. "Some dirt got in them," she stated defiantly, acting much more childish than she had before. It was clear she was speaking in a more playful manner, but that disappeared the second he started to laugh. Her voice when silent and all emotions slipped from her face, save for a trace of sorrow. The selkie wondered why he was laughing at her. She'd thought he was going to be a kind since he hadn't lied to her, but it appeared as if she was sadly mistaken. It made her eyes prickle with tears one again, but she refused to let them fall. Muirgen didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

As he spoke through his laughter, she could feel the unshed tears getting heavier in her eyes. "I did not hurt my head," she stated, doing her best to keep her inner sobs from being heard in her voice. "I am a selkie, I am a seal, I am not just some wolf, I come from the sea..." She rambled on with her words, trying to show the man he was wrong. By the end, however, the tears had started to slide down from her eyes, and her voice had started to crack. Muirgen didn't like that he doubted her, or that he thought she was messing with him. In that moment, she regretted leaving home entirely. At home, everyone was a selkie, and no one was there to harm her emotionally, as the grey man had. Everyone was kind, and if something ever happened to make anyone cry, someone would be there to comfort them. They were one big family, after all. Here, though, she didn't have that. She didn't have her parents, siblings, or anyone else to comfort her when she was sad, she was all alone. And, to make matters worse, she just had to have stumbled upon someone who was mean and uncaring about what he said to others. She wanted to go home.

"I am not crazy!" she protested, choking back a sob that tried to rack her petite form. "I am a seal, and I come from a family of seals! I am a selkie, I am not crazy..." Her words seemed to trail off at the end, leaving her with no sound leaving her mouth except for her quiet cries. Muirgen was ready to go home now. She told herself she had left home too early, that she wasn't yet strong enough to handle being on her own, and she believed herself.
Messages In This Thread
Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 04, 2015, 12:10 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 12:37 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 04, 2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 04, 2015, 07:13 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 11:58 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 05, 2015, 12:32 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Muirgen - March 05, 2015, 12:49 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 05, 2015, 02:20 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Muirgen - March 05, 2015, 02:54 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 05, 2015, 03:21 PM