Frostfire Ridge She ain't going out like that
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Totally forgot the tag earlier omg.  *pings @Tezcacoatl*

She was ready.  Her path was known to her, at least the initial stages, and she had none here left to say goodbye to save one.  The one loose end that she now sought to tie off, and it was his scent she now tracked across the ridge.

She did not feel divided, but she did regret that her leaving coincided so unfortunately with that of the rest of the guard.  She did not enjoy their departure, but she understood it.  A lifetime of learning could not be unmade so quickly, and bowing to him would likely be beyond them forever.  She assumed this to be why, having no knowledge of Nochtli's views or reasoning. She hadn't seen the woman before she left, though she assumed Citali might go join her now.  They had formed a bond beyond that which they shared with her, unsurprising since she had been so distant during their stay here.  They would do well, she hoped.

She paused, sending up a moderate call that informed Tezca of her search for him.  They would share words and then she could depart, heading back to where she belonged.
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
:p

Citali had warned him that Manuia, too, was taking her leave but there was something in the Rekkr that fiercely wanted to believe opposite; until the Huntress' call rose into the air. It was a summons for him and as his ears cupped forth and twitched to the sides of his crown before slicking back to rest half mast atop his skull his heart began to sink. The part that had been sad to see Nochtli and Citali go had been selfish, for could he claim that he missed them? No. He didn't know them; not really, and he had no solid proof — and soon one one who actually remembered — to sort out which memories he had fabricated and which ones were real. Ragnar's lies were meshing with what little he'd been able to remember creating these falsities of memory; but he'd been desperate, he realized. Desperate to be their Tezcacoatl, felt the pressure they'd pressed upon him to remember when he had always known that there was a good chance he might not remember much, ever, or never fully regain what had been stolen from him. Calling them traitors had been his angry backlash at them, though admittedly he was still miffed that they'd left after he'd assumed they were going to stay. Perhaps they had never believed that he could actually make it happen, and there was a certain victory and pride to proving them wrong. Manauia's assumed departure, however, did cut him. She had been with him for so long, and had even stayed when he'd left the first time and now, she, was turning her back upon him.

Despite his reluctance to hear the words he assumed she was going to tell him, that Citali told him he would hear from her he made his way towards her, dutifully. He could not hide his disappointment, however, for there was a certain sting that pierced his chest as her silhouette first came into his view and then solidified into her familiar shape the closer he drew. “I suppose your answer to my offer is no, then?” He inquired with a bitter smile. “Citali told me you are leaving.” But if he couldn't change her mind then at the very least he took a small measure of comfort from the fact that she respected (or at least that was how he saw it even if he's dead wrong) him enough to say farewell.
he came and stole the wild
a crime so old as the sky and bone
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
This is gonna make me sadddd I can already tell wahhh

Manauia waited patiently as he approached, allowing him to speak first. Unlike her sisters, the huntress felt no anger towards him. Her ire had burned out a while ago, as well as any regret about the situation. She had decided, like him, that this was for the best. And once her mind was set, she knew it did little good to dwell on it.

Her ears twitched when he spoke bitterly of his offer and her obvious spurning, but she merely nodded. She hadn't expected him to be happy about her departure, though he truly must understand why she would leave. She had made it plain since the beginning this was not her home, and while she was fonder of him than any others she had run into out here, her place was in the Rise.

"I am. Someone must tell your mother of your intentions, and explain that it is best you do not return. She has been left waiting long enough." She frowned, and her tone softened. "You may not remember her, but I owe her everything. I can't turn my back on that."

Citali thought she returned to tell the Queen her son was dead... but the warrior would not tell that lie. A part of the prince she had grown protecting still resided within this male, and she (unlike the others) believed he could rule here. Just not over Amazons. Their culture had no place in the hands of a male, and she wouldn't ambassador such a thing, no matter how much she might respect him amongst his gender.
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
I knowwww. :c But yay for character development? :3

Tezcacoatl had known that Manauia had never considered the Teekon Wilds home, for she had spoken it numerous times to him, but he couldn't deny that part of him had hoped that she would begin to see it as such. He supposed it was a feat easier said than done. Odinn's Cove had never been his home living first as Ragnar's prisoner and then in his shadow. He had itched to get away and had found his way here, and had made it his home; though if the old saying was to believed 'home was where the heart was'. Perhaps that explained his inability to leave these lands, even knowing the truth though he didn't remember much but wisps — though what he did remember was tainted at best. He couldn't tell if it was real or false and now with Manauia leaving he would have no one to affirm or deny it. He supposed, though, it was better. He had taken to calling himself Tezcacoatl and he would stick with it only to keep from causing confusion within his dwindling ranks but perhaps the truth was that he would never be Tezcacoatl again; but he certiantly no longer felt like he was Týrr. He was unknown. Ragnar's false memories, and the ghost of who he once was. He had no name, and no true identity; not until he made one for himself, perhaps. Or maybe Tezcacoatl would “come back” but if he did, it would always merge with Tyrr. They would always be one: the creation and the ghost.

“I see,” Tezcacoatl responded, and then paused. “You don't think Nochtli or Citali would do that? It was their mission as much as it was yours,” Tezcacoatl knew it wouldn't work but he tried anyway, because he truly didn't want her to go. His want to keep her there with him was selfish and he knew it, but he'd came to know her. He understood. It was a similar concept with his unability to abandon Tuwawi. He owed Tuwawi much and just as Manauia could not turn her back on Quetzalcoatl, Tezcacoatl could not turn his back on Tuwawi. “I understand,” He voiced with a softened edge to his tone. “I will not ask you to disrespect Quetzalcoatl by turning your back on her,” She was a friend, even if he couldn't remember her from before. “Is there anything I can do for you? Anything you need before you depart?” He inquired, wondering why he couldn't have acted this way when Nochtli and Citali had departed. Perhaps if he had, things would be different.
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
yes! <3

If you had asked a few months ago if she cared about Tezca's precious feelings, she'd have laughed outright.  Now, though, his disappointment did cut a bit.  Not enough to matter, but enough to make her stand patiently and explain.  He deserved the benefit of a reason as to why she was leaving.  It wasn't necissarily personal, and she intended him to know that.

