Fairspell Meadow Impossible Oblivion
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay

Akela was resting in the meadow.  He had a clear view of what was going on, and he had already stayed there before joining the Blackfeather Wood pack. Time had passed there rather quickly.  Burke had already promoted him to the middle ranked wolves for his good work, when all he did was repay his friend for allowing him to stay. He knew Burke was waiting for a definite decision, he could not avoid the matter for weeks on. Sure , he had still time, and he knew Burke would not push the matter, but it felt like this pack had a way of accepting him.  It was a strange mixture between wanting to stay, and one to not belong.  He could not really give any logical explanation for it.

He knew the alpha had some business to attend to, but he had asked him to kindly join him here once he was done. There were things he wished to discuss, away from indiscreet ears.  He enjoyed the quietness, his gaze loosing itself in the meadow.  The woods were keeping it cool and dark, while here, the sun was more master and warming his body up. He did not mind, he liked the peaceful scenery.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke had to tend to his wife, her first trimester didn't made her feel any better. The male wanted to make her as comfortable as he could. That meant that he had to stay with her, cuddle her and of course provide her with food. Once she was back to sleep Burke decided that he could steal a few hours to have a talk with Akela. He wondered what the male wanted to talk about, he hoped his friend wasn't leaving. He found great comfort in his friend being amongst his ranks. 

He gave Meldresi a quick kiss and then trotted out of the web. The wolf knew the underground tunnels by heart now. He came out by the edge of the swamps and then quickly made his way to his friend. The large male trotted onto the fields and spotted his dark friend. Burke approached him. "All done. What did you wish to tell me?"
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
"Come sit with me" he asked and moved a little and winced. The scratches from that stupid cougar were still healing. He smiled at his friend rather tiredly. "I wanted a little time with you to inform you of my encounters and other packs. Redtail Rise burned down. They are moving to maple woods now. Some wildfire and reek talking about it. Lusa paseductive by me when I was patrolipatrolling.  I followed her she went up bear claw valley that she the only safe path up there. " he informed his alpha. "And your mate loves me...really I chased the deer out of her"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke trotted up to his friend and then sat down as his friend's request. He looked at Akela as his information started to flow. He was not too familiar with the Rise Wolves but to know there had been a fire was some news. The pack relocated to a maple wood. Hmm good to know. Little did he know that he had met Wildfire. She was the red little female he scared. She had mistaken him for his son. "That damn woman always leaves," he growled. "Let her be I will question her later."

"That Redtail Rise must be far away since I didn't smell any fire. But good Outrider skills, Akela." burke smiled at his friend when he spoke about Meldresi liking him. "Why did you think I wanted to arrive first? Otherwise she would have totally fallen for you," he joked and bumped playfully to Akela. He was glad Meldresi felt some cheer in this period of misery.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela nodded courteously and winced.  "Buuurke, for heaven's sake . " he groaned when  the alpha nudged him exactly where the cat had put his claws in.  He took a deep breath to let the pain go away and  breathed out then.  "It must have, been further away, but the questions remains to why those wolves come that far south then.  Just pointing it out there. " he spoke and licked his snout.

" Burke, if I asked you to come here, of all places, away from the pack...it's not only to report on my duties. " The wolf started and for the first time in years, he appeared more vulnerable, ears slightly back in a hesitant matter. " My days here... are...quite interesting... " he added, while the but was pointing faaar at the horizon.  It sounded like he would not stay, that he was going to go again, on the road.  " An Alpha needs to know the wolves he directs and protects ... my father always told me that... " he spoke, more quietly.  "There is a reason I was interested in Meldresi, in her cult, in the brotherhood.  " he looked down , swallowing thickly. This tale he had not told anyone at all.  " It goes hand in hand with the reason why  I left my pack, my family ...behind. " he added and shuddered.  "I am going to tell you once , and only once what has happened. Then never again shall it ever cross my lips or yours, do you understand ? "
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke laughed and then grew serious. He nodded and realized that it was interesting that those pack members were south. He had no reason to go North as a southern wolf. The large male could only think that they had some connections to the south, or they were fleeing from that fire over the mountains. "Good point. Good point," he spoke thoughtfully and then glanced at the black wolf. 

He tipped his head for a moment as it almost felt like Akela was rambling. He could only nod at the right moment to show the other he was listening. "I'm glad you are ready to tell me this," he returned. Burke sounded genuinely interested. "I understand, tell you story," he spoke. He wondered if Akela needed comfort afterwards, he would be there for his friend.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela looked right in front of him.  "I had a mate once. " he started and paused.  "Catori. " he added, unable to use the verb to be in its past tense.  A name remained, no matter what. "We were the beta couple in my uncle's pack. Things were looking great. He gave us his blessing and shortly after, she was expecting our first litter. " he spoke  "We parted in the morning, I went to hunt with my uncle... when I came back, she was gone ... I thought nothing of it. She was maybe out for a walk or to stretch or have some intimacy. " The wolf looked down, his throat tight with the pain and anger he was feeling just as freshly as the day it all happened.

