Ravensblood Forest I Will Fall Asleep
44 Posts
Ooc —
The young selkie did not enjoy being corrected by the other. She had attempted to be fluid and not show her own beliefs entirely, but the other girl's words were able to show her that she did not have the same thought in mind. She is very thankful towards the grey wolf for being willing to lead her back to the ocean, but she could not stay silent when her beliefs were "corrected". They are a kind and generally peaceful bunch, the selkies, and especially Muirgen, but even she is unable to hold her tongue. With a gentle shake of her head, she opens her mouth in order to tell of the difference in their cultures, and in the way they each were raised up. "I will not ask of you to believe the sea a man, as my kind do, but I do ask you, please, not try to change how I see them." She is able to keep her voice as even and gentle as ever, and even went so far as to refer to the sea by a gender neutral term to avoid further disagreement. The sea would never not be a man when she glanced upon him, but she is willing to refer to him differently so as to not cause trouble between herself and her distant cousin of the sea.

A light laugh is able to leave her mouth as the girl mentioned having never heard of selkies before. To her, it seems as if not many have, but she is fine with that. It presented her with the opportunity to explain each time she met someone new. "Since arriving here, I've found no one has," Muirgen says, her face holding on tight to her smile in spite of the words spoken. To the first inquiry, her head tilts faintly, but enough to be noticeable. "I have never heard of a selkie losing their skin before," she tells her. "We take pride in how we care for our skins. Some have their's taken, though..." During her short life, she'd only ever witness one selkie from her rookery have their seal skin stolen from them. The sight had been a sad one, as she'd been forced to leave her true family, in order to wed the thief. "When one has their skin stolen, we must leave our families and marry the thief, even give them a family if they so desire. We can not leave unless our pelts are found and returned to us, but stories often tell of that taking quite some time." Speaking of such an event alone is enough to make any seal feel uneasy.
Messages In This Thread
I Will Fall Asleep - by Muirgen - March 06, 2015, 11:28 AM
RE: I Will Fall Asleep - by Leucothoë - March 06, 2015, 12:11 PM
RE: I Will Fall Asleep - by Muirgen - March 06, 2015, 12:50 PM
RE: I Will Fall Asleep - by Leucothoë - March 06, 2015, 01:03 PM
RE: I Will Fall Asleep - by Muirgen - March 06, 2015, 01:26 PM
RE: I Will Fall Asleep - by Leucothoë - March 06, 2015, 02:27 PM
RE: I Will Fall Asleep - by Muirgen - March 06, 2015, 06:05 PM
RE: I Will Fall Asleep - by Leucothoë - March 06, 2015, 06:18 PM
RE: I Will Fall Asleep - by Muirgen - March 06, 2015, 07:04 PM
RE: I Will Fall Asleep - by Leucothoë - March 06, 2015, 07:31 PM
RE: I Will Fall Asleep - by Muirgen - March 07, 2015, 12:08 AM