Honeyed Pasture Eight seconds left in overdrive
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason skittered excitedly along the ground next to her, paws pattering a rhythm, his mood immediately having picked up since Charon disappeared. He felt his cares melt away in light of Osprey’s fun-loving conversation. He was extremely pleased she approved of his name; it felt like he had received a 10g achievement for doing nothing.

“Water-waffle.” Mason spoke, trying out the name on his own lips. Then he tried saying it three times really fast: “Water-waffle wattle-waffler waffer-wartle!”   It was a cool tongue-twister and Mason giggled at his own massacre of the syllables. Mason caught his breath from his fit of amusement and grinned at WW, who was perhaps the nicest person he had ever met besides his family.

“So now we’ve got a code name, we need a secret mission?”
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey had a bit hard time fallowing the tongue-twister Mason seemed to enjoy, but she liked the last part - waffer wartle - that made even less sense and yet was even more original. Maybe... her code-name could change according to the situation? It would be cool, but... too complicated, therefore she put the idea aside. 

Logically the next step was deciding on a mission and, since Osprey was an expert in the game, she did not have to look far for options: "You can choose between - The Wondrous and Amazing mission in the Land of Living dead, The Couragous dragon-slaying and princess saving mission in the Kingdom of... Spurfish or The Super-cool and mega-secret mission in the land of Skyes."
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Whilst he enjoyed the idea of saving a damsel in distress, he still had his heart secretly set on Desna. Therefore he didn’t think he should be playing the field too much. Also, excited as he was, he guessed he would probably blanche a whiter shade of pale if he ever actually met one.

He dithered for a few seconds before confirming his choice with a high-pitched excitement: “The Super-cool and mega-secret mission in the land of Skyes!!!”

That one sounded the most fun to him. “Can we do it now?” He was aware the time was passing, but he really wanted to carry on and go on the adventure. Then he remembered they were supposed to be looking for treasure – was he getting ahead of himself? “Oops, or should be do the treasure hunt mission first?”
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Land of Skyes - an excellent choice," Osprey remarked and fell silent for a moment, drawing a mental sketch of the land that had not existed a moment before. As name implied, there were clouds, wrapping a... "... floating island," she said out loud looking up at the sky just in time to see a wall of gray clouds above them. 

"And just the right timing too. Do you see - it's almost here," she beckoned to the clouds, as if the piece of the flying earth was just above them. "What we need now to get there are wings. Or - in fact - anything that could take us up there. Do you have ideas, mhm?" she had quickly got in the mood of the game.

ooc: if you wish, we can fade this out in the next few posts and have a thread that is closer to present day. Or... we can continue it as long as we both wish. Aside from them becoming good friends, there aren't any other restriction in terms of timelines or plots. 
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
I’d love to have an up-to-date thread and we can fade this one out into an adventure after a couple of posts? Osprey’s a great character to read :3 I’ve started us a new one already, hope that’s okay! *eager* Although Mason is down in the dumps again unfortunately xD

Mason gazed at his black-draped grey friend with glee when she explained the adventure was to nothing other than a floating island!!!!! Mason gazed up at the clouds and nodded, his fluffy fur bouncing around his head as he noted the island’s solidification. “Yeah, wow it looks big! Wings like a bird? Hmm” Mason looked about them, but couldn’t see anything on the ground. Grass wouldn’t work, would it? What floated on the wind, which could lift them up? His childish view of how the wind worked was probably going to be a downfall here, but he was trying. “Oooh, I know, what about leaves? They float on the wind, so maybe if we get enough of them on a tree branch, we can hold it up and it will float us up?” Mason turned back to Osprey and waited. Even though he had only known her for a small handful of precious hours, he knew by now that her response would never be one of admonishment, only encouragement and gentle criticism.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: thank you and I like the idea!

"Wings and flying moss carpets ar the most commonly used attributes. Even though I once knew a warlock, who had a flying log," Osprey encouraged the boy to use his imagination by telling him that nothing was impossible. "It was hard to steer though... ended up losing some teeth because of some crash-landings. But he had spares... teeth I mean."

"Never tried leaves, but that is not a bad idea," she nodded in agreement, appeared to think for a while and then offered a suggestion of her own. "But they are a bit too much of individualists to gather for a team work. They might start off well, but begin to quarrel at some point and then... we would start to fall," she explained. "And, since I don't have spare teeth hidden somewhere... perhaps we could ask a tree to make us leaf-weight?" 
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason listened with attentiveness when she spoke. Her beautiful voice outlined the problems and also the intrigues of wolf-flight. Mason's mouth dropped open a fraction when she mentioned leaves were not team players - "OH Ye-" he began to butt in, but he stopped (with great difficulty) remembering his dad's inference on manners. He had noticed leaves flurrying about willy-nilly with no care for each other, so he knew exactly what she meant when she said they tended not to work as a team. He certainly didn't want to plummet to his death (even with a lady as nice as Osprey) simply because they had used the wrong flight-tool.

Osprey went on to pose a suggestion which Mason immediately gripped as if it had been his own idea. She was apparently causing him to revert back to his 5-month old self. This must be what it felt like to have a mother. "That's awesome, I think we need to make sure it's a big tree though, 'cause we're quite big compared with leaves... so if we pick a weakling tree it might not be able to make us light enough." And so Mason immediately began casting his fiery eyes around for a likely looking large tree. With gusto he spotted one in the distance, garbled some nonsense to her - "ThiswayIknow! It'llbesoooo-cool" and then ran like the wind towards the old, gently-waving vegetation.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That's a very wise suggestion," Osprey listened to Mason as solemnly as if she was discussing war tactics with a general. And the great thing was that she had managed to take his mind off the nasty encounter with Charon earlier and the kid opened up with every passing moment. She promised herself right now and then that she would continue the game as long as the kid wanted. It had all of a different value, if it made the other person happy. 

Osprey was near-sighted, therefore in the sea of trees she did not spot the one Mason had pointed out. She did not let it show though, she got to her feet and ran after the boy to find the Superman of a tree, who would help them reach the clouds and sky.

They spent the next hours, playing out their journey to the land of clouds and what danger they encountered there, what quests did they achieve, with Osprey entirely forgetting her five solid years in this world and playing like a puppy.