Redhawk Caldera z-index
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Anybody I don't have a current thread with. Would love to see @Magpie @Ashton or even @Sebastian.

Redhawk Caldera had remained strong despite (or perhaps because of) all the tragedies that surrounded them. The familial pack had witnessed death of all varieties, intra-pack turmoil, and a multitude of other misfortunes that would have ripped weaker packs apart. But Redhawk was strong, Peregrine and Fox's family continued to thrive, and the promise of next year's pups was already on the horizon. Even though there was the occasional blip in their relationship, the king and queen of the caldera continued to love one another and work through whatever issues inevitably popped up.

There were wolves among them, though, that Fox needed to reconnect with. The first was Magpie. Even though she'd been around, Fox still felt like she hardly knew the girl. Her half-sister was a healer by trade, they shared a father, but beyond that... well, Fox didn't know a whole heckuva lot. Then there was the home-again Ashton, whom Fox hadn't seen in months. She'd heard he was here via Peregrine, but not much more than that. Sebastian was another wolf who had been scarce, though probably due to the injuries he had sustained in the north.

Considering all this, Fox let out a vague howl for company, hoping that by some chance one of those wolves might answer her.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
 I needed some threads with Seb! C:

Sebastian was slowly building his own road to recovery. The grey tank made sure to do his swimming every morning at the same time in the heart of the Caldera. It was good to gain back muscle that withered away while laying around recovering. It also lessened the pressure on his shoulder. Thanks to the swimming it was slowly getting stronger and as an added bonus his wounds were cleaned at the same time. Today was another day when Sebastian had his morning swim. It was the first day he wasn't too sore from his exercise. Sebastian was proud of his own body if that was even a possible thing.

The large male looked up when he heard a howl from his alpha female. A gentle smile turned on his lips because he was glad that it wasn't an emergency howl. Sebastian staggered to the female since she wasn't that far away from him. He might as well say hi to her. Sebastian was still clueless that, in the time he was in the North, his father had dropped by. With the storm and his injuries there just hadn't been an opportunity, not that Sebastian had a clue about that. He was just very pleased he became a healer in the time being. "Hello Fox!," he greeted, looking rather happy compared to the other times the female saw him.
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Magpie was nearing a point where she would be a member of the caldera for over half her life (or so Emalee guesses, because she's currently too busy to calculate that)— but she still lived as a black sheep, on the outskirts. She fulfilled her duties, but she had yet to really connect with anyone in the pack. It was odd for her, being such a social extrovert. She wasn't much for self analysis, but she assumed it had a lot to do with her dramatic beginning as a Redhawk; though her relationship with him wasn't as tumultuous as it once was, Peregrine was still like a dark cloud in her mind.

She was holding herself back for fear of screwing up again. But the lack of connection was draining, as was the suffocating routine. The storm, terrifying as it was, had been a break in the monotony. In an odd way, it reinvigorated her. Perhaps it was the catalyst for change that she had needed.

When her sister's summoning cry came, Magpie immediately ceased fussing over the herbs in her den and set off towards the sound's source, offering a brief howl in answer. Shortly after, she met the red form of her half sister and the dark form of Sebastian, the grey male she had worked to heal— after a quick bump under the Alpha's jaw and a nod to the male, the yearling settled onto her haunches a few steps away. "What's up, sis?"
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Yay, people wolves!

Sebastian arrived first, and Fox greeted him with a friendly bump to his chin with her own muzzle. He already looked a ton better than he had the last time she'd seen him, and she was certain he'd make a quick recovery with such a good support network around him. Besides, Magpie had been helping tend to his wounds, and she did seem capable of doing such things. It was nice to have a healer around, even if Fox thought their work was some kind of trickery past cleaning wounds. "Good to see you're not wasting any time getting better," she said, a smile lighting up her face.

Magpie arrived shortly after her pack-mate, and Fox greeted her much the same. A bump on the chin, a wag of the tail, that sort of thing. "Nothing in particular," Fox replied cheerily, "I was just hoping for some company that wasn't nagging children." That, of course, was a joke. Fox loved her children through-and-through, and she honestly didn't mind their occasional nagging.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian returned a nudge to the alpha female and then raised his head proudly. "Yes! I've been swimming each morning," he returned. "I'm bad at sitting around doing nothing." Which was the most definitely truth. He had been fidgeting a lot while being in the infirmary. But the grey male was making a good recovery thanks to his packmates. Magpie had been helping a lot, but the others too with hunting for him. Sebastian was very grateful and he wanted to return the favour of helping out. He had taken the first step by helping his pack with becoming a healer.

