Hello? Anybody there?
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty nervously padded through the Fairspell Meadow as she headed to the Blackfeather Woods border. She wasn't the kind of wolf to fight and normally, she avoided confrontations with other wolves at any and all costs. She didn't like going into or near Pack territories, but other loner wolves had taken over her territory at the edge of the naaghai lowlands and she had been left with no choice. Her friend Reina had said that joining a pack was the best option for her. She could hunt and would have access to food, she wouldn't have to fight that much, and she'd be protected. Here goes nothing. she thought to herself as she stopped at the edge of the woods. "Hello? Is anybody there?" she called out nervously, her voice echoing into the dark forest. She gulped and continued, preparing herself in case any wolves tried to sneak up and attack her. "I've come to join your pack." She waited, seeing if there were any dark figures or silhouettes lurking in the shadows, ready to kill her.

Not hearing any response, Misty sighed and laid down by a tree while she waited for a patrol or something to come by. What was she doing, trying to join a pack? Why wasn't she staying with Reina? or Leo? They were the wolves she had befriended and had come to trust with her life. These pack wolves would probably think she was an intruder, which she technically was, and attack or kill her. All she wanted was to be safe, loved, and protected. Deep down, Misty was hoping that Pack life would give her that, but she just wasn't sure if she would be better off in a pack than fending for herself, away from other wolves who could hurt her, betray her like her family did. The she wolf was so lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice a dark figure approach her from the depths of the woods.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke didn't hear the female wolf at their borders because she didn't howl, and frankly the alpha male was rather busy. The Tornado that went around their territory still created a lot of damage to their home. The western flank was flooded with foul swamp waters. They dark forest had never experienced such a flood to Burke's knowledge. The wind had ripped holes into the canopy of dark leaves. It was saddening. Even the crow population seemed to have fled. The immense tank of a male wasn't going to get beaten down by weather though. The dark king worked hard to keep his pack running. So part of their lands were flooded. Black Feather Pack was also lucky since some deer downed in the bad weather or broke their legs on the slippy muddy grounds. Burke had killed three deer already, which were just waiting their deaths in the mud, and brought them to the infirmary for the pack to eat from. He did his best. He was grumpy towards outsiders but very caring towards his pack members.

The grey tank trotted forward. His docked tail held high, he lost his tail when he was only 6 months old. Not that Burke cared. His docked tail prevented him from being scared, ever. Burke figured because he wasn't capable of putting his tail between his legs that he couldn't reach that mental state of feeling 'fear'. Though, what he wouldn't admit was that he was pretty scared for the life of his dearest mate. Meldresi wasn't in their territory when the storm raged on. He feared the worst for his wifey, being all alone, and possibly being injured. That is how he stumbled upon the female waiting by their borders. He was on his patrol, trying to see if he could catch a scent of his Dark Queen. His pale blue eyes fell on the female, clearly not his mate. Instantly he raised his head and stump of a tail into dominant position. Yet, Burke was always calm. With a calm and assertive demeanor he stepped towards the young female. She wasn't that much older than his three spiderlings.

"What is your business here?," the male instantly asked. They weren't going to take in refugees from the storm. He only wanted hard workers. He had enough mouths to feed with six youngsters and around eight adults if not more. He wasn't counting. Burke was covered in mud since their territory was basically one muddy basin, and with all the rains. Burke as a heavy build male, and with his docked tail, it gave him even more of a square build. He looked like a robust tank.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty's ears perked at the sound of the approaching figure and she sat up, her gaze falling on the male wolf. She lowered a little in submission from instinct and well, fear of the big and stocky male. She guessed he was the Alpha of his pack, not just from his size but also from the way he held himself. "I've come to ask permission to join your pack." The male made her nervous, but if she wanted to have any chance of getting accepted into his pack, she needed to look strong and tough and not like a weak and helpless pup. She straightened herself and tried her best not to cower or whimper in fear. "I recently lost my territory to loners and I noticed that you don't have as many Hunters as you do mouths to feed. I humbly offer my services and loyalty and only ask for a home in return."

There was no way in the Astros that she was going to get accepted, especially by an Alpha like this. She'd most likely be run out and then she'd have to go back to running from loners, eating whatever she could on the run. Hopefully an alternative was going to stay with Reina or Leo and hope they didn't turn on her and force her out of their territories. Shaking her thoughts from her head, she looked down at the ground, silently waiting for the Alpha male's response to her offer/plea.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke could be mean to her right now and take her words as an offence. He could easily twist her words like 'he couldn't care for his pack even though they had more mouths to feed'. Yet, Burke saw something else in the girl. Because she happened to have knowledge about the member count of his pack. On top of that she also told him that he needed more hunters. Now the Dark King wasn't really interested in her ability to hunt but in her ability to sneak and spy. Black Feather Woods wasn't just a pack. They were the one pack that hosted the Dark Brotherhood. Burke was a Dark Brother, and his wife, also known as the priestess, was a Dark Sister. The Brotherhood was home to the most vicious assassins and the most skilful spies. Members of Black Feather woods were scanned and tested to see if they were allowed to try out the sacred training before being honoured with the title of Dark Brother/Sister.

