the wild things
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
@Ohen@Scarlett Any BCV member can jump in, but I want Scarlett to come at some point. Ohen I'm doing a bit of PP on, please PM me if you want me to edit :) Set a day after the BWP

A cream colored pup shook wildly in a black wolf's jaws. When the storm came, someone had picked him up from behind and taken him. They had both camped out in a old badger den for shelter. Now it was a day after the storm, and the pair travled across the broken land.

Chevalier glanced up at Ohen with blue eyes filled with fear. He was afraid, but he knew this wolf would take him back to his family. To the comfort of warm darkness. But little did he know they were heading for a whole knew world.

The dark wolf stopped in front of the borders of BCV, glancing around. He placed the pup down on the earth, making Chev immediantly cry. He barley knew this wolf but he still had that small glow of hope. He waddled up by his front leg and chewed on his paw. He expected warm milk to come out, but there was nothing. He needed food and fast.
”the voices”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I am going to set this the day after BWP, after Scarlett and Raziel talked. So up to you if Chev has been laying there for more than a day. (poor soul) :P Plus I think it was Ohen's idea of just dropping him there, not being seen himself, but of course Ohen is welcome in this thread.

Scarlett just had her talk with Raziel, which was... quite the change. She had to slowly wrap her mind around the fact that the grey male had been loving her since the beginning! He had accepted Kove and seen how her husband wasn't really around. That thought still saddened her. Though, with Raziel she would get security and love. She wanted that. Scarlett needed that with her past. To give Raziel some more trust she would go out hunting for them instead of Raziel. Scarlett needed to move because the sudden exercise with the storm made her muscles cramp up. Kove or Raziel would have to fight out who was going to baby sit her young, if only it wasn't going to be too much of a fight.

Scarlett, as a game keeper, checked the local deer herd. But she couldn't find them. She watched how the normally lazy river was hurdling towards the forest and their previous den. Not good. Would their flock of deer fled the valley? She went to check on the boulder path. Scarlett waded to a shallow part of the river which normally came up to her toes, now it came up to her chest! Scarlett trotted up the boulder path, the only entrance to the valley. No scent was present of a deer. Though her hears perked up at a faint squeak. Instantly her mother instincts rushed forward, making the mother race forward even though he muscles were protesting. With her nose she quickly found the rained down bundle. "Oh my! Poor baby," she let and instantly started to lick him clean.

She looked up, for a moment, how did this young one get here? The rain had washed out all his scent, though there was a faint seen of a ... mouth? She couldn't identify a wolf by the scent of its mouth. Did someone... drop him here? Scarlett nudged the little ball. "Oh hush, little one. Are you hungry?," she whispered. This pup was around 3 weeks old! Maybe this wolf knew she was giving milk? Scarlett didn't hesitate and laid down, picking up the pup and placing him by a teat. "Don't worry I will give you a home. You will have a brother and sisters to snuggle against." If there was one wolf who was a sucker for babies it was Scarlett.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
The talk with Scarlett changed quite a lot of things, and he hoped that with time, the albino female would grow to accept the fact that they were mutually attracted to each other and embrace it. He hoped that she would have the courage to tell Kove that she did not want to be mates with him and that he was no longer her husband. He hoped that one day, Scarlett would stop being her timid and meek self and stand up for herself, for them. He loved her for who she was and would never, never in a million years change who she was to become the perfect woman he wanted. No, he simply wanted her to well...stand up for herself for once, nothing good would come from being an overly meek girl.

Raziel padded back to the den and checked on the kids for a moment before making his way towards the borders. Perhaps he should be a warden instead a warrior; he liked patrolling and didn't fight unless it was absolutely necessary. Besides, Bearclaw Valley was free from petty rivalries between packs (for now), and therefore the demand for wardens were higher than the demands for warriors. Also, wardens could technically double for warriors if it ever came to that, though Raziel hoped that that would never happen.

He found Scarlett's scent and with a boyish grin, began tracking her. He found her quick enough, and to say he was surprised would be an understatement. She was lying on the ground with an unknown pup suckling on her teat. What the fuck? Excuse his language, please, but what the hell was happening here? Raziel stalked forward with the grace of a feline, brows creasing as he noted the bundle of fur by Scarlett.

"It's not one of us," he commented, a fierce edge to his voice. "Surely you don't plan on taking care of it? I don't like the look of it. Someone clearly knew about this pack and purposely dumped the kid here because they knew that someone would take care of it. It smells fishy."
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Help had come for him. A white female came from the rocky entrance and settled next to him. He assumed that it was another wolf from his Pack coming to bring him back to his mother. "Bawoo, bawoo..." he whispered excitedly as he smelled the warm scent of milk. Instinct guided him over and he began to suckle on the teat. Maybe this was his mother! Her dark fur had changed, but she still had milk. It had to be her.

