The Outskirts
19 Posts
Ooc — June
[ @Scarlett @all are welcome ]
Eyes alert and muscles tensed Azaria carefully edged around what was obviously pack territory.
She'd noticed that the valley was surrounded by a crescent moon of stone embedded in the earth that only allowed for one entrance to the territory.Her nose constantly twitched as scents of other fauna and wolves pulled at her though she remained on the outer portion of the valley.The land was low and sloped nicely to offer her paws a pleasant respite from such a long trek across the rugged terrain.This land was warm and therefore still strange to her though she had long since left behind the frozen clutches of her homeland.It was odd shift of setting but not an unwelcome one and she had traveled over far too much warm country to voice complaint now.
The faint sound of a brittle twig breaking underpaw drew her attention and her ears swiveled around towards the source of the noise.
"Hello?"
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett was out to hunt for her babies. Now that they weren't drinking milk anymore she was on the content hunt for meat, she didn't want to eat all the pack's caches, as a gamekeeper she wanted to hunt. It would give her some exercise, which also would help her get rid of her tummy that wasn't in the normal shape as it was before. It probably wouldn't go back to how it was before, Scarlett realized that. Plus she still had Leo that was nursing, the pup they found.

Scarlett trotted past the border path when she realized that she hadn't done much of her Beta duties. Ever since she stepped down from being the alpha she had been neglecting pack duties, like checking the borders. It wouldn't hurt if she would mark them too, just on the upper part of the slope. She didn't have any regrets of not doing her duties she had babies after all. Once she came closer she realized that there was a wolf on their doorstep. Scarlett squinted her blood red eyes. Not sure if she was a friend or a foe.

Slowly the female got closer, the female had sensed her. Scarlett came from behind a boulder being as graceful as ever. Scarlett was a kind female, she wasn't protecting the borders often since she was simply too kind. Raziel was better at that, and being the alpha too. Scarlett smiled gently at the white female before her. "Hello," she greeted. "I hope you know you are very close to crossing our pack border," she explained, still sounding surprisingly kind.
19 Posts
Ooc — June
(July 30, 2015, 02:20 PM)Scarlett Wrote: Scarlett was out to hunt for her babies. Now that they weren't drinking milk anymore she was on the content hunt for meat, she didn't want to eat all the pack's caches, as a gamekeeper she wanted to hunt. It would give her some exercise, which also would help her get rid of her tummy that wasn't in the normal shape as it was before. It probably wouldn't go back to how it was before, Scarlett realized that. Plus she still had Leo that was nursing, the pup they found.

Scarlett trotted past the border path when she realized that she hadn't done much of her Beta duties. Ever since she stepped down from being the alpha she had been neglecting pack duties, like checking the borders. It wouldn't hurt if she would mark them too, just on the upper part of the slope. She didn't have any regrets of not doing her duties she had babies after all. Once she came closer she realized that there was a wolf on their doorstep. Scarlett squinted her blood red eyes. Not sure if she was a friend or a foe.

Slowly the female got closer, the female had sensed her. Scarlett came from behind a boulder being as graceful as ever. Scarlett was a kind female, she wasn't protecting the borders often since she was simply too kind. Raziel was better at that, and being the alpha too. Scarlett smiled gently at the white female before her. "Hello," she greeted. "I hope you know you are very close to crossing our pack border," she explained, still sounding surprisingly kind.
The lithe wolf that entered Azaria's line of sight did not seem unkind though she had full right to chase away or attack any intruder.Instead she spoke a simply warning that did not strike her as threatening though she was sure such a demeanor could change quickly if she chose to see the foreigner as a threat.
The fact that she did not though offered the wanderer an incredible sense of comfort and solace.The last thing she wanted was a fight and it seemed,fortunately,that this female wasn't going to give her one.
She'd encountered many wolves that would attack her even beyond their territories and so the wolf had learned to be wary of such choleric individuals.The land spoke of sanctuary though and seemed rather serene with it's curling stone chain sheltering it from the elements.The lone wolf would very much like to make a second home out of such a place but the lush valley seemed intangible.
"yes,I thought so,"the arctic creature spoke in a similarly humane tone,"I'm sorry if I've disturbed your pack with my presence here but your valley is a very lovely place and I truly mean you no harm.My name is Azaria and I've been wandering for so long that I seem to have lost my place.Can you please tell me what territory I've stumbled into now?"
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett smiled kindly when the other female spoke. They seemed kindred spirits with the same nature. "You have not disturbed us really. Plus you have not stepped over the border so you haven't made any offense to us," the mother assured. She wasn't a fan of making other wolves fear her, sometimes it could deb handy yes, but it wasn't Scarlett's style.

