Wild Berry Meadow Going through the Motions
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Placed in Wild Berry Meadow! (Couldn't find the Prefix!)

Sebastian wasn't sure what made him finally switch into making this decision, maybe he finally matured after all, he was in search for a female. Someone he could hang out with and take care for. He wasn't expecting an instant mate, but he hoped to maybe meet someone who could be a possible girlfriend for him in the future. It had been months since Peregrine promised to let a female into the pack around his age but still there weren't any. He only hired males and Sebastian was very certain he didn't have an attention to males like Peregrine himself had. That was maybe the only thing he could complain about. He felt a bit forgotten by the alpha even though Sebastian liked to think he worked had and show his appreciation. Oh well. Maybe it was good that the alpha didn't take on any females, because now he was forced to go outside the Caldera.

Sebastian hadn't left the Caldera grounds after he got home battered and bruised from the North. He wasn't sure how many months he had gone into hiding in the Caldera, but he left now it was time to head out. His fur was growing back on each side of his neck and on his shoulder, his limp was as good as gone. He felt... handsome? Could he think that? Maybe it was just his own hormones that made him think like that. His grey feet carried the tank of a male into a meadow with wild flowers and berries. His healer side got distracted by all the flowers and other types of bushes. Maybe he could bring back some plants to the Caldera.
50 Posts
Ooc —
Once More with Feeling reference or just a pithy phrase for the title?

Every day made Bhreac feel a little more settled. She liked the wolves of the Hollow thus far, and she could see them in time replacing the feeling of belonging that she and her sister had lost. It would take time, and effort on her part to trust them. Bhreac still wasn't entirely used to at all times being confronted with wolves that weren't related to her. It had been easy to open up to, invest in, and fully trust wolves she'd grown up with, or the occasional passerby who had an introduction from someone she'd known her whole life. That was part of why she'd been able to commit herself to the Hollow to any extent — Eshe had vouched.

Despite trying to put her roots down in the Hollow, since she could walk she'd been one to press far from the borders, setting out on small adventures to keep herself occupied. So given a day without terribly much to do, she'd set out early on for a bit of a trip, moving swiftly through the hills and valleys and woods and flatlands and taking it all in. It would take her a while to fully understand her surroundings and how everything connected, but for now she was content to see new vistas and know that she had somewhere to return to at the end of the night.

Eventually, she stumbled across another wolf, a stranger from a pack she didn't know — not that she knew of any, yet. He was a big creature, swathed in greys and whites, and blue eyes that stood out as striking against his otherwise colorless coat. She stopped a polite, if not cautious, distance from him. She was still trying to get used to constantly running into unfamiliar wolves without immediately going on the defensive. "'Lo," she said, offering a wag of her tail, though she didn't quite smile.
127 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Depressed, she strolled through unkown terrains and dark woods, wide meadows and big lakes. How long had she been alone? She did not know. Hours? Days? She was numb, without any feelings. No hunger, no thirst, no anger, no sadness, nothing. She was empty. And it killed her.
She would rather feel every bad feeling that existed, shame, madness, anything but this numb silence. Ayana's mind did not talk to her after the incident, and the female did not know whether this was a good or a bad sign. Clearly, she was not happy, but what made her walk and live was neither hope nor hopelessness. Something inside her made her drink from fresh springs and eat small deers or rabbits, something made her survive. Maybe she knew that she owed this to Burke, to her pack. Maybe it was just hormones.

It had been a long time since she met another wolf except Fox, and Ayana did not really feel like talking to anyone since her last encounter with a wolf did not end very well. all she rememberred was Fox' angry face, her body language and the sounds she made when she signalled that Ayana was not welcome in her pack. And since that day, Ayana was heartbroken. If her mind would say anything, it would probably call her a whiny little bit*h but Ayana did not care.

It was just when she trotted for another while, when her nose picked up the scent of another wolf. Very intense and fresh. She was not alone anymore. Ayana decided to follow the scent for a while until she reached a wide, beautiful meadow, with flowers and berries everywhere. Sunlight softly touched the grass and brids tweeted happily ever after. This place was magical. But someone was there, she could smell it. The wind turned a little and Ayana realised that it was not one lone wolf, but two. Panick was rising up inside her, and she wanted to leave, when suddenly she saw one of the wolves. Burke.