Then Magpie joined and Sebastian greeted her with a friendly nudge and a big wet lick over her cheek. She had done a good job looking over him after all. "Hey Mags," he grinned. Sebastian chuckled at Fox and her want for adults around them. Sebastian often wondered if he was even allowed to be called an adult because sometimes he still felt like a teenager. "Well here we are. Did anything fun happen while I was in the North and stuck in the infirmary?"

@Fox maybe we can skip @Magpie's turn? It has been almost a month now!
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
*flexes atrophied writing muscles* Gonna PP Magpie a bit. Nothing serious. If you'd rather fade this out, lemme know. I know it's bordering on ancient at this point.

"Oh, nothing in particular," Fox replied. Truth be told, she was shit at remembering much of anything. Half the time she forgot how old the kids were, what they were up to, or even what they wanted to do in life. Hell, she had been known to forget names, major events, and other bits of information that was supposed to be incredibly important.

"You find any lady friends while you were out and about before?" she asked Sebastian. It seemed to be something that was often on his mind, and she wondered if he'd made any progress in that department. Fox also gave Magpie a lingering look, wondering if her sister would be interested. Sebastian wouldn't have been a bad catch at all.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Yeah it is pretty ancient xD

Sebastian was happy to hear that there was nothing worth mentioning, what he didn't know as that technically his rather did drop by. But it seemed that minor that Fox had already forgotten it. The big male settled down and perked up his ears at the red female's question. He instantly felt a bit flustered because the reason he went north was technically to see a female. He casted his pale eyes down. "Nah. I'm not so good with them or something," he spoke and shrugged a bit defeatedly. 

"First I liked Tiger, you know. But then.. she died. And, then I kinda liked or saw something in another girl. She came to tell about Tiger's death, Notchli she was named. And when I went to see her in the north, I ran into Saena and she almost killed me. Then... On my way back a female traveled with me, Andalusia. But she was... not really into me either. She freaked out one morning when she realized she was laying next to me," Sebastian let out, looking a bit hurt. "I'm probably too big or something." He really wanted a female but, they didn't really seem into him. Sebastian wasn't seeing himself as a catch.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Sebastian went on to explain that he wasn't good with ladies. Not only that, but he gave Fox and Magpie his entire relationship history… which was a bit overwhelming, to say the least. Not that Fox was offended, just mildly bored of such topics once they got to a certain point. "Too big" could have been taken as an innuendo comment, but Fox held her tongue.

"I’m sure you’ll find somebody," Fox assured him. It was only a matter of time, and there were plenty of wolves in the wild. "For what it’s worth, I’m glad you’re around." Fox recalled a time when he had wanted to leave, shortly after arriving in the caldera. She was fairly certain that she'd been the one to convince him to stay.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded. If Fox believed in such a thing, well then he would believe in it too. He would just need to wait for a female to arrive and see how much they clicked together. He didn't realize his whole history might be too much for the alpha female to hear from him. "Thanks. I will work hard on my shoulder being better," he assured her and smiled. He looked at magpie and then to fox. They were two ladies and he found talking to them less awkward maybe it was just him that was being weird around the ladies. Who knows.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Last one from me. :)

Feeling the natural end of their little chat, Fox motioned to Magpie. "You two want to join me on a quick run around the ol' borders?" she asked. Magpie seemed up for it, at least, and Fox had a pretty good feeling that Sebastian wouldn't outright refuse her. Not that he was required to come along, of course! Though she did not know it yet, both Magpie and Sebastian would depart Redhawk Caldera in the coming months for reasons of their own. At least it would be on good terms.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
I will archive!

Sebastian looked at Fox when she suggested to have a run. He was still with his shoulder, but he wished that he could run and help her out. The male looked troubled for a moment and then shook his head. "I have to pass. I'm sorry. I can't overwork my shoulder," he spoke, a bit of shame in his voice. He placed his head down on his paws and turned more towards his good shoulder to have a rest. He would let Fox and Magpie, if she wanted, go to the borders.