"Thank you, the valley is very lovely," she returned. "We are very happy here. Our pack name is Bearclaw Valley. I'm the Beta Female of this pack." Scarlett worried for a moment because she wanted to offer the female a home but she didn't want Raziel to be upset with her again. She already had taken in Leo without his consent. "If you want to join I can howl for the Alpha of Bearclaw. We are open for new members to join us," Scarlett returned to her. Her red eyes looking kindly at her.
19 Posts
Ooc — June
(July 30, 2015, 03:14 PM)Scarlett Wrote: Scarlett smiled kindly when the other female spoke. They seemed kindred spirits with the same nature. "You have not disturbed us really. Plus you have not stepped over the border so you haven't made any offense to us," the mother assured. She wasn't a fan of making other wolves fear her, sometimes it could deb handy yes, but it wasn't Scarlett's style.

"Thank you, the valley is very lovely," she returned. "We are very happy here. Our pack name is Bearclaw Valley. I'm the Beta Female of this pack." Scarlett worried for a moment because she wanted to offer the female a home but she didn't want Raziel to be upset with her again. She already had taken in Leo without his consent. "If you want to join I can howl for the Alpha of Bearclaw. We are open for new members to join us," Scarlett returned to her. Her red eyes looking kindly at her.
Such a red as the tint to her eyes could often be seen as an intimidating and almost eerie shade of piercing scarlet but somehow this wolf merely seemed to harbor a glowing warmth in her gaze.Her pelt was pale like her own though Aza did not sense her to be of arctic blood.This Beta seemed to hold characteristics of a higher rank from the way she carried herself but Aza would be all to grateful to be accepted by the Alpha.
The wolf was immensely relieved to find that she had not disturbed the resident pack and it soon became a struggle to keep from showing her obvious delight at the notion of taking up residency in such a place.Her tail attempted to wag but Aza stilled it for the sake of not getting her hopes up enough to be vulnerable.Even if only half the members were as kind as this one,she was sure it would be a wonderful pack to be a part of.To be happily part of a whole again would be fantastic to say the least.
"I would appreciate it more then I can say,but I don't believe I caught your name."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett saw the hint of a wag from the other female and smiled at it. It was clear that the female was in need of a home and Scarlett would more than offer it too her. But there were questions that needed to be asked. "Oh I'm sorry! See I am not used to doing this," she chuckled. "I recently had a litter so I've been out of it all," she admitted. In fact she had stepped down to the Beta position because she wanted to have more time for the babies. Scarlett didn't really see herself as a upper ranked wolf, maybe that was her key feature that she wasn't vain or poised to act better than another wolf.

"I'm Scarlett. What is your name?," she asked that kind smile she had before. Scarlett then decided that she would howl for Raziel. She wanted to introduce him too, but she didn't know how to introduce him. They were were kinda together now, right? Though Scarlett wasn't sure if she was ready to call Raziel her boyfriend or future mate yet. She still needed to talk to Kove about this all. "I will howl to Raziel, the alpha, so you can be accepted and we can give you a nice home." Scarlett threw her head back and howled for @Raziel.
19 Posts
Ooc — June
(July 30, 2015, 04:39 PM)Scarlett Wrote: Scarlett saw the hint of a wag from the other female and smiled at it. It was clear that the female was in need of a home and Scarlett would more than offer it too her. But there were questions that needed to be asked. "Oh I'm sorry! See I am not used to doing this," she chuckled. "I recently had a litter so I've been out of it all," she admitted. In fact she had stepped down to the Beta position because she wanted to have more time for the babies. Scarlett didn't really see herself as a upper ranked wolf, maybe that was her key feature that she wasn't vain or poised to act better than another wolf.