"They do not think they could find the way.  And even if they could, the message is not my main reason for returning."  This was spoken matter-of-factly, for she meant him to understand.  She would return home, and there she would remain.  She had stayed, had seen him to the founding of this place, and it would have to be enough.  

He said he understood and she nodded gratefully.  She would have left anyway, but having his approval made it better.  It felt less like an abandonment and more like a parting.  Despite her abrasive nature, she would not have liked to have left on bad terms.  "No, I'll be fine as is.  All I can ask is this - don't judge my sisters too harshly for their words. They haven't had as long as I have." She smiled slightly, remembering some of their early arguments. Doubtless he too could recall.
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
Tezcacoatl could feel the soft frown pull at the corner of his lips. He couldn't claim to be happy about her depature but he wouldn't stand in her way, either. What kind of friend would that make him (if one could consider the two of them 'friends')? More so what kind of man would that make him? Already, he'd proven time and time again that he was a poor one and whatever hatred and desperation that had been fueling the Rekkr had begun to burn itself out, to dissapate until there was nothing left but emptiness. Perhaps this ...all of it was a fool's errand; yet he would fight for it, tooth and nail. He had promised that he would give Tuwawi a better future than life had thrown at her thus far and he intended to see good to his promise even if it killed him. As a captain would sink with his ship, Tezcacoatl, too, would see Frostfire Ridge to it's end whether it was much sooner than he'd arrogantly anticipated, or if their luck took a turn for the better than it built itself it's own legacy and hung on past his creeping doubts.

He was silent, having nothing much to say in this situation. Manauia went to bat for her sisters and Tezcacoatl felt his frown twist into a scowl. He didn't intend it towards her, but towards the fact that she defended them. In a way, he understood and in a way he also saw it how he saw it. “They didn't give me much of a chance though, did they? Or at least that's how it seems. They tried to push me into becoming Tezcacoatl which ended up in a giant mess; neither of us wanted to hear what the other had to say.” He did not want to dwell upon it, and certiantly did not want to argue with her over it when he would see her what was likely to be for the last time.

“I'm sorry to see you go,” Tezcacoatl admitted shamelessly. “but I wish you speed and luck; and I hope that my mother will see you back to the Rise.” Tezcacoatl offered a slight twitch of his lips upwards thought the gesture did not reach his eyes. “Will you take care of her for me?” Perhaps it was a ignorant thing to ask of her, surely the Queen Amazon did not need anyone to take care of her. Still, he figured that even the most capiable Queen needed someone to keep her in line every now and then. He couldn't claim that he loved Quetzalcoatl for he did not remember much of her, but the knowledge that he had likely once loved her very much had driven him to speak the words even if it would earn him her scorn.
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She nodded, though more thoughtfully than in agreement. She did not know what had prompted Noctli and Citali's abrupt departures because she had not been there for the conversations leading up to them. She had no way of comprehending, and she had no interest in doing so either. They were gone, having chosen freely to leave, and that was that. Perhaps the arguments had taught him something, or them something, and perhaps not. That was their affair and not hers.

The thought of her taking care of the Queen was a laugh, but seeing as her judgement was so clouded in the affair with her son, not completely out of the realm of possibilities. She was a guard and soldier first and foremost, but she also wasn't afraid to give her input should she believe the Queen mistaken. "Always," she replied simply instead, appraising him once more before she departed for good. "I wish you luck as well, and strength in your reign here." As odd as the idea was, wolves bowing to him, she knew they would. The culture here would never be Amazonian, not truly, but that it would hold a hint of it did give her some pleasure. At least his pack would not be as savage as the others. Still strange, but not hopeless.

Wrap? :( who knows though, I may find a reason to have her stumble back through eventually ;> feel free to pp her as well if you want to finish it out, unless you want to try to get 10
the serpent king
281 Posts
Ooc —
I'll go ahead and have this archived. <3

Tezcacoatl drew in a deep breath and let it out in a slow exhale. It was as he reflected upon this, this exchange of words, this goodbye that he realized it was the first time he had to say goodbye to someone he had grown to care about. The first time that one left and sought him out to explain. He desires to see Nochtli and Citali stay within the Ridge had been purely selfish — no affection had been tied to that reasoning; and the hatred Tezcacoatl had felt for Ragnar Lodbrok had erased any affection he might have once harbored for the man. It had been hatred and vengence that had brought about the Viking's end and to this day Tezcacoatl could not make himself feel the remorse he perhaps should have felt for taking Ragnar's life. This was different. He didn't hate Manauia, and he wasn't killing her. She was choosing to leave, to return to his mother, to her origins. There was a sadness pooling like lead, weighing heavy in his chest, but he had to let her go.

“Thank you,” Tezcacoatl accepted when she agreed to look after Quetzalcoatl. Even if it'd been an empty gesture, he appreciated that she did not scoff at him for asking it. For a moment his tail twitched awkwardly behind him, unsure of what he was meant to do in this situation. “Goodbye, Manauia.” He murmured to her as he watched her turn and depart, her form fading into the distance. It was only when he could no longer see her that he turned and headed back into the heart of Frostfire Ridge, hoping that his mother would take her back into Coatl Rise's ranks after so long away. Tezcacoatl surmirsed that he would have to accept the affirmation that Quetzalcoatl would take her back if only because he had no way of realistically knowing, either way.