Fairspell Meadow Burke.....I can explain.
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
for @Burke
 Misty watched from some tall grass as a deer and her fawn unknowing moved closer and closer to her. She had gotten back to the lowlands to help Leo just in time. The night she arrived, some bloodthirsty loners tried to kill him and take his territory, but with her there, they were easily able to defend Leo's territory and chase the loners away. Leo had been badly injured in the fight, so Misty had decided to stay and wait until he was well enough to be on his own, despite her promise to Burke to be back that afternoon. Soon the deer and fawn were close enough for her to attack. She rushed forward and clamped her jaws down on one of the fawn's hind legs. The mother bolted, leaving the fawn to fend for itself. Misty dragged the fawn to the ground and pinned it. She quickly bit down on it's throat and waited until it stopped moving. Satisfied with her kill, she started dragging it back to Leo's den, unaware of the dark shadowed figure nearby.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke wasn't really keeping track of his pack mates that much. He didn't want to be a nagging father and make them tell him where they were going. Of course he would appreciate it since sometimes he had no clue where certain members were. Alas. It was not his point to worry about, if they stayed away too long Burke would just not accept them back in. He needed loyal wolves, not unfaithful ones.

Currently Burke was on a solo hunt. He knew here were deer in fairspell meadow even after the storm and how much it demolished most of the meadow. But apparently he wasn't the only one hunting the mother and calf in this field. He watched how Misty snatched the calf before him. He watched her kill it, so she had been been at least working on being a gamekeeper as she dragged it away he realized that she was dragging it in the wrong direction. "You are going the wrong way," he spoke to her and appeared from the shadows.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Her eyes widened in horror. "Uh...yeah...because I'm taking it to a friend." She braced for yelling from Burke, but continued, a little more confidence in her voice. This was Leo. He didn't have a pack to hunt for him, but Misty couldn't stay with him forever, she had to take care of her pack. "He needed my help, and he can't hunt for himself." She sighed. "I'm giving him the whole thing. I'm sorry if that makes you hate me, but the whole thing should be able to last until he gets better, which means I won't have to stay with him. I'm planning on hunting more to make up for it and I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke's eyes narrowed suspiciously when she said that. Black Feather was very kind towards one another but they weren't to strangers. Sure his members were allowed to have friends outside of Black Feather but it wasn't really... encouraged. Burke disliked it even more that Misty continued about taking care of this wolf. Burke would not yell. He was not a yeller, he usually stayed calm (and grumpy). Except with the wolves he was close with, Meldresi, Akela and the pups. "You should take care of your pack like you do for him," he pointed out, sounding a bit cold.

"Don't put words in my mouth, girl. You would know if I hate you because then your pulse would be non-excistant. I am your alpha, if you think that lowly of me then you better not even return to Black Feather," he returned. He wished to be retreated with respect, especially from the lower ranked wolves. How Misty just dared to talk to him was crossing a line, last time he corrected her she had turned even more timid, but frankly Burke didn't want to give her another warning. She should know these things. "I don't really give a flying fuck if you care for another wolf outside Black Feather as long as you are a functioning member of the pack. Currently I don't feel that towards you. Have you even been in the territory last week? Your scent wasn't even around."
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
"I was tracking the weather and prey for a few days, but I was in camp most of the time! Am I that invisible? And I want to be a part of this pack, but....a lot of the wolves are scary. I feel like there's too much pressure on me to be dark and bold. That's not me. If I have to change myself to be in the pack, then I don't want to be in the pack. I'm not ready to change myself...for anyone. I only joined your pack because my mentor made me." She said with tears in her eyes. "I'm not ready." She whispered again to herself.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke listened to the female. She really made his decision much easier. She wasn't dark and bold. And apparently her 'mentor' made her he do it. Well that meant she saw the mentor more as her alpha than him. "Okay, well don't bother coming back then," he spoke. It was clear that the female had no loyalty towards them, she even called it a 'camp'. They weren't camping in those words they lived there. "I agree that you shouldn't change yourself. We are big pack, and a dark one. You are clearly a different type of wolf. I would advise you to look for a small pack and a kinder one," he returned to her. It was genuine advise. 

"Why don't you stay the night with the wolf you helped, then at least you have somewhere to stay," Burke pointed out, making it clear that if she was not a member of his pack anymore. She was different. She didn't fit in, as she said so herself. Then why keep her as a member if she had other priorities rather than Black Feather. The decision was easy for the alpha.
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
So, he'd finally done it, he'd finally kicked her out, with a little help from her. "You've made your decision, and I've made mine. I wish you the best, Burke, I really do. And I wish the Blackfeather pack good health as well. It was an honor being in your pack. I'm sorry I couldn't be of use to you and your pack." Tears still in her eyes, she tore off two of the fawn's legs and padded off with them towards Leo's den, leaving the rest of the fawn for Burke. I'm sorry Skyshire. I tried. I really tried. I tried to leave my past behind, but my past is who I am. I can't change that. she thought to herself, as if Skyshire could hear her thoughts.
if you can do, two more posts and I do another one, we can use this for exp
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Of course! Then you can join the Lone Wolf group or any other pack by Group Memberships! :)

Burke looked at her, now it almost sounded that she made the decision now. Maybe they did make the decision together. Well then. Burke was glad that he had on more worry off his chest. "Thank you. I hope you will find a pack that suits you better," he returned and the seemed to mean it. The large male looked at the female. She had not been suited and Burke learned to be more critical when a wolf was requesting to be a member of their pack. At least he learned that from her. "I think anything is better compared to Black Feather."
79 Posts
Ooc — Misty
Away
Misty turned back and smiled, setting down the meat before giving the Alpha a sympathetic look. "You shouldn't say that about your own pack, silly. And it's not the worst pack, it's just not for some wolves, like me. It's for the strong, loyal, and bold wolves, who like a strong leadership and being in the dark. It's an amazing pack...it's just not for me. And if you ever need to release anybody else from the pack, tell them to come look for me or Skyshire in the lowlands. We're always happy to help those in need and get them situated as loners and we're willing to help them look for a new pack."  Misty looked back at the lowlands, almost as if it was calling her to it. She turned back toward Burke and dipped her head. "Please tell Nemesis I'm sorry that we didn't work out as friends. And give Meldresi my congratulations. And I wish you the best, Burke. You were an amazing teacher, for which I will always be grateful." With that, she picked up the fawn legs and bolted off towards the lowlands.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Uch sorry, Burke is a horrible wolf! -- THE END!

Burke growled. "You really are stupid are you?," he huffed out before he even realized it, loosing his calm again with this girl. She had a way to get under his skin. "I am proud of my pack! Black Feather Woods is the great pack around, with the greatest wolves. They are dark but protecting of their fellow members. What I wanted to say was meant for you. I just nicely stated that you will never be one of us," he let out in a rather mean way. But hey, now Burke didn't have to be nice to her, she was not a pack member he needed to please. Burke was not friendly towards outsiders. 

Burke then got a string of things he needed to say and do, which he probably wasn't going to do. But when she spoke of his mate his ears did move forward. He was really smitten with her after all. "You were some teacher for me too,' he mumbled very softly as the girl left. Burke was just glad that this was dealt with. He had no remorse of sending the girl off in the wilds, she knew others after all. How she could be friends with them was a miracle to him. Alas. It was time to take care of Meldresi and tell her what happened.