"I'm Scarlett. What is your name?," she asked that kind smile she had before. Scarlett then decided that she would howl for Raziel. She wanted to introduce him too, but she didn't know how to introduce him. They were were kinda together now, right? Though Scarlett wasn't sure if she was ready to call Raziel her boyfriend or future mate yet. She still needed to talk to Kove about this all. "I will howl to Raziel, the alpha, so you can be accepted and we can give you a nice home." Scarlett threw her head back and howled for @Raziel.
"I understand,you need not concern yourself with such trivial things if you have pups that require your attention.My name is Azaria and i'm very fortunate to have much such a welcoming creature as yourself.Thank you so much for your hospitality."Azaria spoke though a shiver of anticipation and hope moved through her at the howl of the beta.
Aza nodded understandingly at the mention of her litter.Though she herself never had one she'd encountered many pups recklessly bounding through open fields with their parents keeping watch over them.They seemed to have endless energy until they tuckered themselves out through their play.It was a warming site to watch and she hoped Scarlet was happy with her mate and pups.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Tired. That was the best word to describe what Raziel was feeling nowadays. Tired. The events of the previous days, the sudden appearance of his..problem, plus the sudden flooding nostalgic memories of the past had seemingly drawn all the energy from him. Obviously, he still carried himself around like the regal he was; he hunted like always; he patrolled the borders like always; he talked to his packmates and did his duties. Never had his tiredness shown through his mask when he was around packmates, and Raziel wasn't planning for it to happen anytime soon but when he was alone, the facade fell and the tiredness caught up with him.

Raziel had been napping when Scarlett's howl pierced through the comfortable silence. He blinked, then shot up onto his paws, glancing at his surroundings with a wild kind of wariness before his hackles settled back upon his spine and his tensed muscles relaxed. He sighed, and dipped his head down to lick on his ruffled chest fur before he began making his way to the entrance. Raz resumed the facade of the confident Roman King and warrior as he strode towards where the albino female was.

His gaze immediately alighted on the stranger and Raziel unabashedly analyzed her; not because she was a female but because he wanted to see if she was healthy and of good build. "Hey Scar," he murmured to his Beta and bumped his nose affectionately to her cheek before he focused his attention on the wannabe newbie. "Let's get down to business. State your name, skills, yada yada yada and I'll see if you are capable of being a member of Bearclaw Valley." His tone was stern and his eyes were emotionless, but there was an unmistakable aura around him that spoke of quiet strength and gentleness.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett went to sit down as she waited for Raziel to arrive. She smiled at Azaria. "You are very welcome," she returned. "Oh yes. They require constant attention," she admitted with a chuckle. "They are great though. Maybe you can even babysit if you like that." Scarlett wouldn't mind a few hours of freedom, though she loved her babies very much she was surprised how much traveling she did before and she couldn't do right now. She could see how the female was a bit anxious and wanted to comfort her that there was no need for being nervous.

But then Raziel already arrived, and though he gave her an affectionate nudge, he wasn't very nice to the girl before them. Scarlett frowned. Maybe they would loose her as a member if Raziel was so rude. They could really use the new member count. "Just basically tell him what you told me, Azaria," she spoke more kindly. She didn't want her to become so nervous she wasn't willing to talk anymore. She just wished she had informed Azaria before Raziel came that he could be a bit grumpy, but... in the end he was kind to his pack mates. She was almost tempted to put her hind foot on that of Raziel's so he would get a reminded to be nice.
19 Posts
Ooc — June
The wanderer was a proud creature by nature her head and tail habitually positioned at a high point.Aza hadn't had much experience with wolves of higher authority since she'd tended to avoid them for the sake of keeping the peace and her own parents had been the leaders of her former pack.She understood though that an Alpha was fully deserving of the utmost respect.Her ears pulled back as she dipped her muzzle towards the earth and dropped her tail too towards the ground.
Azaria drew comfort though from Scarlett's reassuring words and friendly demeanor.The Alpha obviously took a liking to the Beta and it came as no surprise to the loner as to why.She had been very welcoming and kind despite the suspicious attitude the Alpha displayed.The arctic creature however did not take offense to his behavior and simply offered the reverence he deserved.
Her humble demeanor made it difficult to showcase and higher qualities she possessed but in such an instance she found it necessary should the Alpha deem her useful.She could easily sense his calculating and judgemental stare though it was expected to receive such scrutiny from any other wolf of authority.
"My name is Azaria and I have wandered many miles before coming upon your valley.My desire now is nothing more than to rest my paws in a place even half as lovely as this land and that I may be a pack member once again.I grow weary of solitary travel across these desolate lands and would be honored to be sheltered in such a lush valley.
[size=large]I would prefer to avoid a fight though I posses the capability to hold my own in the event of one.I also have a keen eye for subtleties in the land and weather that may go unnoticed by others.I am attentive by nature and would not mind looking after any pups should I be entrusted with their care.[/size]
[size=large]My true skill though I suppose lies as a healer and hunter.My hunting capabilities are rather refined,thus granting me the capability to devise strategy for capturing especially elusive prey.I am knowledgeable of many herbs and techniques that could save a life just as well as they could end one."[/size]
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Raziel withheld the urge to smirk when he heard Scarlett reassuring the girl; however, he couldn't help uttering a few words in his lilting accent. "This is me being nice," he said softly, a hint of amusement evident in his voice for the briefest of seconds before he regained his seriousness. Bright turquoise eyes focused on the girl as he watched her drop into a submissive position; Raz knew she could've done more, like crouch to the ground until her belly brushed the earth, that kind of thing, but he wasn't one to force others to respect him when they barely knew him, so he let it go. 