His pale eyes studied her for a moment. There was no doubt that she was submissive to him. He wouldn't have to display much dominance to her as he was now. So Burke kept his chin high but let his raised shoulders relax. "How did you notice I have not enough hunters? What if I have enough hunters? How can you be sure?," he asked, a hint of curiosity in there. His pale eyes squinting for a moment. He had to ask. Burke didn't think that she would have trespassed into their territory, since she seemed respectful of the boundaries now. Maybe the young girl listened to their howls and knew how many adults they had. Though then he wondered how she knew about the new born pups. Maybe rumors traveled that fast about this dark pack. When Burke joined he had heard rumors about this evil priestess. Fun fact, he was mated to her now.
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty gulped. "I know from your pack's howling and I've watched your pack hunt from my old den in the mountain cliffs. I always catch more than enough prey for myself and I hate to see little pups starve. It reminds me of my own puppyhood." No. she shook that memory out of her head. She wasn't about to share her trauma-filled past with this stranger, even if he was the Alpha. She had to have some privacy. She didn't want pity from this pack, she just wanted friends she could trust and a home. Even though she was trying her best to pay attention to what the male was saying, her thoughts drifted back to when she was a pup, cowering and hiding from other lone wolves and stealing whatever scraps she could manage to keep. Her past hadn't been a safe or a very loving one, but that didn't mean she had to show her past through her personality and actions. Reina and Leo were the only true friends she had ever known and trusted. How could she have just walked away from that to seek a family from a group of strangers? How could she be sure they wouldn't just kill her after taking her into their camp? Was this risk really worth it? So many questions. Some would be answered right away, some in time, and others she would never learn the answers to. All Misty could hope for was acceptance and that they would always find her useful. "Your actions are the difference between family and death." Those were the last words her brother had said to her before dropping her off in the middle of nowhere all those months ago. "Here's hoping you were right, Connor." she muttered under her breath.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke found her story rather fascinating, did she have eyes like a hawk to see that far? The alpha male looked down at her, studying her features. The grey tank decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. "I do hope you know that this pack houses assassins and spies," he pointed out. "My mate is the dark priestess, and sometimes things are rough inside the pack. Not everyone gets along but in the end we are there for each other," he pointed out. He glanced at the youngster. He wondered how she could hunt so well in her own, each wolf had difficulties with that. For now. He could teach her and Ayana how to hunt, he was already giving Ayana lessons. 

"Even though we don't allow pack members to attack each other you will need to stay alert. On the other hand we just accepted two other new females, Ayana and Cyn, who are more more than capable of having friends," he assured. "I do want you to know that though. This is a very specific pack and if you aren't going to give your 100% then it can end badly for you," Burke spoke on his calm tone. He might have talked a bit of fear in the female but she seemed rather timid. Burke wanted warriors and ferocious females. But all could be trained. it actually gave him an idea. This.... girl was young so she could learn. "I am Burke, alpha of this pack. You haven't told me your name yet."
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
"My name is Misty." She said shyly. "And I may not be a good fighter, but I think I could handle being a spy. I did manage to learn a lot about your pack without you even noticing me." She shifted her paws nervously and curled her tail tighter around her frame. She wanted to do everything possible not to anger the Alpha or get on his bad side. After all, he was the one who decided whether she stayed in the pack or not. Whimpering and cowering in fear from other loners wasn't an option anymore. Not if she wanted to fit in with the other members of this pack.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at the timid female. He could work with her, make her look timid for others while she was just a spy trying to infiltrate. Burke suddenly though of something he could use her for and then curved his lips into a hint of a smile. "You could be a spy," he agreed. "I could offer you a home, but you will have to work hard. I might send you on missions to infiltrate other packs and then return to Black Feather Woods. Will you be loyal to us? Loyal to me as your alpha?," he asked. 

She could be perfect. With a bit of training and her timid nature he could send her to RHC and get accepted in their pack. She could give him direct information. Maybe he could do the same with Cyn and send her to another pack. But first. Burke had a plan for this Misty, and it could work. Burke slowly curled his lips in a cheshire cat smile. "You might be very useful to this pack, Misty. We could offer you a home."
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty nodded and straightened her frame. "I promise to be loyal to and give my life for you and the Blackfeather Woods Pack if necessary." Hopefully, she could make some friends in her new home, maybe even find love or a family. But, would she ever truly be accepted by the other wolves? Would she ever feel like she fit in? She was a loner at heart after all. But maybe, just maybe she could become a true pack wolf, like she was supposed to be. She relaxed a little and looked at the male. "So, do I call you Burke or Alpha?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Last post from me! Feel free to have one more reply on your end! <3

For Burke that promise was more than enough, and if the female didn't keep that promise then it would be her body that would be life less on the ground. It was very simple. Logic even. Burke looked at the female with his pale eyes. "You can call me, Burke. Most do. You will find that I am far more pleasant towards pack members than loners," he explained with a court nod. He always needed to make the switch from loner to pack wolf. 

"Welcome to this pack, Misty. I shall show you around," he offered, sounding already less cold. His posture was less dominant since they established that he was the leader. He was her leader now. He allowed her to pass and would show her around the territory that was claimed by BFW.
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty chuckled nervously. "Thanks." Remember to be cautious. Her mind kept saying over and over. Keep your distance from wolves that look like they want to be left alone, don't look too scared or nervous. Misty took a deep breath and followed Burke into the dark, eerie forest. How can younger wolves stand living in such a scary place? She thought to herself as they padded along a trail that looked like it was used often. I guess I'll have to get used to it. After all, I live here now.