Firestone Hot Springs ashes against the grain
she painted fire across the skyline
60 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
@Hawkeye ~sammiiii~ this is lame and quick but it's a start!

She lifted her head, nose twitching and sea-ice eyes alert. The wind, fickle and indecisive as it was, brought her mixed messages. She scented game but could not be certain from which direction the scent truly came, for the wind tossed and bandied it about like a poorly-kept secret in a rowdy bar on the bad side of town. The pursed her lips, a look of mild annoyance coming over her face. She knew the hot springs had to be prime hunting grounds, for game trails cross-hatched the winter-dried grasses in abundance. Animals from all over would seek out its comforting warmth, particularly in the midst of winter. Her pack had swelled to such great numbers now that they would need to look outside of the forest itself for game; it would be essential in the coming months to secure some hunting grounds and defend them from rival packs.
<style type="text/css">.chakrastar {width:490px; background-image:url('http://ghostecho.net/stu/chakratab.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#1D0D25; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:20px 30px 140px 30px; margin:0px auto; text-align:justify; color:#bc6d89; font:15px/1.5 Georgia; border-top-right-radius: 50px; box-shadow: 0 8px 6px -6px black;} .chakrastar b {color:#E79876; font-weight:600;} .chakrastar p {text-indent:50px; margin:0px;} </style>
table by hilli ♥
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye sighed contentedly as she trotted across the blanket white land and to the hot springs. Unease filled her as she approached, for last time she came here, Jinx was present. The inky wolf relaxed as she came closer, though, for no one was in sight.

Then, she tense. A white wolf seemed to be looking around for something. Hawkeye stood, frozen in place, watching the actions so carefully executed by the ivory wolf through steam that met the sky.

"Hey!" She finally called out, weaving through the piles of hot air. "What are you up to?" Stopping many feet short of the wolf (who did not seem a threat, but she did not notice Hawkeye was watching her so it was up in the air), Hawkeye shuffled and settled gently upon her haunches and waited.
she painted fire across the skyline
60 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Sorry for ze wait!

Steam rose into the air around her, clouding her view of the surrounding landscape. It was uncomfortably warm, and breathing was more difficult with so much heat and moisture in the air. It was rumored that many came here for the soothing qualities of these hot springs, but Chakra couldn't understand what was so soothing about it. If anything, it made her feel lethargic and smothered. Shaking her fur to remove some of the fine droplets of moisture that had condensed at the tips of her guard hairs, she turned to leave and was suddenly startled by the appearance of a very large black wolf nearby.

It was unnerving that this stranger had been able to sneak up on her with seemingly little effort. But then again, it wasn't surprising. The damp, heavy air stifled any scents and weighted them down. The wind wouldn't carry them through this mist, and the gurgling waters nearby drowned out the faint sound of footfalls. Fortunately, the black she-wolf didn't seem to be a threat at the moment, so Chakra allowed herself to relax. A little. "I was just looking for signs of game. I'm pretty sure I've found a hot trail, but this steam makes it difficult to scent."
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye relaxed a little more hearing the faint words that were unthreatening. While the steam and heat made it difficult for the other female to see, it made it hard for her to hear.

Looking around a moment, she looked back to the white female and said, "Maybe I can help you." The other she-wolf seemed a bit on edge, but maybe she was just seeing things. There was so much more free time now that Peregrine was co-Alpha, so she was sure that being away for half a day creating bonds wouldn't harm anything; it seemed that Peregrine would never leave the lands, so it was up to the awkward ways of Hawkeye to forge pacts (or find enemies).