The Roman's silver velvety ears flicked forward as Azaria introduced herself and told him that she had wandered for a long way before coming upon Bearclaw Valley. That she wanted to rest and to be a pack member once more. Apparently, she grew weary of being a loner and would be honored to be 'sheltered' in his valley. Raziel tilted his head and took a few steps forward until he was only a feet away from her, drawing himself to his full height, he regarded her silently, listening to her as she continued speaking.

"Bearclaw Valley already has a lot of great hunters, naturalist, caretaker and healer," Raz spoke quietly, but clearly. "What makes you special? This pack is not a sanctuary for the weary, nor a resting stop for loners who only wish to take up resources. We hold only wolves who are loyal to us." None of this was spoken in a threatening tone, nor an intimidating one. They were spoken calmly and serenely. Scarlett might think he was being too harsh, but truth to be told, this was him being kind. He would not be any kinder, simply because well...he couldn't.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett shook her head in disbelieve and decided to let the man have his way. She promised after all to not make it public how much he liked cuddles. The albino female listened to Azaria who showed so much promise! She had convinced Scarlett already with her words, Raziel... not so much though. The surprised was clear on her face when Raziel spoke of already having those trades in their pack. Scarlett snorted. "Raziel, please. We have room for a healer that can help you. And I am the only Naturalist and frankly I am not a very good one," she spoke. After getting her trade she had rather neglected it. Frankly she hadn't even really noticed the storm before it was actually happening. She was more in the motherhood phase now instead of being interested in the nature around her. "Plus we can never have enough hunters," she added.

Scarlett smiled at Azaria. The red eyed female might also like her in this pack because this Azaria looked like a good friend to have. Scarlett could use a friend in this pack, a girl to have girl talk with. Rhythm was never really there and with Vega she hadn't really bonded in that way. Plus the dark furred female didn't look like a girl that would like... girl talk and giggling. Then again... Meldresi also didn't seem like that type of girl and she really liked it too. Hmm. "You are in charge, I guess," she mumbled to Raziel. "Though. I do have to agree we want a new member that will stick around. We are not a sanctuary for wolves to rest and eat out food," she spoke, she did agree with that. Funny because Raziel and her recently talked about this topic. Having these words come from her mouth made Scarlett chuckle a bit afterwards, eyeing at Raz.
19 Posts
Ooc — June
Azaria's ear twitched ever so slightly as Raziel seemed to utter a humorous remark.It was gone just as quickly as it came however though and the outsider resumed her demeanor of respect and reverence for the Alpha before her.
The white pelted creature shrank back some as the Alpha rose to his full height and spoke.Her ears practically melted into her head but she understood that he was merely protecting the land.She would not be welcome if she could not prove her worth and the loner feared what may result if she were to be turned away.Surely there were other packs but if she was not accepted into this one then there was no guarantee any of the others would admit her either.
Once again Scarlett's words soothed the arctic creature and her hackles smoothed back loosely as she tried to shake off the foreboding feeling crawling beneath her pelt.Aza felt that she found her voice through Scarlett's encouraging support.
[size=large]"I understand that you don't wish to simply take dead weight into your pack,and it is your right to judge, but I assure you that I can earn my keep.I am not some roaming freeloader and my sights are set hopefully on a pack that will have to use of me.I can not say that I am the most skilled at any of my trades but you would be hard pressed to find another who will be as sincere and loyal as I.Any task you ask of me shall be done to the very best of my ability so long as I am permitted to stay in this valley.My skills are not quite like those of other wolves though I wouldn't say that makes them special though they're vhighly effective to say the least.I can at least confidently say that you would never be brought to question my integrity or devotion to the pack,should I be allowed to support it.I will work for my place and earn it,if you would  only spare me the chance."the wolf spoke calmly as she extended a front leg along the ground and dipped her upper body in a kind of polite bow.She soon returned to her former position though and stood silently awaiting the Alpha's reply.[/size]
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
An ear was flicked backwards as Scarlett snorted and said that they had room for another healer to help him and that she was the only naturalist and wasn't even a really good one. Raziel spared her a glance, his features contorting into something of a mixture of his trademark smirk and a frown. "You're good enough," was all the silver Alpha uttered before he turned his attention back on the wannabe joiner. He ignored what she said about never having enough hunters, feeling annoyance and irritation rush through his form. He was the leader, was he not? He was the one that made final decisions around here, not her right? But Raziel withheld from uttering his opinions, and forced himself to calm down; this wasn't worth getting all worked up.