"I went to look for her, when she did not come back by the next morning...I eventually found her ...lying on the bank of a river. There was nothing to do ...something had attacked her ...the wounds were too deep...and she was fading..."   Akela stopped and closed his eyes. "I stayed with her .. until she asked me to put an end to her suffering...and try to save our pups...I could never say no to her. " He opened his eyes again.  "So I did it ... I killed her...then I..." his voice died.  " They were too young to survive ...must have died hours ago..." he jumped, implying that he had done what was needed to get access to the pups.  " Everyone understood, but ...packlaws are packlaw and  I had killed one of our own ...to be honest I couldn't remain there...everything smelled, reminded me of her...and I can't live with it. "

" In my grief, I clang to the brotherhood, as a way of finding a way to communicate with her. Tell her, how sorry  I am for failing her and my duty...rumors had it that  the brotherhood could talk to the spirits through the priests."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke pointed his ears forward, curious about what Akela wanted to share with him. It was a surprise and somehow not a surprise that Akela had a mate before. What was surprising was that he was close to being a father of his own. Burke instantly thought about Meldresi and how he would probably go ballistic if Meldresi would die. He couldn't live without her, or well, he probably could, but he was far happier with her being alive and well. His ears fell back at the horrible thought. He couldn't even imagine how shredded Akela's heart must have been. 

Burke wasn't a wolf that quickly showed compassion but this was his friend that went through this. Still his face stayed rather stoic but for the wolves that did know him well they would see the hints of true emotion his his face. "But after talking to Meldresi... You realized the priestess can do no such thing,' he finished the story for him. Burke had been the same in the beginning thinking that she could do some actual witchcraft. "Akela. Maybe my words mean nothing to you but I think you fulfilled her final wishes. And what she asked from you is something that requires great courage and strength. You shouldn't be sorry. You didn't fail her," he spoke to his friend. If only it was that easy to counsel someone on this topic.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela did not need to confirm. Burke had finished his story for him on that bittersweet note. He blinked and licked his lips.  " I have no regrets on what I've done... I just cannot forget that I killed the one thing  I loved more than anything. Life stretches long when guilt is on your back, brother.  I have many times thought of joining her. " he looked at his friend.  " And when I was about to decide myself to do so, you came into my life and dragged me on another path where time doesn't seem to rot hope. " he gently stated and sighed.   "She brought me here, of that I am convinced. "  he spoke and held his head higher.  Beauty in pain, too much to ever speak completely about it. He glanced over at Burke, before turning his head.  " Therefore I made my choice. " he stated and smiled a little.  "I'm going to remain by your side in this pack. "
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded slowly, feeling a certain mutual feeling somehow. He could only imagine the pain which would be always less than it actually was. He was surprised to hear that he saved Akela's life without knowing. He was more of a life ender than a life giver. But as it turns out he was the latter. His face looked surprised but then it fell into a hint of a smile. "I'm glad I got to save you then," he spoke. Akela was his best friend, and he saw him as the brother he never had. His own brother was not worthy of that title.

Burke smiled. "I am glad. I would love to have you as my right man," he spoke and then quirked up his lips. If Akela would keep up the good work. Burke was certain that, after a talk with Meldresi, they might look at their new Beta. He and Meldresi might be busy with their youngsters after all. Burke was seriously considering talking to his wife about this matter.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela chuckled.  " our right man , huh ?  As if I'm not already. " he spoke and stretched his limps.  This was relieving and burdening at the same time.  He did not feel liberated by having told his story to another soul, but it felt good to have someone who knew, who could understand some of his reactions to certain thing. He did not know if he would remain in this pack, if Burke ever left it for some reason or if himself was met by fate to do so, he did not want to promise that he would stay,  he did not want to be another oath breaker.

"How .. is ...Meldresi doing ? "
he asked, knowing the female had not had a very nice first trimester, from the rants he had heard when passing or delivering food to the couple.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke laughed. Because somehow Akela did fit into that role of being his right hand because they knew each other so well. The large wolf was glad Akela shared such a private thing with him, and it made the male wonder if he should share something in return. He knew a woman definitely would. "Meldresi is alright. The pups are taking a toll on her actually, she doesn't feel super great," he explained. And he got the cold shoulder sometimes, alas he knew it would only take two months. 

"She is mostly in the web resting and feeling sick," he added and then shook his head. He would be glad once those babies were out, or baby, that could also happen. Burke had no clue how many were in there after all. There must be at least one because Meldresi was starting to feel some kicking, movement at least which was a great relief.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela nodded.  "I see. Well , she's halfway through.  Soon enough you won't have your time alone anymore, being a daddy again. Although as I heard, you already have experience with the youngsters running around here" he spoke out. He had no idea that actually Burke had more experience than what he initially thought. But then again, neither he or Burke had confined in each other back in the days, he had chosen to reveal part of his past because  secrets were deadly with an Alpha. And as he had vowed to be Burke's warden, he needed him to trust him even more blindly.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke glanced at Akela because he had far more experience with babies and what a pain they could be. He cleared his throat. "Yes, those three spiderlings grew on me to be honest," he then grinned. "But I had experience before, with pups that is. A bad experience," he admitted and look at his friend. "When I met you I abandoned my pack. I was so fed up with them and it was mostly my fault. It is a very long story, and a boring one but basically I might have a whole army of youngsters running around..."