Ayana almost collapsed. What date was it? Did she miss their meeting and now he was coming for her? Or did he know she failed and disappointed him? Was he there to ... kill her?
Suddenly she saw the wolve's tail. This male was not Burke. It was his son. Seamus. Burke had told her that his son looked like him, although she was not too sure if Seamus was actually his name. Sean? Samuel? Ayana shook her head. He really looked exactly like Burke.
Ayana glanced down to her paws, did she stand in an ants nest? Something tickled her, it was as if ants were crawling all over her body, and the female wiggled around for a second.

However, because Stephen was not alone, she decided to stay hidden for a second, although something inside her made her move closer to the two wolves without her realizing. It was as if she had no control over her body, something inside her really wanted to be closer to the male who's name she had forgotten.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
It is actually a title of a McFly song, I thought it was fitting, haha!

Sebastian nosed over a few plants and wondered if these berries would be good or bad. He was truly a novice at being a healer, but he was confident he could learn. With a full pack there was bound to happen something, and Sebastian was always eager to help out his pack. The immense male might look threatening but he was far from, at least he liked to think so. He moved on, recognizing a few plants and gently pulling them out with the root still attached. With some plants you needed the root after all. He was rather busy with his little task until he realized there was someone else in this meadow. His head shot up, ears perked forward. A female. Oh--. Right. 

Sebastian cleared his throat a bit that sounded like a chuff to greet her. The pale woman before him was smaller than him, technically Sebastian had never met a female as big as him. If that fictional giant of a female would have been his girlfriend they might make a new race of giant wolves all together. Still, he did like her stocky build. Her coat looked dirty though, although, maybe not. Maybe it was just how her fur was. Sebastian decided that she looked normal enough to at least have a chat with. "Hello," he greeted back, tail gently wagging behind him. The tall male stepped forward with a curious expression, watching to see if the female liked that he stepped closer. Sebastian showed a hint of a smile. He wasn't quite confident yet with the whole female gender. After all his first crush died, ane tall male stepped forward with a curious expression, watching to see if the female liked that he stepped closer. Sebastian showed a hint of a smile. He wasn't quite confident yet with the whole female gender. After all his first crush died, and other females he met were... not what he expected. Mostly feisty things, these females... 

"I'm---" His voice cut off when he heard something sort of behind him. He turned his head to see another female coming in. Sebastian raised his pale dots on his brows for a moment. So, it was definitely true about girls and flowers then! He should definitely remember the location of this meadow and his obvious magnet to females. His masked face turned from the golden girl to the paler one. Sebastian wasn't sure if the golden one was joining them or not, so the young man turned back to the paler female. "Are you from around here? Or are you just traveling through this area?," he asked trying to sound ... handsome. Was there a way to sound handsome? Probably was... Just sound tough! He lifted his head a bit. His pale eyes surprisingly warm instead of cold, though he quickly lowered his head to a normal stance again. Was the golden female still there? It would be impolite to ignore her, right? "Hello?," he asked with a curious expression.
50 Posts
Ooc —
"Passing through," said Bhreac, acknowledging the stranger's question. "I live in another valley, near here. In a hollow. I'm trying to get to know the area, though — I've never lived anywhere with so many packs before. It seemed... I dunno, prudent to try and get to know the land." She didn't bother to mention that the number of packs living in reasonably close quarter made her rather nervous, given that her only experience with two packs encountering one another was the another pack basically annihilating her own.

He seemed a bit tense, which perversely relaxed her. She didn't know he was trying to be impressive, or handsome — he just seemed vaguely uncomfortable, and given that she she'd been in a nearly constant state of mild discomfort since arriving in this area after her sister, it was nice to not feel like so much of the odd man out. Before she could say anything else, though, there was some noise nearby indicating someone had turned their duo into a trio.

Turning her head to look as the stranger she'd spoken to addressed the third wolf, Bhreac bristled slightly. This whole thing was unfamiliar enough without somebody lurking nearby without identifying herself. Bhreac held her tongue, though, widening her stance ever so slightly in case the silent interloper would prove to be dangerous.
127 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Hello?

Ayana's eyes opened wide and she stared at the two wolves infront of her. Did she seriously just walk up close to a pair of wolves having a conversation without saying a word? It was two against one, if they turned out to be dangerous, she would not get out of this whole thing alive.
The female looked at S. first, then slowly turning her head to look at the female. She was pretty, her eyes had something special about them. Ayana quickly said something to break the awkward silence. "Ayana. Nice to meet you. If you would excuse me, I have ... something to attend to.", she said, looking at the male's eyes. She had to find out his name, she had to talk to him. Was he exactly like Burke? No, Burke was not as ... goofy. The male looked rather like a bear with all the fur he had. Burke's son did not have this aura of wisdom and power Burke had. Suddenly Ayana remembered what Burke told her about his son. Sebastian. That was his name. And Sebastian intended to kill Burke.