A smile touched his weathered, battle-hardened features when the albino female agreed that he was in charge and continued to say that they would want a new member to stick around. She also stated that Bearclaw Valley wasn't a sanctuary for those to rest and eat food, much to the surprise of Raziel which showed on his face for a brief second as he twisted his head to look at her, flashing her a winning grin as he did so - Raz also made sure the newcomer couldn't see his face - and turned back to Azaria.

Raziel returned his attention to the loner and listened as the pale she-wolf. He almost wanted to smirk and laugh out loud when she stated she was skilled in any of her trades and that apparently, he would be 'hard pressed' to find another who would be as 'sincere' and as 'loyal' as she was. However, the stoic Roman kept his cold facade on and continued staring at her with piercing, inscrutable, turquoise eyes. "What do you mean 'your skills are not quite like those of other wolves'?" he inquired sharply, tilting his head in a manner reminiscent to an eagle when it spotted its prey. "I am a Roman," Raziel said, taking yet another small step forward. "I will hold you to your word when you say that I will never have to question your devotion and your honor to the pack. Romans take promises very seriously, so I would be careful if I were you when you're swearing oaths." Then he smiled, a decidedly calculating smile. "That is, if I decide to let you in."

The silver Alpha glanced at Scarlett for the fraction of a second. "My trusted Beta seems to believe your words and wishes to let you into our ranks," he said, gazing down at Azaria. "I, however, believe actions speaks louder than words." Raziel paused, just to add a more dramatic effect. "Will you do us the honor of leading us on a hunt? Not in the valley, in the forest there," he gestured with his muzzle to the forest. "Scarlett and I will follow you when we hunt, and my Beta and I will see if you are worthy." That was fair, in his mind, in fact, he was being especially nice today. Probably because his friend (girlfriend?) was here.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett was a bit surprised when Raziel was so strict on her. She had never seen an alpha so strict on any one really. Not Malachi with new members, but he wasn't really a good example as an alpha. Then there was Kove. He also seemed to trust more on wolves and their way of speaking. Scarlett felt a bit troubled. She was a compassionate individual and she could picture herself in Azaria's spot. Scarlett would feel uncomfortable, and she knew that Azaria's get were travel worn. She found it almost mean that Raziel would make her do this. Once again she didn't agree with the silver male. He was so different in his thinking than she was.

Scarlett didn't find Raziel nice at all but she kept her mouth. She really didn't want to fight with him again or speak against him. He was so different from Kove and she still had to make the decision if she was going to end her mateship with Kove and engage one with Raziel. He could be so nice and sweet. But sometimes the grey alpha could also be utterly annoying. It felt like he was proving his point and she got that point by now. He was the alpha. Scarlett just hoped that Azaria didn't feel too pressured or even too scared to join their pack. She almost regretted howling for Raziel.

