Even the first lesson can be lethal
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
@Nemesis Okay! First lesson of Assassin starts! If Slade comes back he might take over, but until that time Burke will be her mentor! Here is all the info if you haven't read it yet! LESSON ONE: Physical Training 

Burke liked Redgrove to use as a classroom for training now the ravens and crows had fled it during the storm. The clearing had a few trees in them, but more light, which was good for the spy trainings since they wouldn't have too much help of the dark. Plus the red bushes, the red heart of the pack, made a nice symbol for the new trainees. The Dark Brotherhood is the heart of Black Feather, and then they also trained in the heart of the territory. Man, Burke didn't know he was that poetic. He should throw his warrior trade out and become chronicler. The tank sized male sat down in the middle of the clearing and howled for Nemesis. 

Burke figured he let her meet the other pack mates, and settle into the dark forest before starting training. For Burke is was also easier to do it that way since he had two spies in training of his own. He had taken them to the hot springs and had a person training to give to Ayana. But now, while the other two needed to do some homework he could give a training to Nemesis. Talk about time managing! But after all these trainings he would give out they might end up with a bigger Brotherhood and Burke liked that idea.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis had already been on the move, when she heard the call. Halting in her footsteps, she pointed her nose up to catch the breeze. Sure enough Burke's scent was strong, and she took of at a run. To be honest, she wasn't sure why she was being summoned. Had she done something wrong? Surely had hadn't called her just to reprimand her. So far she hadn't done much wrong.. It had to be something else. 
It came to mind that Burke was calling her to train. She had already expressed her interest in becoming an Assassin, maybe it was time to start...
But she couldn't get ahead of herself. 

She ended up to a place she was familiar with. Redgrove. For the past few days, she had slept among the red bushes, a surprisingly comfy place. Emerging from the bushes, she nodded her head at the burly male. "Hello Burke. I haven't done anything wrong, have I?" She asked just to make sure.  She had a knack for causing trouble, no on purpose or anything. But things just always seemed to fall apart and crumblemble around her. Call it a curse, she was already living one.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched the female approach him. He kept his usual calm glance until she was before him. Slowly he frowned lightly. "In trouble?," he questioned. "No, you are not," he stated afterwards. He wasn't going to be cruel and pester her. He wanted to get on with this lesson to see what she was made of. The large tank of a male got to his feet. "You are here for you first lesson to become an assassin, and a Dark Sister. You will get three lessons and two quests. After that you will kill another wolf. If you did those six things you are a dark sister and a member of the brotherhood," he explained.

Burke walked a circle around her to study her from all sides. The big brute indicated she was lighter and thus faster. It wasn't a accomplishment to be faster than him since he was just a bit slower than the normal wolf even. Not that it mattered he had his own techniques for that. "Your first lesson will be physical. So tell me what you have learned so far. You had a warrior training, so you said, tell me what you learned so I don't have to repeat things for you."
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Sorry about the short reply! And for the lateness, i've litterally typed this up THREE times!!!

Nemesis thought back to her training. It had been a while since she had tried to remeber anything involving her old pack, it was just too painfull. Since leaving, she had pushed all the memories and recollections of them to the dark spot of her mind, which fueled her anger. But now, she had to revive all those long days of unrested torture. But it had to be done, her future as a Dark Sister relyed on it. 

"I've been taught how to defend myself, how to properly attack from behind and front, weak points on a wolf and the killing bite" She recounted. It wasn't everything, but it had kept her alive. "They told me that the back of the neck, hind legs, jaw, ear that sort of thing" She added.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Losing a post is horrible. I get it. And don't sweat it. You should have fun! that is what matters!

Burke listened to her and then nodded softly. His pale eyes were steady on her and made sure to not keep his eyes away from her. He wanted to see how she reacted to certain behavior. "The back of the neck would be more for sparring, as an assassin you go for the kill which his more the side or underside of the neck that is being bitten," he explained. "As an assassin you can be as vile as you want, break the other's paws so it can't escape and take your time, or make it quick by just breaking ones neck," he spoke. How the male said it was almost scary. There was no real emotion. He didn't care.

"I'm pleased you learned to defend, this is good," he spoke. "What also can be handy is to be quick. Seeing your figure I am sure that wouldn't be a problem. You see I would have to work with brute force," he explained. Though if he wanted a wolf dead he would charge at it like a bull, and with such ferocity that the impact would already do enough damage.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis sat patiently, absorbing every word her Alpha said. She never knew a mentor, or anything of the sort and this was all knew to her, but she would do her best to show what she was made of and not just by the words she said. Anyone could claim that they knew how to kill and defend, but the truth relied on how well you could present it. Nobody would believe her if she acted like a soft cuddly-bear, high on candy and rainbows. Her ability to shed blood without a second thought made her personality. It was who she was. And she wanted everyone to know. 
She didn't blink as Burke explained how to effectively kill while inflicting the most painful pain. She liked her kills to be slow and painful, agonizing in any way possible. If it was to demeine, torment and persecute verbally, so be it. It was always much more fun when she broke their hopes down and had them, begging to kill them. 
Keeping her eyes on Burke, she didn't look away as he continued. She needed to show that she was strong and could function under pressure. Her previous Alpha had always expected her to look away while facing him and the truth was, she wanted to. She was weak then, but not know. Never again.

