Blackfeather Woods Talk to me
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Set before Meldresi's Return. @Misty 

Burke trotted through Black Feather in search for the timid female. He wasn't sure how to deal with her because she was so timid and shy. His correction seemed to do more damage than actual good. He would need to talk to Misty and see how they could get over this. She was so insecure and uncertain that Burke had no idea if there was a good way of even talking to her. He was not going to change who he was just because one female couldn't handle correction. 

Burke sniffed her out, her scent was quite easy to track. As soon as he found a fresh trail he followed it. Once he reached her he let out a soft chuff to let her know he was close to her. He didn't want to startle her. He trotted before her and kept his pale blue eyes directed at her. "You need to start talking to me," he spoke. "What is going on in your mind," he asked.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty looked down. "I guess I just have a hard time feeling like I belong anywhere. I never met my father, or my littermates. My older brother killed my mom and then dumped me in the lowlands, at 3 months old. I guess that pretty much explains me. I never even had friends or a mentor until I was 7 months old. I lived in fear and on the run my entire life." She said shyly, fidgeting with her paws.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke cleared his throat and then listened to her talk. He would need all his counselor skills for this. At least that was what he assumed. After hearing her story he was surprised that she was even alive. It couldn't even be possible because at 3,5 Months pups would start to join on hunting trips but she only got a mentor at 7 months old? How did she even survive the other 3,5 Months without a caretaker or having lessons how to hunt in the first place. Burke frowned at her story. He did understand her behavior somewhat. 

Burke didn't even know how to react now, which was rare. "How did you even manage to survive?," he asked. Now he was genuinely curious. It did make a lot of sense that she wasn't very social or timid in a group since she never lived in one. Burke started to wonder if she was ever going to get over the lack of socialization.
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty shrugged. "I just followed the adults and ate whatever they left. I also watched them hunt and practiced on smaller animals. But I couldn't really catch anything until I was 6 months old." She said nervously. She felt pathetic in front of the Alpha. Maybe she didn't belong in a pack. Maybe she was better off with Skyshire, Raina, and Leo. But what Skyshire had told her still rang in her mind. In a pack, you'll be safe, you won't have to worry about other loners killing you in your sleep. You'll have a family. Maybe she could fit in in the pack, if she worked hard enough.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
At least the girl showed some will to survive, that is all I can say. He slowly nodded as he studied the female. She was nervous again. Burke wondered why that was. Why was she always so nervous around him. Because he corrected her? "Why are you so nervous?," he asked. Burke had tried to connect with her before but then she went too far and he had to correct her. 

"Tell me something do you like yourself? Are you happy with what kind of wolf you are?," he asked. Well, this was going to be a deep conversation or not. He wanted to know if his suspicion got confirmed or not. And if he knew the cause he could maybe start to help her with what was troubling her.
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
"I guess I'm nervous because I've just never had any run ins with the meaner wolves and I've never fought before. When we were at the lake, your response was a new experience. And...I guess I'm ok with who I am. It's me. And I don't want to try to be anything I'm not. But I feel like I'm not a normal wolf. Most wolves I've met aren't shy and timid like me. I guess that makes me unique, huh?" She said sadly.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke listened to her once again, slowly nodding. At least she wasn't ashamed of herself. "Yes, so instead of saying it so sadly that you are unique why don't you say it with a bit of confidence and pride," he advised to her. "I well tell you one thing. If you don't like yourself, how can you expect others to like you," he spoke his wise words. At least Burke thought they were wise words. "If you as a wolf was proud and pleased with who you are no wolf can tell you otherwise," he added.

The large male looked at her, once again he was reminded of Scarlett in a way. Only she had mastered the skill that she knew she was timid and shy, disliking to fight, but she would stand by her point and other wolves accepted that.  But, now Misty was taking up a spot in their ranks while they could have a warrior or something more aggressive. It was Burke's mistake that he accepted her. He had seen something inside of her once she joined but, he had the feeling Misty hated it here. "It does make you unique. But....," he took a breathing pause. "If you aren't going to warden for us or be  a warrior then you should look into other trades you might want to pursue. Do you know about the the other trades?," he asked.
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty nodded at his suggestion, still too ashamed to look Burke in the eye. She felt like she just kept disappointing the Alpha the more she talked. When he mentioned other trades within the pack she looked up and tilted her head, confused. So...she didn't have to be a dark, scary wolf? She could do something that didn't involve fighting? That made Misty feel a lot better. She breathed a small sigh of relief and relaxed. "What are the other trades?" She asked curiously, her shyness fading.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke sat down to not look to intimidating, while technically he was at his least scariest right now. He could be way creeper if he wanted too. "As a pack member you can choose three trades you want to pursue. Warrior and Warden is one of them," he explained. "There are quite a few so please pay attention. There is Gamekeeper, if you want to be a hunter for the pack. Chronicler, they keep the history of the pack and tell stories in educational way. Counselor, like me, who keeps the pack peaceful by offering support or fights within the pack. They are also advise on leadership. Caretaker, one who cares, trains and teaches for the pups or sick wolves. Healer, though this is already pursued by a lot of other wolves, they healer. Naturalist, everything about nature you can specialize in one part like plants only or maybe wildlife only. Maybe you are more interested in weather patterns. All that can be accomplished with that trade. Last but not least, Outrider, this trade is about bringing messages to other packs, trying to get new members and explore the surroundings."