Burke kept his pale eyes on Akela, not ashamed about it. He was young and was more thinking with another body part than rather with his brains. "One came down here to annoy me actually. For god knows why. If you see a bad impersonator that looks exactly like me, he only has a tail where I don't have one. You can very badly wound him and call me so I can kill that annoying fly," he growled.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela frowned.  "You were a fucker, huh...should have known. "  Akela remarked as he told his story. There was no reproach in his voice, he was just making a statement.  He had noticed that Burke had changed, everyone was talking about the darkness of this pack, but he thought it was bright, it shined upon Burke and made him a more mature wolf it seemed.   "I'm not sure how I feel about younger you's running around , getting all flustered thinking about it" he shuddered then chuckled a little.  He just had to go there or it wouldn't be them.

At Burke's next words , he tilted his head.  Annoyance rarely let to wishing someone's death.  "What happened ? That you wish your own flesh's death ? " he asked , curious to know where all this animosity was coming from.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke snorted at that comment. "Yes I was. But boy did I learn from it," he pointed out to his friend. Because a pack with too much pups could be a downfall. Too many demanding mouths to feet, if the pups were unhappy the females were unhappy and it would just be a chain of events that would collapse into something worse. "There are a few," he just pointed out to make Akela feel even more flustered as he said he was feeling that. The male shook his head. "Because he is an ungrateful little shit," he snapped, clearly on edge with the topic. "He doesn't get to tell me how I should have lived my life, and he doesn't get to say to me that I wasn't allowed to leave because I was. Plus he menthionednot so smartly to Meldresi that he wanted me dead." 

Burke was very eager to do the same to that grey bundle of annoyance. And he reminded him about this last pack and how wrong he was. Burke disliked to be wrong. Plus he had almost ran himself to death with all that he wanted to provide for his pups, he had kept his distance for a reason, so he wouldn't have his flesh chasing after him. If they didn't know him then they wouldn't care about him. Apparently he was wrong in that too.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela silently listened.  " I can understand the boy's resentment towards you.  You are no snow white rabbit , quite the opposite. Abandonment and rejection fuels the worst sentiments at time. " he spoke , understanding where Sebastian was coming from, but then again  he knew Burke as well, and if one was the bad impersonator of the other, no wonder it had clashed.  "But I can also understand your hatred towards him. I would have been so angry at my father if he ever left , just gave up on things he built himself, but  I would never in a million cycles threaten his life.  He remains my father. "  Akela spoke and lifted himself up.

" Let's make sure he will not hear from your upcoming fatherhood. Only the spirits know what a trigger can do in a younger wolf...one blink and ... " he stopped himself and smiled apologically.  "I'm on a rather darker road today, I am sorry. Care to join me to a little trip up north to the hot waters ? Have a relaxing time in the waters ? And listen you complain about it being too hot ? "
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at Akela and then shook his head. "No you don't understand," he stated and flattened his ears. "You don't know the full story. So yea, me and my brother had a rivalry, and impregnated all the females, but he was not the leader, or the caretaker of the pack. He didn't care, I did. I did everything, I did the hunting, the protecting, the patrolling. I almost overworked myself to provide a good and safe home for all the pups we created," he explained, still sounding bitter because he hated his brother. He had run the legs from under his body. "When I did all those things I was too tired to fight my brother for the alpha but I did because I didn't deserve the Beta spot.I was more of a leader Darius ever was," he growled.

"Anyways, this Sebastian. I remember his damn well enough. After all he looked like me, he was in Dalia's first litter. But I chose to ignore him so I wouldn't have this trouble. Not that I had the time to be a father figure for him. I am not the bad guy here. I was trying to keep this pack alive and this ... Sebastian is crying because I ignored him, and then abandoned him. Or that is what Meldresi told me. That is why he wasn't to hurt me, because I wasn't a father for him? Damn he got a lot of nerve," Burke let out. "Thanks to me he is still alive in the first place!" Burke then looked at Akela. Now he knew his whole story too, somehow giving Burke some peace of mind too. "The hot waters sound nice," he muttered then, he could use to relax.
204 Posts
Ooc — Kay
Akela listened. A shame really.  This quarrel was based on something that could be easily solved.  he thought that there must have been more to the story than Burke led on.  Hatred did not simply come from simple details like these, but he also knew that young souls could easily sink into whys and doubts. The younger male could have argued more about this matter, but despite what Burke was saying, they remained bound by the same blood. They were father and son, whether they liked it or not, and killing each other would only bring pain to the other, even if both seemed to think otherwise now.  "It's your son, you handle him like you want to,but I will not risk an injury for a personal feud if  I ever see him outside our lands"

The wolf smiled and nudged his friend.  "Hide your excitement Bun Bun " he bit down softly on his scruff and gave a friendly growl before starting moving.

- 2 wolves walking into the sun fading ending -