Brute force, she thought. No, Burke was right, her way was to be silent and fast, taking her opponent by surprise. But that was not to say she shied away from attacking with force. She knew she could successfully take down a wolf of her size with muscle, but not a wolf like Burke. She didn't think anyone could take him down. Stick to agility for now and work towards muscle, she thought. 
She nodded, understanding Burke. A wolf of his size could easily take down another just by running at it. Well, by then they would be running away. One day, she wished to have that same intimidation. For another to look at her and tremble in fear. You will, and you will be the one standing over the last Alpha's body. And eventually you will conquer much more! She smiled crookedly in her mind as her demons spoke to her. "So I must rely on my agility but work equal with force" She clarifyed. For being an Assassin, she couldn't snoop around and yell "Boo!" at her opponent or she might as well be a Spy. But she was sure Burke would teach her, and much more.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
sorry looked over this thread! Excuse me!

Burke nodded at her reply, there seemed to go quite a lot in her mind. He was more into the Spy branch than in the assassin branch himself, but since they had no other dark brother member to mentor the young assassins Burke had to do this himself. He tried to stick to the plan he and Meldresi talked about. This first lesson was about psychical training, so that was what Burke was going to do. He made himself bigger and then without a warning he charged at Nemesis. It wasn't a very serious attack, in one way it was, but he wasn't charging at her like he wanted to bite her head off. The male just wanted to see how she would react.

In this setting they were mentor and student, he shed his alpha role and had to be more of a teacher for the other wolf. He hoped the female would respond well. With trespassers it were the assassins that should technically instantly attack and rip the stranger to pieces. The spies could help too. He hoped they would build a wide set of Dark Brotherhood members.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Ahh that happens to me too. It's cool:D

Nemesis was surprised at Burke's sudden charge at her, but she quickly recovered. This is your training, get your head in the game, she reminded herself. Just in time, she leaped out of the way, skidding to a stop. She bared her teeth, poised to attack, herself. He had almost got her, to her disappointment. She could be faster, she could do better. She had to.
It didn't occur to her that growling at her Alpha would be any disrespect, for now, he was her opponent and she had to defend herself. Perhaps he wanted to see how she would respond, or maybe not. Playing her cards carefully, she waited for his next move. And she was no fool. She knew that without previous training, she could not successfully take down a wolf of Burke's size. Despite her reckless and malevolent ways, she had a functioning head on her body and knew that seeing how her opponent moved, would determine how to take him down. Letting them strike first was her upperhand. She pointed her cold gaze to Burke, staring into his eyes reading his expression. She was not about to back down to a fight , if that's what he wanted.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was mildly surprised that the female had not much ferocity in her counter attack. He was sure he was going to get some teeth back into his skin but the female refrained herself. Burke stood before her making himself immensely big. It could also be that the girl was just testing him, to see how he would attack. That would be smart of her. She did manage to avoid his attack which mean that she was fast. 

He wanted more fight in her but then he was reminded that she would be an assassin, not a warrior, a soldier in battle. Still if she only managed to wound her victim then she would probably have to fight that victim and more ferocity was never bad. "Try if you are fighting someone try to really feel the bloodlust,' he advised. "Attack me," he spoke.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Bloodlust.

It was her one true source of fuel. She would have no trouble scrounging up every last drop of it towards her counterattack. And she would not hesitate to attack, given Burke's consent. She had noticed his main form of strike, using his size to crush his victims. What she had to do was work around that. She was quick, her advantage. But she remembered what Burke had said. Speedy was nothing without force to back it up. She needed to use her anger and her sorrow and her bloodlust to fuel her attack. 
Snarling, she sized herself up, regaining her sense of pride and anger. He is your opponent, not your Alpha. And what do you do to those who cross you? She reminded herself as she took her chance to strike. 
She would aim for Burke's neck, the soft spot, that she knew he would protect. He would react, giving her window to his stomach, where she could plant herself in a position that was vulnerable to him. She put everything into the blow. The years of pain and diminishment and misery from the ones who were supposed to care for her. But also her anger and hatred and rage to those who had dared to hurt and torment her, to the ones who would in short time, have the hand of death fall upon them for their crimes against her . It was a risky shot but she went for it.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke did none of those things, once he got the female riled up for an attack Burke smile only grew more wicked. His pale eyes lighting up, as he watched the black female before her snarl. Once she came charing at him, which was targeted on his neck Burke pushed his muzzle down to protect his throat and tensed his muscles. He would not dodge her attack to have her take a bite at his precious organs. His neck did have some strong muscles for carrying this broad head, only the base was sensitive but he knew how to protect it. She evaded his attack but Burke was going to evade hers by protecting himself. 