Just as he finished, another wolf had come. His voice was strong and loud, frightening him a little. So he used his epic (not really) climbing skills to crawl on top of the lighter one's back. He looked up at the other bigger one. He looked alot like the giant who grabbed his sister! Where was she now? "Mrrrrr!" It was an attempt to growl, but it wasn't as good as he planned.
”the voices”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett looked at Raziel who just approached her as the pup was drinking from her. He was really cute! Her red eyes fell on Raziel and then frowned. "Of course we are going to take care of him! He needs me," she returned to the grey alpha. Scarlett watched with a glint in her eyes as the young male climbed on top of him like Desna would. He would fit right in! Scarlett would make sure this little one would get healthy again. Who would leave such a young pup all alone. Scarlett reached for the little cub and licked him. "He looks like a mountain lion! I will call him Leo," she hummed and grabbed the pup by his scruff so she could carry him to the others.

Scarlett then eyed at Raziel and placed the young pup down. "I thought you would babysit my pups?," she frowned briefly. Maybe another pack member was with them. Scarlett had the little lion between her paws. He would be excellent for Xan to play with! Scarlett was utterly smitten with her new baby. She loved being a mother and she could provide the pup the milk he needed. He was a bit younger than her own pups but that wouldn't matter. Scarlett would take the pup right in! "This baby isn't an evil genius, Raz. Calm down. You don't trust anyone. I will take care of him, you don't have to worry about him."
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
When Scarlett frowned, Raziel scowled too. She might have been the pack Alpha once, and she might be the wolf he loved, but duty came first and he would need to make it clear that he would be the one that would make the final decisions around here. "We don't need to do anything," he said forcefully. "And in case you've forgotten. I'm the Alpha around here, and I'm the one that makes all the final decisions, not you." He didn't want to do this, but she seemed to have forgotten that he was the leader around here, not her. 

When the pup growled, Raziel growled back, though his was much more impressive. "You will call him nothing until I've decided what to do with him," he barked at her. "We do not have a lot of members, do you think I want to throw him away? I'm thinking of the pack as a whole now, instead of just you and the pup. The world is large, Scarlett. I have to think of everyone too! If every child had to live, then the world would be over fucking flowing now."

Raziel stalked forward, eyes blazing. With what? Even he did not know. "This child may not be an evil genius. But whoever dumped him here might be!" Now he was utterly exasperated. "Scarlett!" he said, near his breaking point now. "I know you can take care of him, I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about the future, like every good leader does. I'm thinking of the situation as a whole, thinking of everyone. Sometimes, sacrifices must be made. Not everyone lives, okay! Maybe he was destined to die!" Maybe that was a bit cruel...

He scowled. God, why did she have to make him so fucking annoyed! Seriously, with this going on, he would have a heart attack. Oh god, what if that happened again? Damn it. Before this all happened, his life was fine, now he was starting to get those again. Goddamn it, Scarlett! The stress you're giving me is making it worse! "Please, please, just let me analyse the situation first," he said, taking deep breaths, doing all he could to calm down.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
The bigger wolf overall won the growling contest, making the sandy pup stomp. He was supposed to be the best at that! It was just his thing. Built in his blood possibly.

Luckily Chevalier had know idea what the wolves were talking about. Otherwise he'd probably be scared to death. He had already dodged death before, now he was probably staring it in the face once more. But of course he didn't know that, so the boy just kept climbing around from boredom. It would be much better if he could speak more words.
”the voices”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett hated that Raziel used his alpha powers on her, it was unfair. Then she could as well use his love for her against him. Maybe she would do that just to get this pup home with her. They had more than enough resources, well, they had before the storm! "We are taking him in, Raziel!," she let out, she didn't want to argue over this. She just wanted to take him somewhere warm and make sure he was feeling alright. He would fit right in with her babies. She was still giving more than enough milk for Leo to be satisfied.

Scarlett watched Raziel as it almost looked like he was having a .. panic attack? Scarlett stepped forward, making the pup slide off her. She walked closer to him. "You are going to calm down," she spoke on a calm tone. "It is just a baby. I am not leaving him here to die. I would never let an innocent baby die," she spoke. "You are not going to stop me. I know you love Sesi and the other pups. So I am more than sure that you will love him too."