"Raziel, she has traveled a lot. Can't you give her a break? She can prove herself within the pack. Take her on patrols or for hunting. At least then she can give her 100% instead of now having hurt feet from traveling and you deciding that she isn't good enough because of that," she frowned. "Did you do this with Cry too? Or Vega? Did they had a hunting test? Because I think that you are taking it a step too far..." She really didn't want to undermine his leadership but she also didn't agree with his methods at all. Scarlett really needed to shift some of her own gears to get adjusted to Raziel's personality flips. She let out a long sigh because she really didn't want to make Raziel mad again, or give him a reason for leaving. "Just... Take in account that she has been on her own for a while, what ever happens with this hunt. Yes?," she spoke to soothe her previous words.
19 Posts
Ooc — June
"I come from the far north where the land as well as the creatures are much different from here.My wandering has given me a chance to get acquainted with such terrain and I have had over a year to  familiarized myself with these lands.The ways of my people are unique to our kind and even vary from clan to clan.We adapt methods to heal as the need arises and build upon them when we see it fit to do so.Anything to ensure the highest chance of an outcome in our favor."
The wolf's gaze flickered some though her posture remained rigid and low as he brought up the matter of her honestly and oath.At least promises were something even these wolves took very seriously.She was nothing without her integrity and honestly that made up such a large part of the wolf's heart.To call her word into question could be seen as a challenge in her lands but she had to remember that this was not her home.The ground beneath her feet was not cold and slick but crumbly and merely cool.
"I have never made a promise that I did not know I could keep sir."Aza spoke politely but vehemently.

The arctic creature took in the Alpha's words respectly and listened very attentively to what could be her only chance of acceptance.A softer kinder voice though bearing gentler words spoke up though and Aza swiveled her neck some to look upon the beta.
"Scarlett,you are far too kind and truly I have never met a stranger as welcoming as you.Raziel's demands however are not as unfair as you may believe.
A wolf's strength lies within themselves and their ability to react under pressure at a moment's notice.Being prepared as well as having the ability to push yourself is a brilliant display of capabilities.There are times when the call for action comes suddenly and there is no time for rest.Weariness and awareness in dire situations must be able to coincide or your survival will be put at great risk.If I cannot pass such a test now then I would rather wander on than shame myself by pursuing a pack that would be endangered because of my failure."the wolf gently but reasonably replied.
She would not seek sympathy from either wolf.Aza would tell them the truth and let their hearts pass judgment over her.If the Alpha asked to test her endurance and ability then so be it.Tumultuous mother nature would not allow her a break before a challenge and so this should stand with the pack as well.It was what the foreigner believed to be right under such circumstance though she herself would likely act as Scarlett if another were in her position.
"It would be my honor to lead a hunt with you two and am ready to do so should the Alpha deem it necessary."
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
The North huh? Raziel's interest piqued when Azaria told him that she came from the far north where the land as well as creatures were much different. That he knew, for he was a northerner himself and saw it first hand, nevertheless, he continued listening. The pale fae spoke of the ways of her people, saying that they varied from packs and that they adapt methods to heal and build upon them when they see it fit to do so. The faintest of smiles touched the Roman's lips, and a renewed interest burned in his gaze. "Is that so?" he inquired softly. "I am from the North too. Some of your ways are similar to mine." Perhaps if he accepted her, they would be able to work together. "I am a healer too. No doubt we will work well together..." 

Raziel dipped his silver crown into a nod when Azaria spoke of always keeping the promises she made. That was the spirit; he decided that he quite liked her. Much like Cry, she possessed the spirit that only those worthy of Bearclaw Valley had. Unknowingly, she had passed his most important test with her words and her obvious warrior spirit. Good for her. Not many did. However, the Roman didn't say anything regarding his 'secret' test, some secrets had to be kept secrets after all.

In a second, his good mood was replaced by burning annoyance. Scarlett uttered words, telling him that she had traveled a lot and 'can't you give her a break'. "Other packs would ask her to do much harsher things," he said calmly, not letting his barely concealed irritation show through. "I'm doing the easiest thing I can ask her to do. And this is not taking a step too far. The other packs will ask her to lead a hunt, spar with them, show them all their spoken skills. I'm not doing that." All that was spoken in a calm, serene tone. This time he wasn't belittling her, he was simply telling her how he did things.

A smile graced his hardened features when Azaria spoke up, agreeing to his words. Maybe Scarlett would see sense right now. See, he wasn't taking a step too far. Bearclaw Valley had been too soft, too trusting under the 'white queen and king's' leadership. And look at how things went? Barely any of the founders had stayed, and only when he'd stepped up to leadership had members began flooding in once more. The Roman was making things right once more. 