The female wanted to leave, but she couldn't. First, she needed to find out more about Sebastian and why he wants to kill his own father. Ayana was not really in the right position to judge, but why would anyone with a healthy mind want to kill Burke? Ayana growled a little at Sebastian, which was almost impossible to hear. Not remembering the female, she spoke to him. "Actually, I just decided differently. My meeting will have to wait!", she said smilingly. Her smile was not a true smile, though, she needed to act nice to gain the male's trust. And she needed to make herself interesting. "I bet you two don't mind me joining your little conversation? Are you from around here? I could use some company, been alone for too long, haven't I?", the female said with an innocent expression on her face.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian turned his grey ears to the pale female before him when she spoke, it was polite to listen to what a lady had to say, right? Sebastian wasn't sure which valley she talked about, little did he know he basically ran through her home while fleeing from Saena's pack at the time. He was pleased to hear that she wasn't from Black Feather Woods, at least that he would have smelled that. "Oh. Yes, there are quite a few packs," he agreed. "Not all packs do get along, but some do. It is difficult not to step on anyone's lawn," he agreed with her, and nodded softly. But if a wolf ever felt lonely then there would be a big chance of finding company, at least that was how Sebastian's mind worked.

The golden girl then joined them, only to say she had to go again. Sebastian casted his pale eyes at her for a moment. "Um. Okay," he spoke on a unsure tone, not really getting why she had to mention she had a meeting. Was she some important female he didn't know about? "Have a nice day," he then politely wished. The immense male turned back to the pale female to give her his attention again, but that was when the golden girl decided she was going to stay. Sebastian looked troubled for a moment. For him it was already hard enough to talk to one female and now he had to talk with two!? How was he ever going to give them equal amount of attention?!

Sebastian wasn't so sure about the female but did step a bit back so she could join the circle of their conversation with having an equal distance to both the females. Sebastian's ears fell back in confusion for a brief moment. "I don't know if you have been a lone wolf for a long time??," he returned to the girl that introduced herself as Ayana. He then glanced at the other girl and smiled a bit a her. "Well, I am from around here. I live at the Caldera, a bit more south from here," he spoke then to both. Because it was a continuation of the conversation he had with the pale female, and it was an answer to Ayana's question. "I'm Sebastian," he then introduced, having a bit of a boyish grin on his face. His whole being was very different than from Burke, because he wanted to be different than his father. He already looked too much like him.
127 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Ayana tried her best to smile at the male. She genuinely was interested in Burke's son, but it was weird to pretend that she did not know him. He looked exactly like his father, which made the situation even more awkward. "From the Caledra. Interesting.", Ayana replied shortly. She really did try to seem as friendly and innocent as possible, but she remembered Burke's words. Basically this Sebastian person was not as nice and fluffy as he seemed.

"Ayana. Nice to meet you. I am a lone wolf, actually... It gets lonely, you know? Which is why I am a bit rusty when it comes to conversations... especially with... men.", the girl said quietly. She was so focussed on Sebastian that she did not even realise that the other female was long gone and the two of them were left alone. Ayana's face suddenly got really hot and she felt her tail wagging. What on earth ... this wolf is a di*khead, remember what Burke said!
She knew what he said, she knew exactly that Sebastian should not make her feel this way. But he did. Silly! You're just hungry. Just find something interesting out about him and maybe you can tell Burke about that.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Burke perked his ears up with some surprise on his face. "Why is it interesting I am from the Caldera? Do you know that pack?," he asked, now he was curious too what she meant by that. She seemed friendly enough maybe she came past it or heard something bad about RHC. It seemed like they weren't very popular amongst other packs. He remembered being attacked in the North, just because he was a member of that specific pack. 