Scarlett then looked at him with a more serious expression. "Just do it for me. I'm the gamekeeper here and I will get enough food on the table for all of their mouths to be fed. Including yours." Scarlett wasn't bothered with less meat when she cared for Adlartok on her own most of the meat went to him. "We can do this... together," she spoke, nudging him. Scarlett then moved the the pup and grabbed him. She trotted over the border looking utterly smitten with her new baby to take care for.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
All's fair in love and war, Scarlett. As far as the Roman was concerned, using his Alpha powers was fair because what was the use of being the leader if you couldn't use the added benefits that came with him? Besides, it was the fact. He was the leader around here, so while Scarlett could advise him, she could not make any final decisions. That was the ancient wolf law that every wolf knew, for it was in their instinct, it was what they were. Everyone had a place in the pack hierarchy, and Raziel was currently at the top of the totem pole, so he was the one that made decisions, not her.

"I just told you," Raziel hissed through gritted teeth, ears beginning to flatten, indicating that she was crossing the line. There was a fine line between pleading and disrespect after all, and the usually cool headed Roman was growing angry and annoyed. "I make the decisions around here. Not. You." Could she just stop pushing her limits? Didn't she know what was good for her? Why the fuck did she have to be so stubborn for Jupiter's sake!

Raziel kept taking deep breaths as Scarlett walked closer, saying that he was going to calm down and that the kid was just a baby and that she could not leave her to die. "You. Don't. Order. Me. Around!" he snarled, fur bristling on his spine. Who was she to say that he would not stop her? "You don't know me at all! Don't you remember? You were always with Kove. So, don't claim that you know I won't stop you. Don't claim that you know me! Goddamn it, Scarlett!"

His claws dug so deeply into the earth that they left indents. "I only love a select few. And currently, not all the pups are on it." That was true, he hadn't been lying about that. He didn't really...love all of them in that sense, he didn't know why, perhaps it was because he didn't really know them that well and some were just so annoying. "I'll do everything for you, I'll even move mountains if I could but this, this is different! There's a limit, Scarlett. And you're growing close to it." He forced his fur to flatten once more. "I'm taking the pup so I can examine it. You can have him after I'm done." 

When she said that they could this together, he ran forward and picked up the pup before she could get it.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He did not like the fact that his climbing exploration had come to a stop. He made a tiny baby frowned and looked up to see the two wolves. What was going on here?

He decided that while they were talking, he would just have to go see his brother and sister himself. Before he could go however, he was grabbed by his mother. "Mlareg! " he grumbled, twisting around. He didn't like being picked up by the scruff. It really sucked.
”the voices”
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Last post from me! :3

Scarlett watched at Raziel grabbed Leo away from her to be 'examined'. Raziel better not hurt this baby. "Examine him? Why?," he questioned clearly upset that Raziel took the newborn from her. The pale female frowned and then looked away, she didn't dare to growl at him. "You better bring him back to me before he gets hungry and dies," she let out, feeling so rebellious for talking back to the male. Scarlett wished he stopped intervening with her life so much. They had more than enough resources to her believe, she was the gamekeeper here, and she was definitely going to check how much prey animals they had so she could prove to Raziel they had more than enough food.

For Scarlett's norms she was pretty pissed with the grey male. Height love her alright but if he loved her so dearly he could show more support to her character. She wasn't going to like being scolded for the things she liked to do. She was a caring wolf, she couldn't help it. And Raziel yelling at her like she was some stupid cow was something that made her feel bad about herself. Scarlett didn't want to feel bad about herself, she was doing a good job saving this baby. But No, Raziel had to be mean to her and even take the baby away for examination. What was he going to do to the little pup? "I am going to my other young. You carry him across the river then," she let out, slightly snappy.

- Scarlett exits -
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Scarlett questioned him, asking why he needed to examine the kid. He mumbled his answer through a mouthful of cream colored fur, "I just need to check if the kid's sick, malnourished or anything," he said calmly and simply nodded when she told him to bring this new kid back before he grew hungry and died. Like hell Raziel would do that; now that the kid was going to be one of them, he was going to treat him like one of their own. He wouldn't let Scarlett's litter starve, so he wasn't going to let this Leo starve either.

Raziel wasn't being mean to Scarlett, as she so eloquently put it. He was just doing his duty as the solo Alpha of Bearclaw Valley, sometimes, the leader had to be harsh for things to turn out well in the future, sometimes the leader had to make sacrifices for the good of his packmates. It wasn't his fault that Scarlett didn't understand that, it wasn't his fault that the albino girl was not made to be a leader and therefore would not understand. It wasn't his fault, was it?

He watched her walk away and sighed, his tail drooped sadly before he began making his way to his den.