"Alright," Raziel relented, letting Scarlett know that he was taking her comments to heart, even if he didn't like it (hated it). "I'll let you into our ranks, but know that I will be watching you to see how you work. Slackers are not welcome in Bearclaw Valley; everyone contributes to the pack." Then he smiled, and bumped his shoulder to hers so the scent of the Valley would be on her too. "But for now, welcome to Bearclaw Valley."
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett knew from the start that she wasn't a very authoritative figure. She was even worse at leading which was all too clear for her to see now. Maybe she should step down from being a Beta too because she was clearly so clueless. Or maybe she could follow lessons with Raziel to toughen her up more. To be a leader instead of a worrying mother. She was glad that this female was willing to hunt with them either way, and that she showed so much promise. Scarlett smiled at her, clearly too kind natured. She said that they aren't a sanctuary but she wouldn't mind trying to run one.

She looked up when Raziel allowed her in the pack. Scarlett was surprised that Raziel would even listen to her. But she was probably going to see the leader later to get a toughening up course. She felt a bit bad for interrupting him doing his job. Raziel was a much better leader than Kove. And even though her ... previous mate was a Dark Brother, somehow Raziel was way better than him. She let out a soft sigh and smiled apologetically at Raziel. She would need to talk to Kove too. She couldn't have two males and she needed to be a leader and give clarity to them! Or something like that... Oh how she wished she could procrastinate.

"Um, yes! Welcome to the pack!," Scarlett smiled. The red eyed female was happy that Azaria was a new member of their pack. They would be able to do some fun hunting together. Scarlett was sure of it.
19 Posts
Ooc — June
There was a noticable wag to the wolf's tail though she tried to still it in an effort to remain professional.She had wondered where the Alpha hailed and hearing that they were both northerners set her soul at ease some.It was always interesting to meet other wolves from the northern lands and even now was no different.The Alpha's demeanor seemed to lighten as she continued to speak though he showed some tension when the Beta had offered comment.
The pair seemed close and the pale pelt couldn't help but wonder of their relationship with one another.They obviously had their differences but that came as no obstacle when it came to many matters of cooperation.If anything it would make them stronger and she could see the promise in the pair.
She remained still as he nudged her shoulder and she too took on the earthy natural scent of the valley.The smell made her feel grounded and deeply rooted to this place though she'd only just been accepted.It was an honor unlike any other to be recieved into a pack under such strong leadership.She dipped her head deeply in respect and thanks towards them both before raising her head to it's naturally poised level.
"Thank you both ever so much.I'm truly honored to be a part of your pack and I assure you I will not make you regret your decision.You need just ask if you are in need of me to do anything and I will oblige vehemently."
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
last post from me :)

Raziel took a step back, black leathery nostrils flaring sharply as he took in Azaria's scent. It was no longer the scent of a loner. Alone with her own scent, the smell of Bearclaw Valley was around here like a light veil. No doubt, if she stayed long enough, the scent of the wolves of the Valley would be so deeply engraved in her that it would seem almost impossible for her to ever lost the scent once more. But for now, the brief smell of Raziel himself and the Valley would be enough to let the other wolves of the Valley know that they had a new wolf in their ranks, that she was now one of them.

"You better not," Raz replied, though there was a teasing tone in his lilting voice. "Anyways, just explore your new home for now. Tomorrow, you can officially start your duties. Patrolling, hunting, meeting your packmates, etc." He nodded at the female, then turned to Scarlett and shot her a winning smile before nuzzling her scruff gently, inhaling her scent. "See ya later," he whispered into her neck, then Raziel made his way back to the Valley.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I will archive! Welcome to the pack! I already gave you a rank @Azaria :D

Scarlett wagged her tail when Azaria was welcomed by Raziel. This was perfect. Maybe they should have a hunting trip tomorrow. Scarlett liked that idea. The pale female nudged Raziel back. She would have to catch up with him later. Now she still needed to get some hunting done so her pups wouldn't be a raging crowd when she would return. She chuckled, because sometimes they could be such little rebels!

She let Azaria explore on her own, so she could find a place to settle. Scarlett trotted into the fields below, hoping that there were some smaller prey animal she could snack on. They would need a pack hunt soon. She liked that idea.