"Nice to meet you too," he spoke in return to the golden female. He realized too that the other female had moved away so Sebastian fully turned to her. He was a bit unsure but at least he didn't have two females around him. He blinked innocently. "Oh but I am far from scary," he returned. He then paused for a moment. "So you talk differently while talking to males? Why is that?," he asked. Was there another way he should talk to females? He really had no clue. Sebastian really looked a bit like an innocent pup in this moment. "You should join a pack if you are lonely, you know," he pointed out a bit sheepishly.
127 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Ayana nodded. She should join a pack, that was for sure. The girl was too weak, too silly to live on her own. Ayana stared at her paws. Should she tell him about how she was rejected? No, he would just believe that she was a weirdo that doesn't deserve anything. Which was the truth, right?
But she needed to discuss it with someone, and little did she know that Burke would not be very pleased to hear about the whole thing. She could surely use some strength in hard times like this, and Sebastian did not seem like an agressive, judgemental wolf. Maybe she should talk to him about it... Somehow the weird, tingly feeling made her want to tell him everything she ever experienced, good things and even bad things. He made her feel as if she could say whatever she wants without being judged, although she did not even know Sebastian properly.

"I... No, I usually don't. I mean...maybe I do...I don't know, really." Ayana sighed. Well, that was not the best thing to say.
"Well, I tried to join a pack, but..they did not like me.", she said, staring onto the ground. Shame was building up inside her, did she really just tell a stranger how she was rejected from a pack? That she was too rude to be given a single chance?

"I feel like whatever I do seems to ... just make it all worse.", she said. She had no control over her words, she became emotionally slu*ty, giving away too much information too soon. Deep inside her she hoped that Sebastian would not pay attention and just ignore her immature talk.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian perked his ears forward as she was starting to talk. He wanted to show some genuine interest in her since females seemed to like that, and listening that was important too. He was not that chatty to strangers so that worked. She started babbling and then she followed with all her drama that happened to her. Sebastian swallowed for a moment because what was he going to say about that? It sucks when you weren't accepted, Sebastian almost didn't get accepted in the Caldera at the time. "It could just be that the pack didn't suit you, if you were accepted you might not felt at home," he pointed out, trying to give her another perspective. 

"You shouldn't think that," he spoke and tipped his head a bit. "If you don't believe in yourself then how can you expect others to believe in you? Or even put faith in you as a loyal pack member," he advised, not sure if this was the right thing to say or not. Sebastian was a bit clueless to be honest.
127 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Ayana stared at Sebastian when he spoke to her. Burke. It was obvius that Sebastian was his son, the way he talked was just as if she was talking to his father, although Sebastian seemed to have a more lightweight aura than Burke, who often seemed very powerful and overwhelming.
Sebastian's words were flattering, and Ayana smiled weakly when he told her to love herself. She did love herself, her ego was rather big than non existant, but she knew what the male meant. Maybe she loved herself, but still did not think of herself as worthy of anything, which sounded very depressing.
Ayana noticed what a heavy topic she had announced, and she knew that this was maybe a bit too heavy to discuss with a stranger, although he seemed like an excellent counselor - just like his father.

"I know, right? Well, I guess that's just how life works ... But, man, what a topic!", Ayana said and giggled. She liked the male and genuinely did not want to scarw him off by talking about these deep things. "So, what are you up to today? Anything fun and exciting I could join?"
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Fade and do a next one?

Sebastian looked at the female and then nodded. "It is quite the topic, but better than random chitchat, this way you actually get to know the other," he pointed out in a shrug. Though he wasn't sure if this female wanted to get to know him better or wanted him to get to know her better. Sebastian looked over his shoulder to the direction of the Caldera. "I was trying to get some exploring done, and then head back home. Unless you have a cool idea too do I am all for it," he returned.

This would be the first time he would do something with a female that wasn't in his pack and with a possibility of having something more. He wasn't afraid to try it. And when he looked back on his traveling time with Andalusia it was something that only made them bond more closely together.
127 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Totally! xx

Ayana smiled at the tall wolf. He really looked exactly like Burke, which was still weird to Ayana, but something about him made her want to spend more time with him. The way he looked at her even made her forget what Burke had told her about Sebastian, she simply opened up for him as if he was a random stranger - well, a random stranger that made her feel tingly in her tummy.
"I do love some exploring. Would you mind if I joined you?", Ayana said with confidence in her words. She was up for adventures, up for the beginning of something new, something good.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian instantly shook his head. "Of course you can join me," he offered and then quirked up his lips into a smile. Wow. He had a female to hang out with how cool. Sebastian walked with her and explored some new lands. All was fun until he had to return to his pack. He hoped to see the female again, but it was always difficult with lone wolves to reach them. Alas, maybe fate would reunite them.

-end thread -