Burke then looked over her. He wasn't sure if she would be an Outrider. And especially not a caretaker she was too sweet too. Damn, their pups were probably more cunning than her. And they didn't need to learn her good nature. "Why don't you pick one and focus on that. Gamekeeper maybe? "
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
 why did you have to give me so many interesting options?! 

"I like the Caretaker and Naturalist options. Is there anything I have to do to get the different positions?" She said sweetly. Maybe she could fit in in the pack, she just had to find something she enjoyed doing, like taking care of cute little pups and injured wolves or studying and observing plants and wildlife up close and from a distance, just like she had done with this pack.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Because those are all the options in the Guidebook ;)

Burke felt his heart sink because of course she was going to chose the one that he didn't want her to pursue. "Well, caretaker is a bit... difficult since two of Lusa's young are babies. She only has one and I don't think she will let any new members close to Peridot," he spoke. "But you can always try. But naturalist is very much open for you to explore," he spoke more enthusiastically. "I don't think we have anyone with that trade in our pack even so that one is much welcomed."

"I'm sorry what do you mean by different positions?," he asked, not sure what the female meant with that. Did she mean if that would improve her rank or did she mean something else?
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
"I just meant is there anything I need to do to become a naturalist or a caretaker." How could a pack not have a wolf who knew all about plants and wildlife? How did they know when different prey was abundant in their territory? How did they know which plants were good for medicinal use and which berries and other plants were poisonous? It was like a message to her. Misty needed to be this pack's Naturalist. Wolves' lives could depend on it. "I'll be a Naturalist." She said sweetly. She quickly straightened her posture. "What do you want me to do first?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Technically you need 5 threads, with 3 posts minimally mentioning the trade. Then you can ask for EXP; HERE (and there is also more explanation).

Burke glanced at her and then nodded. "Of course, you need to expand your knowledge. Naturalist is also about the weather. We don't need much knowledge on plants since we have three healers we can go to who also know about plants and herbs," Burke explained. The alpha nodded when the female would focus on being a naturalist. He nodded briefly.

"Well that is up to you? I am not going to guide you in every step. Naturalism is a very broad trade. Wolves with the trade are in charge of tracking weather patterns and lunar cycles and how they impact pack activities, such as hunts, meetings and even breeding season. They may also be wildlife experts who additionally excel in basic sciences like topography, geology, and botany," he cited. He was going to leave it up to her what she preferred doing.
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty dipped her head in respect. "I think I'll focus on the weather and lunar cycles stuff. Am I allowed to observe the wildlife and follow them?" She was glad that she could finally so something useful for the pack she now called home. She felt that Burke was almost like the father/leader figure she never had. He had done so much for her, and now that she was a Naturalist, she could finally return the favors. "Thanks Burke. Not just for letting me join the pack, but for dealing with me...and for helping me....with everything."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Technically she is only a naturalist after she has finished her 5 threads! ;D I will archive after your post! :)

Burke nodded. "I'm glad you don't see me as the bad guy any more then," he stated in return and dipped his head. Burke then started to make his leave. "I will leave you to it then. The night will start soon so I will let you be," he spoke and wished her a good night. 

Burke would have to check other things, but he was glad that he had talked to Misty. It was much needed and it seemed to have cheered her up, bring her peace. That was his job as a counselor, to bring peace to other pack members. Plus he had counseled her on trades too. He was pleased with himself.
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty watched as Burke padded off and her eyes followed him until he disappeared from her view. She was glad they had talked. She had needed it. She felt a lot better, not just about her status in the pack, but better about how she saw herself. She got to her paws and padded towards the camp, but in a slightly different direction than Burke, so they wouldn't bump into each other, but they would both end up at the camp. She could fit in here, she just had to do something she loved, which was something she had found.