Redhawk Caldera days gone by
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Putting a bow on this, since it's dusty! Feel free to start another one for us if you'd like one. :)

Perhaps Crow was more willing to eat a crow because she didn't really look much like one aside from her coloration. She was black, but she lacked a beak, wings, and feathers. All of those things were essential to crows. Maybe if foxes didn't look so much like Fox, she wouldn't have a problem with it at all. Still, avoiding diseased creatures was a good idea, which meant that Crow at least had some kind of decent head on her shoulders.

"One, so far," Fox replied. She paused for a moment, then disappeared into the den, plopping Nightjar out in front of Crow. "This little guy is Nightjar. It’s some kind of bird, I think." The mother only left the wriggling child out for a small moment before she picked him back up and shuttled him into the darkness of the den. The children were no doubt anxious to greet the visitor, but Fox wasn't quite comfortable enough with Crow to allow it.

Returning to the mouth of the den, Fox explained the naming situation of the other two. "We also have a little red girl named Wildfire… although she looks more like a dhole to me. And the third one, a little black girl, hasn’t yet been named. It’s customary where I come from that children don’t get their names until the moon has made a three-quarter turn." Fox took a breather, realizing this was the most she'd talked about the kids since they'd been born. Usually, Peregrine was the one doing all the talking. She took it as a good sign.

The two continued talking for some time before the squalls of hungry children ushered Fox to say her goodbyes and go back into the den.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Messages In This Thread
days gone by - by RIP Fox - March 03, 2015, 11:29 AM
RE: days gone by - by Caprice - March 06, 2015, 12:52 AM
RE: days gone by - by RIP Fox - March 06, 2015, 01:33 PM
RE: days gone by - by Caprice - March 07, 2015, 06:46 PM
RE: days gone by - by RIP Fox - March 07, 2015, 06:58 PM
RE: days gone by - by Caprice - March 07, 2015, 07:42 PM
RE: days gone by - by RIP Fox - March 08, 2015, 06:03 PM
RE: days gone by - by Caprice - March 09, 2015, 12:46 AM
RE: days gone by - by RIP Fox - March 09, 2015, 05:59 PM