Once she was close enough her turned away from her jaw, even turning his stomach away from her, since she was so close Burke gave her a rough shove with his shoulder and side of his head. If he had been in a real fight he had used his teeth in the process but now it was just a point of making her attack and learn how to use her body. Yes she might lose balance with his rough shove, but he wanted her to learn that she could brace her body just like that, it could even throw off an opponent. The moment you startled an opponent it was yours to strike and push them down in the dirt.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis was dazed from the rough shove Burke pushed her way, but she shook her head and resumed her attack. She was, however, amazed at Burke's ability just to tighten his muscles and throw her off. It was like hitting a brick wall, and have it come right back after you. Balancing herself quickly, she thought of a new plan. She couldn't get at Burke's neck and his belly was unreachable at this point but she could try something new. She could be nimble, so it could work. If she tried to distract him, she could have the upper hand. And put in a little surprise in the process. Launching herself at him, she aimed to bring her front paws down on his head as she roughly turned to scratch the soft underside of his stomach. If he had pinned her under him, she could take that opportunity to claw at this stomache.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched her balance herself, but once he saw her slashing front paws he rather ducked his head away. He didn't want an eye injury like Potema. The dark male pushed his head away and moved more to the side. He studied her movements, and while her quickness could safe her she needed to work on her defense. Now Burke realized this, he had a point to work on. "You attacking is more than well developed," he spoke, calling the mini-spar off. 

"We will have to work on your defense, not that it was bad, you were pretty balanced out there but it could be better," he explained. "Try to always have a counter attack ready if one attacks. You will get that insight by sparring with others. I would advise you to go after the warrior trade. This way you can spar freely with wolves outside the pack, or even members within the pack to strengthen your insight and defense. You don't have to be big like me to be a block of four paws. You can learn to strengthen those muscles too and throw off heavier males," he encouraged.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis stood back and listened intently to Burke. It was nice to hear from her Alpha that she was already a good attacker, but she was more interested on what she had to work on. Defense. He was right, she was normally one to silently and quickly kill than to full on fight and had previously not needed to block an attack towards her. Warrior trade, yes she had considered it but she was also interested in Warden, for obvious reasons. Intercepting intruders and trespassers in the most painful ways was her version of fun. But she would take his advice and explore deeper into Warrior. 

Yes, if she was to be her own weapon, she had to be stronger, no matter how quick she could be. Perhaps someone in the pack could take up sparring with her. She knew there were some that would jump at the idea of taking a go at her. "Understood, though I think that friendly sparring may be hard to come by outside of Blackfeather" She teased. Given the obvious reputation of the dark pack, she only assumed that others might not be so hesitant to go farther than just a little play fight. 
"So what's next? I assume there is more to Assassin than just sparring" She asked, eager to continue the training.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke eyed her. "I hope you understand that outside of Black Feather you don't have friendly spars," he pointed out almost with a scolding gaze. His pale eyes fell down onto her, as he was was not into getting teased at the moment. He was her mentor and alpha again. He still needed to grow friendly with her. Sure in time that would come, he was already more friendly with Ayana and Cyn, even Lusa. But such relationship of teasing needed to grow, and now was not the right moment just yet. She probably took his compliment too much to her heart. Good to know that she was that type of wolf. 

"We will practice how to use a target's blindspots to your advantage," he spoke in explanation. He would see her about that later. He had a few other things to deal with. He was a busy alpha and he liked it that way. Little did he know that soon he would be even busier. "I will howl for you," he spoke and then gave her a nod as a goodbye greeting. "Work on those trades. They will favor you," he explained before turning around and vanishing between the shadows. 

Last post! I will archive after your post! :3
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Nemesis narrowed her eyes at Burke's sudden hostility. Of course she knew that outside of Blackfeather, friendliness didn't exist, she was no stranger to that. If he wanted to make that clear, using the term sparring wouldn't be very effective if she was a normal wolf and had gone out in search of a little play fight, that would have ended in her destruction. But she shook it off her mind and quickly removed her hardened gaze. She wasn't one to get caught up on elses words or feelings towards her. And she didn't hold it against him. She was still a stranger to him, and with that would naturally come hostility. 
She knew she still had a long ways to go and an impression to make clear, so she didn't worry too much. She watched as he disappeared, and only a second later did she turn away too. So you passed a lesson. How long before you stumble and burn? Her darkness spoke to her. No, she didn't have time for these thoughts. She had a job, a goal. If reaching that goal meant to explore that trades of the pack, and fully commit herself to it, so be it. It was time she stopped acting like a loner. It would be different if you didn't feel like it still, she thought as she started to run, abandoning her bed in the Grove.